COMPLETE [DRAM READ] Crime and Punishment by Dostoyevsky-maryann

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
pyledriver

Post by pyledriver »

linny wrote: December 18th, 2018, 2:26 pm
pyledriver wrote: December 18th, 2018, 1:46 pm Christmas break at last!

A straggler: https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/crimeandpunishment_raskolnikov_23.mp3

I intend to get everything else I owe uploaded before the new year.
2:09 word change – Raskolnikov: "Oh, I'm quite obliged to..."
I hear obligated
Me too. That's why I let it gather dust. But the two words are synonyms, so does the difference matter? (No biggie either way. I have a bunch of other changes I need to make.)
linny

Post by linny »

pyledriver wrote: December 18th, 2018, 2:54 pm Me too. That's why I let it gather dust. But the two words are synonyms, so does the difference matter? (No biggie either way. I have a bunch of other changes I need to make.)
I can't answer that. Mary is the BC. She will be back mid January and can answer then.
linny

Post by linny »

26 has a repeat but since it's the only correction I can take care of it during editing.

29 is PL OK.

30 has a few corrections
5:08 - "You are a strange girl, Sonia—you kiss me and hug me when I tell you about that.... You don't think what you are doing."
I hear know

6:45 repeat – "I don't know.... I haven't yet decided whether to take that money or not,"

16:12 repeat – And I know now, Sonia, that whoever is strong in mind and spirit will have power over them.

21:03 - Repeat/stumble – Enough, enough, Sonia, enough! Let me be!"

You're doing really well and it sounds as if we are getting to the good stuff. :wink:

Please be a bit more alert to spacing between your lines and those of others. During your speeches it isn't uncommon for you to use a 1-2 second pause. I found a number of spaces for editing in other lines which are only 1-2 seconds. That short of spacing makes editing really time consuming. It's a lot faster to do a rough edit based on visuals and then once all the characters are in place to go back and adjust for timing and PL. Without a break that can be noticed visually it's more time-consuming to find where the line breaks are. No need to adjust these just please consider it for future chapters. This project is going to be a big editing job and whatever you can do to assist is appreciated.
Last edited by linny on January 4th, 2019, 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
benderca

Post by benderca »

HoosierMary wrote: December 17th, 2018, 7:11 am Sorry for dropping the ball of late; I've had a lot of personal and professional commitments come up.

And now for another one. I'm getting married in a couple of weeks and then going on a honeymoon, so I'll be away from LV until about mid-January.

Thanks for all the work on this project so far! See you in the new year.
Congratulations, Mary!

I just wanted to let you know that I've finished recording Katerina, but I've got so many editing projects piled up (after undergoing major surgery), so I'm doing the ones that are nearing completion first. I'll get to this one soon.
pyledriver

Post by pyledriver »

linny wrote: December 18th, 2018, 6:55 pm Please be a bit more alert to spacing between your lines and those of others. During your speeches it isn't uncommon for you to use a 1-2 second pause. I found a number of spaces for editing in other lines which are only 1-2 seconds. That short of spacing makes editing really time consuming. It's a lot faster to do a rough edit based on visuals and then once all the characters are in place to go back and adjust for timing and PL. Without a break that can be noticed visually it's more time-consuming to find where the line breaks are. No need to adjust these just please consider it for future chapters. This project is going to be a big editing job and whatever you can do to assist is appreciated.
Sorry about that. How much space do you want where others' lines need to be inserted? I'll paste more space into the chapters I have to fix and repost anyway. Easy to do.
linny

Post by linny »

Since your in reading pauses can be up to 2 seconds I would say 5 seconds would be ideal. Thank you for understanding. :D
pyledriver

Post by pyledriver »

Everything is recorded, and I have next week off. Therefore there should be no impediment to getting all of Raskol's lines posted.

The first of the fixes is posted below. I added extra space between lines to make the editing easier, so I've updated the place of the changes:

2:10 "I dare say I do seem to you absurdly anxious about such trash; but you mustn't think me selfish or grasping for that”
5:46 “So they don't care to hide that they are tracking me like a pack of dogs.
7:38 “Not a doubt they were talking about me before we came.”
13:59 ‘But if such a one is forced for the sake of his idea to step over a corpse or wade through blood”

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/crimeandpunishment_raskolnikov_19.mp3
pyledriver

Post by pyledriver »

The rest of the fixes:

5:46 missing word (sounds like it was cut off during editing) - "All this is very naïve... excuse me, I should have said impudent on your part,"

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/crimeandpunishment_raskolnikov_21.mp3

2:31 word change – Raskolnikov: "Oh, I'm quite obliged to..."

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/crimeandpunishment_raskolnikov_23.mp3

6:48 - "You don't think what you are doing."
8:53 repeat – "I don't know.... I haven't yet decided whether to take that money or not,"
19:28 repeat – And I know now, Sonia, that whoever is strong in mind and spirit will have power over them.
24:44 - Repeat/stumble – Enough, enough, Sonia, enough! Let me be!"

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/crimeandpunishment_raskolnikov_30.mp3
linny

Post by linny »

19, 21, 23, and 30 are all spot check PL OK.

Spacing is beautiful! Thank you! :9:
linny

Post by linny »

I should be able to get you all PLed this weekend. :D
ZechariahRaman

Post by ZechariahRaman »

Hello,
Is the Young Man (Ch 13) part open? It's small, I see, and I can easily complete it.
My First Contribution: Preface of The Countess of Lowndes Square, and Other Stories by E. F. Benson
Most Hilarious Contribution: 'Young fellow' in Chapter 13 (3:47-4:35) of Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky
linny

Post by linny »

ZechariahRaman wrote: January 12th, 2019, 6:43 am Hello,
Is the Young Man (Ch 13) part open? It's small, I see, and I can easily complete it.
Our BC is on vacation but I'm going to say yes and thank you! I'll get the MW updated for you.