wind-up mp3 player

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
kayray

Post by kayray »

This is so cool, so cool! A wind-up digital media player! And it does everything but mop the floor, too.

Eco Media Player
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Yeah, saw that the other day - very cool. They also have wind-up chargers for mobiles, etc. Might be a little more affordable than the solar-powered ones.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
magtutudlo

Post by magtutudlo »

It looks really nice, and would be convienant. However, the cost is extreemly high. You can get a top-of-the-line 30 gig MP3 player for that price and have change.
hefyd

Post by hefyd »

It does seem very expensive - a wind-up torch, which as far as I can see works on the same principles, costs only a few quid over here, and to combine it with an mp3 player shouldn't be that difficult - in fact one wind-up torch I have seen doubles as a charger for mobile phones, and with a bit of ingenuity could probably be used to power an mp3 player. Any radio with a microphone input can be used to play mp3's, but I'm still looking for a cheap, robust device which will both store and play them - haven't found one yet. hefyd
meum est propositum,in taberna mori
ut sint vina proxima,morientis ori
anon.