[COMPLETE][Russian]Сказки, Михаил Евграфович Салтыков-Щедрин. - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Airyssa

Post by Airyssa »

Kitty wrote: November 3rd, 2018, 9:35 am
thank you for the first section. I did try to PL a bit, but unfortunately it is too fast for me to follow along and check with the old script :( We need to wait for a native speaker to PL it. Let's hope someone comes along.
Sad. I hope PL find soon.
Kitty wrote: November 3rd, 2018, 9:35 am I did check the technical settings already and only one things needs to be changed, it is too loud. Our limits are between 86 and 92 dB, you have over 93 dB. I would suggest decreasing the volume with -3 dB, then you are all good.

But no need to do that immediately, let's first see if you have any other errors.
Ok. I`ll change it as soon as we find PL and section will be listened.
Kitty wrote: November 3rd, 2018, 9:35 am The intro sounds good to me already and the first few sentences were well read as well. I could hear so much that I think you read very clearly and expressively, so it will be nicely understood by someone who speaks the language much better than me :lol:

I think you can continue recording sections while we wait for a DPL. The way you do it is totally fine for LV. :thumbs: Just watch the volume, but this can always get changed later in the end, so no worries there.

Good luck with the next section :)

Sonia
Thank you!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Ok Lika I will make a bit of an effort and listen slowly through your section, at least you can get a bit of feedback. :) But I cannot concentrate too long on the difficult script, so I will need a few days to get through the section.

For now I have listened to the first page, up to 3:12 min.

My first impression at least is very positive. Your sound is good and you speak slowly enough, at least for a native Russian speaker it will be no problem to listen to you. I always stopped between parts of sentences to get back on the original text ;)

I think I found only one word that is not the same as in the script. Could you please listen to this part and see if I'm right ? But maybe I also heard it wrong and it's as you said. Just check here:

> at 2:20: (p. 1) “Пуще всего” – I hear something else, maybe “ойще” ? :hmm: I don't know this word, so maybe it means the same.

In any case: you can correct it already, if it is wrong, but don't reupload yet. Let's wait till I listened to it all, in case there are other corrections. If you have to correct it, only re-record that one part of the sentence. No need to re-record the whole text again ! Just a "spot correction" is enough. Maybe those two words, or the whole sentence, if you prefer that. Not more.

Ok, now I need to rest, but I will try to check the second page tomorrow. At this rate I can finish the first story in 4 days :)

We will manage somehow. Don't worry. And maybe some kind Russian will help me out one day.

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

I continued with page 2, today. It's very slow going for me, as I have to listen to each sentence very often to get it right with the text. This page took me almost one hour to listen to :shock:

Well, here are my comments. Practically all is word-perfect, but I have 3 words where I think I hear something different. Could you please let me know if I'm hearing this correctly, or if it's only a matter of dialect and accent and that the words are correct after all ? Please don't forget that I am not a native speaker, so if these words are ok, just let me know.

> at 3:36: (p. 2 top) “трогаютъ” – I don’t hear the ending “-ают” here, maybe a stumble ?

> at 6:54: (p. 2 bottom) “ибо лучше” – I don’t hear the ‘л’ here, only “ибоучше”

> at 6:57: (p. 2 bottom) “желудкомъ” – I hear “жевудкомъ”

Note to myself, so I know where to start tomorrow :lol: page 2 ends at 7:24. Will continue there later on, now I need another rest.

As before, you can correct the sentences if these notes are really errors, but wait until I finished before you reupload.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

now I prooflistened page 3 and I think there was no textual error at all. You once left out a "что" in the expression "думали, что", but I think that doesn't change the meaning at all, so no need to correct that. Page 3 is all fine.

I will try to finish the chapter tomorrow, a bit more than one page left, I think I can do that all in one go. Need to continue at time-stamp: 11:29.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

all right, I finished the rest of the chapter today :9: in the last part I didn't find any textual errors.

So here are all the things I wanted you to check and maybe correct (if wrong) in the first chapter:

> your volume is 93.2 dB , which is too loud. We accept between 86 and 92 dB. Can you please decrease by -3. In Audacity you can do that with the "Amplify" function, just don't forget the MINUS sign ;)

and here are the 4 sentences where I thought I heard something different than in the text.

Can you please check them. If what you said is correct, or doesn't change the original meaning, then you don't have to correct. If it is wrong, please re-record that sentence or part of the sentence and copy it on the right spot. Then please tell me at what time spot you have corrected, so I can do a Spot check. Don't change anything else, the rest is fine.

> at 2:20: (p. 1) “Пуще всего” – I hear something else, maybe “ойще” ? :hmm:

> at 3:36: (p. 2 top) “трогаютъ” – I don’t hear the ending “-ают” here, maybe a stumble ?

> at 6:54: (p. 2 bottom) “ибо лучше” – I don’t hear the ‘л’ here, only “ибоучше”

> at 6:57: (p. 2 bottom) “желудкомъ” – I hear “жевудкомъ”

Thank you. This was a great start in the collection.

Sonia
Airyssa

Post by Airyssa »

Kitty wrote: November 6th, 2018, 7:08 am Ok Lika I will make a bit of an effort and listen slowly through your section, at least you can get a bit of feedback. :) But I cannot concentrate too long on the difficult script, so I will need a few days to get through the section.

For now I have listened to the first page, up to 3:12 min.

My first impression at least is very positive. Your sound is good and you speak slowly enough, at least for a native Russian speaker it will be no problem to listen to you. I always stopped between parts of sentences to get back on the original text ;)

I think I found only one word that is not the same as in the script. Could you please listen to this part and see if I'm right ? But maybe I also heard it wrong and it's as you said. Just check here:

> at 2:20: (p. 1) “Пуще всего” – I hear something else, maybe “ойще” ? :hmm: I don't know this word, so maybe it means the same.

In any case: you can correct it already, if it is wrong, but don't reupload yet. Let's wait till I listened to it all, in case there are other corrections. If you have to correct it, only re-record that one part of the sentence. No need to re-record the whole text again ! Just a "spot correction" is enough. Maybe those two words, or the whole sentence, if you prefer that. Not more.

Ok, now I need to rest, but I will try to check the second page tomorrow. At this rate I can finish the first story in 4 days :)

We will manage somehow. Don't worry. And maybe some kind Russian will help me out one day.

Sonia
You've done a great job! I`m surprised and impressed. I listened to the piece you said. "п" does not sound very clear and a little lost, although I can easily understand the word correctly. But I can assume that for a person unfamiliar with the language, it may sound incomprehensible. But it "пуще всего", not "ойще". I can re-record this moment by trying to pronounce "п" more clearly.
Airyssa

Post by Airyssa »

Kitty wrote: November 7th, 2018, 3:37 am
all correct, there "трогают".
Kitty wrote: November 7th, 2018, 3:37 am > at 6:54: (p. 2 bottom) “ибо лучше” – I don’t hear the ‘л’ here, only “ибоучше”
i hear "л" :roll:
Kitty wrote: November 7th, 2018, 3:37 am > at 6:57: (p. 2 bottom) “желудкомъ” – I hear “жевудкомъ”
Sonia
I can't hear the mistake.
May be we need someone else, to hear this points?
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Airyssa wrote: November 9th, 2018, 4:09 pm I can't hear the mistake.
May be we need someone else, to hear this points?
no it's alright, if you tell me you said the correct words in all these places, it's fine. I told you, it was very difficult for me to listen to all this. It took me over 5 hours to listen to a text of 16 minutes, so that was way too much time to spend on this too. We definitely need a native speaker to correct the next sections, but I wanted to give you feedback on the first section at least.

So you don't have to correct any sentences, but please decrease the volume by -3 and reupload with the same file-name, then the old file gets replaced by the new one.

Thank you

Sonia
Luckyaelita

Post by Luckyaelita »

Hello to everybody on this forum,
Sonia, and Lika,

I'm a native Russian speaker and I'll be the PL with pleasure :) The author of the book is familiar to me, though I don't remember having read these tales, and find it really interesting to listen and to get acquainted with.
I have not yet a possibility to wright in Russian (no Russian keyboard), so I'm writing in English, but can read of course, Russian text, or response.

I listened the entire chapter, and this are my remarques :

page 3 of the book, line 11 from the bottom : Lika, you didn't read the "a" after the comma, but it's self evident : in such cases, the letter can, effectively, be ommited.
The only moment that I would adjust and re-record, is at the very end : the emphasis in the word "хворого". Here below I'm giving a link where you can check out the right emphasis, which must be made on the first "O" in the word, and not on the second.
https://где-ударение.рф/в-слове-хворого/

The rest of the text is very well read, no other remarques from my part.
Anna
Readings in English, French, Russian or Ukrainian.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Luckyaelita wrote: December 14th, 2018, 4:19 amI'm a native Russian speaker and I'll be the PL with pleasure :) The author of the book is familiar to me, though I don't remember having read these tales, and find it really interesting to listen and to get acquainted with.
wonderful, Anna :9: welcome aboard. I'm so glad you can help out here.
page 3 of the book, line 11 from the bottom : Lika, you didn't read the "a" after the comma, but it's self evident : in such cases, the letter can, effectively, be ommited.
all right, if it doesn't change the meaning at all, like you say, there is no need to correct it. But thank you for noting it
The only moment that I would adjust and re-record, is at the very end : the emphasis in the word "хворого". Here below I'm giving a link where you can check out the right emphasis, which must be made on the first "O" in the word, and not on the second.
https://где-ударение.рф/в-слове-хворого/
here is a suggestion: to make it easier to find the spot, please always make a note of the time-stamp. If you look at my notes above, you see I always say: > at 3:16: please correct..... If you don't note the time stamp, the reader, and later on you again, will have to browse through the whole recording to find the spot ;)

But thank you for checking this text. Let's now see what Lika is saying. She has been absent for some time, I hope she is ok.

Something else: as you are a new reader and DPL, I need to open your personal reader page for you. Can you let me know by what reader name you want to be registered ? It can be Luckyaelita, or your real name, as you wish. Just tell me. For example, my forum name is Kitty but my reader name is Sonia (my real name). But it's your choice.

Sonia
Luckyaelita

Post by Luckyaelita »

So, for the correction and the re-recording I'm giving to Lika the time exact : 16:04. Hoping she is going well, and soon we'll continue working on this new book.
My name as a DPL will be Anna Ellada,
Sonia, could you please give me a link on my DPL page once it is created, and explain what can I do/or should I do as a DPL, on this page? Is it only for information, or to choose then automatically the DPL when needed? Cause now it's a new function/ quality for me here :wink:
Anna
Readings in English, French, Russian or Ukrainian.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Luckyaelita wrote: December 14th, 2018, 6:54 am My name as a DPL will be Anna Ellada,
Sonia, could you please give me a link on my DPL page once it is created
yes of course, I wanted to do that anyway. Here it is: https://librivox.org/reader/12968
and explain what can I do/or should I do as a DPL, on this page? Is it only for information, or to choose then automatically the DPL when needed? Cause now it's a new function/ quality for me here :wink:
you don't have anything to do there. This is just a sort of catalogue for all the projects you will be involved in. On the first page you will see all your projects in which you have read at least one section. So naturally this is empty for the moment, but soon you will have the Compilation de poèmes on there. ;)

If you click on "Reader section details" you will see two folders:

under Reader View you will see all the sections you have claimed and still have to read, or which have PL notes. Also, nothing here yet.

under PL view you will see all the projects you are DPL for. And there you see the Сказки right now. :D You see which sections are Ready for PL or have PL notes or are PL ok. So you can always check your personal reader page to see what you still have to do. You will never forget any of your sections, because it is all listed there.

And if you want to advertise to friends and family what you are doing here, you can send them the link and they can click on all the projects you are doing. :) To show what my reader page looks like, here are a few more projects already, so you can see how interesting it is to look at :9: https://librivox.org/reader/10179

Sonia
Airyssa

Post by Airyssa »

Thank you all! I`m here and I continue working! Sorry for this great break :oops:. I`ll correct first part soon. Now prepearing 2 section.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Airyssa wrote: January 28th, 2019, 12:31 pm Thank you all! I`m here and I continue working! Sorry for this great break :oops:. I`ll correct first part soon. Now prepearing 2 section.
wonderful, welcome back.

Sonia
Airyssa

Post by Airyssa »

second section ready for PL! ))