COMPLETE Dulcamara, Selections by Howard Saxby -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
eringrassie

Post by eringrassie »

#4 A Sioux Sleep Song
(1:50)

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/dulcamara_04_saxby_128kb.mp3

Soooooooooo sleeeeeeeepy..... who knew Saxby spoke Evlish? :shock:
And verily did the chains fall off all manner of things which sorely needed chaining.
I’m ->superpsyched<- for the opportunity to join this community, learn all I can and read all I can.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Great, thank you :thumbs:
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

linny wrote: December 11th, 2018, 9:51 am Here's a question for you. I know checking specs isn't standard pl but I do like to download everything I listen to and run it through the checker. I like to do that especially for projects in short works. If I'm listening on iPad I can't check specs. If I pl without checking specs do you want to know that?
Thank you linny! I have the same problem myself. I hope someone comes up with a way to check the tech specs on tablets soon :)

I myself tend to just trust veteran readers. Things can always go wrong of course, but you are less likely to submit a stereo section after 100 recordings i think. If you cant check tech specs of newbies, thats good to know though :) thank you!
Carolin
linny

Post by linny »

Well done! I enjoy your pirate voice. PL OK.
linny

Post by linny »

Erin,
Sections 4 and 15 are PL OK. I love the character changes accounted for between these sections. Well done.

Be mindful of the opening silence. You don't want more than 1 second. 15 is a tiny bit over (01.25). Carolin will let you know if she would prefer it trimmed.
eringrassie

Post by eringrassie »

linny wrote: December 12th, 2018, 11:21 am Erin,
Sections 4 and 15 are PL OK. I love the character changes accounted for between these sections. Well done.

Be mindful of the opening silence. You don't want more than 1 second. 15 is a tiny bit over (01.25). Carolin will let you know if she would prefer it trimmed.
Thank you!! :D I'll keep the opening in check in the future and I'll just upload a new one right now so she doesn't have to worry about it. Thanks for the check.
And verily did the chains fall off all manner of things which sorely needed chaining.
I’m ->superpsyched<- for the opportunity to join this community, learn all I can and read all I can.
eringrassie

Post by eringrassie »

Hi, Carolin!

Here's #15 with .75 sec of silence at the start just in case the 1.15sec is a fuss. I'll keep better tabs on my sloppy silence in the future. :P The new time is just under 1:57

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/dulcamara_15_saxby_128kb.mp3

Also, I'd love to do When Falls the Rain #17 - might take a week or so.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you both so much :thumbs:

You wouldn't have needed to trim the silence for a quarter second, but thank you for doing so anyway :) and thank you linny for helping out :9:
Carolin
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

Hello,

Can I claim section 14?
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you!
Carolin
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you!
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

i listened to section 14 and i have a pl note for you:
at ca 7.15 there is a mistake that was not edited out
throughout the recording, your voice catches sometimes between words when you, im not sure but maybe you swallow? this is just optional of course but it might be good to keep an eye on this and just repeat the sentence when this happens :) thank you!
Carolin
eringrassie

Post by eringrassie »

Well, cram. My daughter noticed a missed word in "liquor is as nothing". I'm leaving for AZ in an hour. I'll get "When Falls the Rain" posted on Monday. So sorry for the delay! - Erin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you erin :)
Carolin