[COMPLETE] The Book of the Thousand Nights and a Night (Arabian Nights), Vol 10 - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Foon

Post by Foon »

Mergatroid wrote: November 29th, 2018, 3:48 pm Give me a few more days, please. I shall probably post a one minute test tomorrow. Once that's out of the way, and I've figured out the systems a bit better, it should go more smoothly. I'll be reading under the name Mergatroid Jones.
Sure, absolutely! I've added 2 weeks. (The proper deadline for the section is 2 months from claiming.)
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
Foon

Post by Foon »

Hi Paul,
I've posted my sections (11, 12, 32) in the MW for PL!
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

You've got beautifully clear diction, Foon. It's a joy to listen to you.

Section 11: I've marked as PL OK as you've specified standard level of PLing. However, if you want to get it pitch perfect, at 6:28 the text reads "Thus her coming from Cairo..." while the audio is "Thus her coming to Cairo...". Otherwise, it's superb.

Cheers,
Paul
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

Section 12: Again, PL OK at standard level. If you want it word perfect, you missed a small section (I'm assuming it meant skipping a line though the result made perfect gammatic sense!).

3:29 "repented with her. When those who..." should be "repented him of what he had done and purposed to take the Wazir's daughter, Shahrazad, to wife and let draw up the marriage-contract with her. When those who..."

Cheers,
Paul
Foon

Post by Foon »

Thanks Paul, for PLing, and for the lovely compliment! :9:
SkyRider wrote: December 1st, 2018, 2:13 pm Section 11: I've marked as PL OK as you've specified standard level of PLing. However, if you want to get it pitch perfect, at 6:28 the text reads "Thus her coming from Cairo..." while the audio is "Thus her coming to Cairo...". Otherwise, it's superb.
It seems like a very minor issue and I'm tempted to let it slide ... BUT, I don't know the first 10 nights of this story! So just in case it's strange in context (which I don't have, but a future listener will), I'll fix it! Shouldn't take me that long, so I might as well. :)
SkyRider wrote: December 1st, 2018, 2:43 pm 3:29 "repented with her. When those who..." should be "repented him of what he had done and purposed to take the Wazir's daughter, Shahrazad, to wife and let draw up the marriage-contract with her. When those who..."
Hahaha, oh dear, I must have accidentally skipped a line while reading! I do it more often (guess that's what happens with such a massive block of text!) but other times I at least notice it while reading :lol: I definitely need to fix this!

I've marked both as "See PL notes" so I don't forget.

Readers needed:
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

Section 32 - PL OK. All good. :D
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

Foon wrote: December 1st, 2018, 2:48 pm It seems like a very minor issue and I'm tempted to let it slide ... BUT, I don't know the first 10 nights of this story! So just in case it's strange in context (which I don't have, but a future listener will), I'll fix it! Shouldn't take me that long, so I might as well. :)
It's not a major plot point and the listener is likely to have forgotten the location anyway. My feeling is that it'll be more jarring to have an inserted correction where the volume, background noise etc may not be perfectly matched, but you're the boss... :D
Foon

Post by Foon »

SkyRider wrote: December 1st, 2018, 2:58 pm
Foon wrote: December 1st, 2018, 2:48 pm It seems like a very minor issue and I'm tempted to let it slide ... BUT, I don't know the first 10 nights of this story! So just in case it's strange in context (which I don't have, but a future listener will), I'll fix it! Shouldn't take me that long, so I might as well. :)
It's not a major plot point and the listener is likely to have forgotten the location anyway. My feeling is that it'll be more jarring to have an inserted correction where the volume, background noise etc may not be perfectly matched, but you're the boss... :D
How about I give it a try and let you be the judge of which one sounds better? ;) Usually I manage to match them reasonably well, but sometimes... Well, we'll see. :D

Readers needed:
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I split off Mergatroid's test recording into its own thread, here: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=72732
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Foon

Post by Foon »

TriciaG wrote: December 2nd, 2018, 7:03 am I split off Mergatroid's test recording into its own thread, here: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=72732
Thank you Tricia!

Readers needed:
MrMike79

Post by MrMike79 »

Hello! Now that I've Finished the lore of precious stones sections, I was wondering if I could read nights 994, 995, and 996.

Thanks!

Mike G.
Foon

Post by Foon »

MrMike79 wrote: December 2nd, 2018, 8:16 pm Hello! Now that I've Finished the lore of precious stones sections, I was wondering if I could read nights 994, 995, and 996.

Thanks!

Mike G.
Thank you, they're all yours!
For future reference, please claim with the section numbers, that saves your BC having to figure out which ones those are ;)

Readers needed:
endlessriver

Post by endlessriver »

Hi, I'm new -- I'd like to do sections 8,9, and 10. It will be a week or so before I can submit the 1 minute test and do recordings (currently have road noise nearby, will be well located for silence later), so I hope that will be okay, I expect I should be able to do these first pretty quickly thereafter.
Foon

Post by Foon »

endlessriver wrote: December 4th, 2018, 12:07 pm Hi, I'm new -- I'd like to do sections 8,9, and 10. It will be a week or so before I can submit the 1 minute test and do recordings (currently have road noise nearby, will be well located for silence later), so I hope that will be okay, I expect I should be able to do these first pretty quickly thereafter.
Hi! Welcome aboard! :clap:

I see that you already know about the 1-minute test, great. It's really helpful to do, in case there are any settings that need changing, etc.
Before I can properly assign these sections to you, I'll need to know under what name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LV catalog. We can also link to a personal website or blog, if you'd like.
I'll reserve these sections for you for now, and I'll try to keep an eye out for your 1-minute test!

Cheers,
Foon

Readers needed:
endlessriver

Post by endlessriver »

I think "endlessriver" will be fine for the catalogue for now.

Just looking ahead to some pronunciation questions -- am I interpreting these names more or less properly, and is there a pronunciation guide for the project? Just want to make sure I'm not way off .
Abú al-Sa'ádát, -- would this be pronounced as al - sah-ahdaht
Ma'aruf, -- mah - ahroof
Ikhtiyan al-Khatan - ick-tea-ahn