Help! [OK for now]

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
njgorgen

Post by njgorgen »

I need help. I was recording, stopped and when I came back now it will not let me start again. When I push the record button the line that usually moves when recording turns red and will not move. I tried starting a new recording but I get the same red line until I push the stop button then the red line goes away until I push the record button then the red line comes back and I can't do anything until I push the stop button again. What did I do? Looked in Help, tutorials, etc. but am at a loss. I am half-way through a Chap. Line is green when I am listening to what I have recorded but turns red when I hit record and will not move. Help please!! Thanks Nancy
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Try pushing play, then stopping it and pressing Record again.
Hope that helps.
~ πš˜πš— πš‘πš’πšŠπšπšžπšœ ~
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

If you are using Audacity, earlier versions you pressed control then record to continue. What program and version are you using ?

Anne
Foon

Post by Foon »

If I understand your description correctly, I've had the same issue before. I have no idea what caused it, but what did the trick for me was restarting my computer. I know, it's not very specific, but who knows, it might do the trick for you?
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
njgorgen

Post by njgorgen »

Well whatever it was seems OK now. Just got back on and it is fine. Technology!!! Thanks for your quick responses anyway. :D
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Another victory for technology!!! Glad you are back in business. :thumbs:
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
njgorgen

Post by njgorgen »

Well it did it again! It worked for a good hour or so and then all of a sudden it started doing the same thing. I'm going to give it a try again tomorrow and if it keeps doing it the only thing I can think to do is take it off my computer and redownload it. I am using audacity 2.2.2 and I don't know if there is an updated version or not. Anybody else have any other suggestions? I am at a loss.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

no idea really, but could it be a loose connection of the microphone? I always try to look first for the things I can do something about.
I haven't had this particular result when it happens but Audacity is a resource hog, could it be running out of room or is there something else that could have started running while you were recording ?
njgorgen

Post by njgorgen »

No loose connection I could find on the microphone, It's relatively new. Also the only thing I've done lately on my computer is recording so nothing else would have been open. I'll keep trying something and then I'll try deleting audacity and downloading it again and maybe that will take care of it. Fingers crossed!
Penumbra

Post by Penumbra »

The audacity manual has a couple of suggestions that I found and quote here:

1) "The recording cursor can legitimately appear to be stuck in Audacity if you have accidentally enabled Sound Activated Recording in the Transport Menu and the current recording input is below the threshold level at which recording is set to start. You can tell this is the case because the blue Pause button will be depressed after you press Record.

"To disable Sound Activated Recording, click the Transport menu and uncheck Sound Activated Recording (on/off)."

2) "Out of resources

"If you have not activated Sound Activated Recording and the red recording cursor will not move from the position where you start to record or stalls while recording, this usually means you are out of computer resources. Rebooting the computer may solve the problem."

Note that they mean a full reboot (shut down, power up) and not a quick start reboot, which may leave resources allocated.
Tom Penn
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Seawolf4 wrote: ↑October 9th, 2019, 7:22 pm i'm having trouble saving and sending the MP3 file from Twistedwave
Seawolf, I recommend you put your request for help in a new thread and perhaps mention Twistedwave in its heading.
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

I've moved Seawolf's post over to a new thread, which can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=76779
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks