[COMPLETE] State of the Union Addresses 1861-1868 - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
linny

Post by linny »

I'm sorry to have worried you. It certainly was unlike me. I'm feeling strong and back to my old self.

Section 4 is PL OK!

Powerful section. Very detailed but still moving. Wonderful reading. Thank you.
5Tommy00

Post by 5Tommy00 »

Can someone please take my Andrew Johnson December 3, 1867 that ends "it gives me great pleasure...." I fell on the ice and broke my shoulder so it's hard for me to do much at this time. I would appreciate it. Thank you.
linny

Post by linny »

5Tommy00 wrote: December 6th, 2018, 3:56 pm Can someone please take my Andrew Johnson December 3, 1867 that ends "it gives me great pleasure...." I fell on the ice and broke my shoulder so it's hard for me to do much at this time. I would appreciate it. Thank you.
Oh, no! I'm so sorry. I hope your recovery goes well. I look forward to seeing you on another project when you feel better.
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

linny

Post by linny »

Hi Brad,
I'm sorry but this upload is the same file as the original. None of the corrections have been saved.

Please change the section number to _02_ prior to the next upload. Thank you. :)
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

Hmm, very odd. I was sure I saved them. I just double checked and you're right. I'm not sure what happened. Oh well, I'll get back to it in a few days since I'm busy right now. Well, that's embarrassing. lol

Brad
tparker

Post by tparker »

I volunteer for 1867 (AJ), parts 1 and 2.

Tom Parker
linny

Post by linny »

Thank you, Tom. It's good to have you join us. The language can be a bit tricky and the readings are long so let me know if you have questions along the way. :thumbs:
tparker

Post by tparker »

You're welcome. Looking forward to diving in.

How do I handle quotation marks?
linny

Post by linny »

tparker wrote: December 10th, 2018, 7:14 pm You're welcome. Looking forward to diving in.

How do I handle quotation marks?
Folks handle them differently. Some read "quote" "end quote". Others ignore that it's a quote and just read the words.
BeauWood

Post by BeauWood »

Hi Linny,

First, I want to thank you for all you are involved with here in the LibriVox community. Many of us can’t spend as much time as we would prefer so I greatly appreciate those like yourself who make such significant contributions to the community. And a special thanks for your work as a DPL. We readers are in your debt.

Here is the link for "Section 3 of State of the Union Addresses by United States Presidents (1861 - 1868).”

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/stateoftheunion1861_1868_03_various_128kb.mp3

The length is 58:56.
Volume 89.2 dB
DC Bias +0 (+0.0000%)
Clipped Audio 0 ms (0.00%)
Background Noise 24.2 dB

Notes:

We are used to reading and listening to books.

This was a live speech. Phrasing, pauses, etc. were read as a speech rather than a book.

Pronunciations were carefully checked across multiple sources. Who uses “arbitrament” (and several other words) in daily conversation :)

FYI, Lincoln was assassinated 12 years before Edison invented the phonograph which was the first means of recording and playing back speech. While many actors have created their impersonations of Lincoln, it’s a shame we don’t have a recording of the president.

Again, my thanks, feedback is always appreciated.

Beau Wood
linny

Post by linny »

Beau,
Thank you for your kind words. I enjoy my time at LV but my contribution has not remained consistent. There were two years I don't believe I logged on a single time. It's nice to have the time now but it changes and that's one of the wonderful things about LV. Everyone does a little or a lot and eventually works make it to the catalog. You likely have 6 or more hours in on this reading. I haven't been reading much lately so my 6 hours are a lot more visible.

You did a wonderful job with this material! :thumbs:

I did however hear one word change which impacted intent.

39:14 - I invite your attention to the views of the Secretary as to the propriety of raising by appropriate legislation a revenue from the mineral lands of the United States.
I hear material

56:37 thank you for your work on this sentence :shock: - Saying specified way, it is said that reconstruction will be accepted if presented in a not said it will never be accepted in any other way.
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

Okay, let's try this again. It looks like it saved properly this time. Length is 59:22.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/stateoftheunion1861_1868_02_various_128kb.mp3

Brad
linny

Post by linny »

Brad,
Perfect! Thank you for remembering about the file name too. Section 2 is spot check PL OK. :thumbs:
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

I'd ask if you'd like me to do one of the remaining sections--but considering the issues I had doing this one I'm not sure if I should press my luck lol

Brad