Open Access Publications

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
Foon

Post by Foon »

I came across a book on PG, which was published in 1952; it has a disclaimer at the start:

Poems of Yes and No, was originally published in 1952 by Editorial Jus in Mexico City, and is now out-of-print. The author's literary executor, Steven James Bartlett, has decided to make the book available as an open access publication, freely available to readers through Project Gutenberg under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-NoDerivs license, which allows anyone to distribute this work without changes to its content, provided that both the author and the original URL from which this work was obtained are mentioned, that the contents of this work are not used for commercial purposes or profit, and that this work will not be used without the copyright holder's written permission in derivative works (i.e., you may not alter, transform, or build upon this work without such permission). The full legal statement of this license may be found at:

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/legalcode

Can this work be read for LV? Generally if something's on PG, it's fine, but I just wanted to make sure.
The book can be found here: http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/58080
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

I'm afraid not. The Creative Commons licence that it's released under explicitly forbids commercial use or profit. Anything we release is absolutely public domain, which means that anyone can use it in any way they choose.

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

PG has a number of books still under copyright, you can always check the Bibrec tag - in this case, it says it is copyrighted.

Anne
Foon

Post by Foon »

Fair enough! Thought it was worth checking. Thanks!
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Epachuko

Post by Epachuko »

Muy Buenas Sonia!!

Quería consultarte una cosa acerca de un libro que he visto en google books y parece que cumple los requisitos de copyright... son cuentos hispanoamericanos. Son muy cortitos y vienen de varios países, así que me gustaría proponerlo como proyecto colaborativo, sería muy bonito si cada cuento fuese leído por voluntarios con el acento nativo del país de origen del cuento jeje.

Aquí dejo en enlace (nunca he utilizado google books como fuente para proyectos...)

https://books.google.es/books?id=CXgBAAAAYAAJ&ie=ISO-8859-1&redir_esc=y

¿Podríamos utilizar esta fuente y proponer el proyecto?

Un abrazote
Grabaciones de Epachuko
Colabora leyendo secciones en español con nosotros en el foro Readers Wanted Languages other than English Recuerdos de mi vida (Ramón y Cajal) El Periquillo Sarniento- Cuentos valencianos - Primer romancero gitano
Epachuko

Post by Epachuko »

Kitty wrote:Ola Epachuko :)

I write in English, because I don't speak Spanish enough for correct grammar ;) But I understood everything you asked.

Ok, I cannot open the google book to look for the copyright, but I found the same book on archive.org:

https://archive.org/details/cuentoshispanoa00turrgoog/page/n7

it's always best to check on archive if you find the book, it's much more easy to access for everybody and you see the whole scan.

So yes, the copyright 1921 is fine, but like with your current solo, you need to check the authors' death dates. For many European readers they need to be dead for more than 70 years. I don't know the copyright rights for countries in South America though. People need to check that.

So you want to launch a group solo ? This archive scan at least you can use. :) Do you know readers from each of these countries ? Otherwise it might be difficult to find some ;)

I even found a few more books by this same author, all short Spanish texts, and I think they are also published before 1923 :)

https://archive.org/search.php?query=creator%3A%22Charles+Alfred+Turrell%22

Hope this helps. Have a nice day

Sonia
Grabaciones de Epachuko
Colabora leyendo secciones en español con nosotros en el foro Readers Wanted Languages other than English Recuerdos de mi vida (Ramón y Cajal) El Periquillo Sarniento- Cuentos valencianos - Primer romancero gitano
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Foon wrote: October 20th, 2018, 9:23 am Fair enough! Thought it was worth checking. Thanks!
Yup, technically LV only does stuff in the PD... Just sayin'. I know your question is already resolved :D
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
Foon

Post by Foon »

JayKitty76 wrote: November 29th, 2018, 4:01 pm
Foon wrote: October 20th, 2018, 9:23 am Fair enough! Thought it was worth checking. Thanks!
Yup, technically LV only does stuff in the PD... Just sayin'. I know your question is already resolved :D
Yes, I know. No need to post again and bump this thread up if the question has already been answered conclusively. ;)

Readers needed: