The New Year is always a fun time and a motivation for people to take stock of things, so to speak, but this year is especially exciting for us, because it's the first time in 20 years that any books will enter the public domain in the US! That's right, that means that this is the first time ever in the history of LibriVox
that we'll be able to record some books next year that we couldn't record this year! To commemorate, I thought I'd pull together a podcast as a celebration (or release party, as my husband called it)!
If you want to participate, please record a short snippet of yourself, discussing the following:
- How do you plan to ring in the new year?
- What 1923 book(s), if any, are you most excited about? What is it about it/them that interests you? Do you plan to record it/them as a solo or start a group project? (This is mainly what I'll try to focus on!)
- Do you have any LV goals for the coming year, or did you set any goals in 2018 that you'd like to review?
- Anything else you'd like to share?
This can be as long or as short as you like, but either way, understand that I may not be able to use your entire recording. I'll keep all the juicy bits, though!
- Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
- You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: Cori
Once your file is finished uploading, please post the link here. I'll try to have everything ready to go by December 31st, but I think that if you submit your contributions by the 29th, that will give me enough time to put everything together.