[COMPLETE] Dialogo dei massimi sistemi by Galilei - availle

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ferdinand

Post by ferdinand »

Yes ok
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Fine, thank you, Sonia. :)
Ok, no roles, for the rest let's look...
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Now, working hard on sectioning this little monster into chew-able bits ;) It may still take a while but I think there's nothing to say against already claiming the first sections if you like. Sorry that we can't do roles here, I'd love to do that but as the first part is already done and it would be a bit too much I had to that.

There are some footnotes; please read them; fill them in where you are comfortable with them to be (maybe at the end of the sentence or paragraph).

@Ava, could you please change the "abandoned" in the title of this thread? Poor Galileo has found new parents, so it doesn't fit any more ;) Thank you :) Oh, and when you are just working on it, I think this should be changed, too:
IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project will be opened up to a group project as soon as a Book Coordinator can be found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to have it re-instated).
And maybe the header for the Introduzione fixed to bold, the first tag is missing.
Thank you so much :)
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

It just occured to me that vito read the introduzione different from what is written. This is was is in the first post:
(Introduzione)[/b]

"Capitolo [numero] di Dialogo dei massimi sistemi. - Questa è una registrazione Librivox. Tutte le regisrazioni Librivox sono di dominio pubblico. Per maggiori informazioni o per diventare volontari visistate il sito: librivox PUNTO org"
Se vuoi, puoi dire:
"Registrazione di [il tuo nome]"
Poi devi dire:
"Dialogo dei massimi sistemi, di Galileo Galilei. [Tradotto da [Traduttore]]. [Capitolo]"
And he reads:

"Titolo/titel di Dialogo dei massimi sistemi. - Questa è una registrazione Librivox. Tutte le regisrazioni Librivox sono di dominio pubblico. Per maggiori informazioni o per diventare volontari visistate il sito: librivox PUNTO org"
Se vuoi, puoi dire:
"Registrazione di [il tuo nome]"
Poi devi dire:
"Dialogo dei massimi sistemi, di Galileo Galilei. Titolo/Titel"
which is totally fine with me. Should we keep that?
now beeing quiet again as I am starving and need some lunch ;)
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

I've adjusted the first post and included the ~ to attract a DPL. Not sure you'd want to do that yourself.

I don't mind the intro at all, but then again: I don't speak Italian. :lol:

At the end of the project, it would be nice to have a summary in Italian. I would like to keep Vito's English one as well, it's nice to know what a foreign book is about, I think.
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Availle wrote: November 23rd, 2018, 3:34 am I've adjusted the first post and included the ~ to attract a DPL
It's looking wonderful! :thumbs:
Availle wrote: November 23rd, 2018, 3:34 am Not sure you'd want to do that yourself.
Well, it's not a matter of wanting - I can't. :oops:

Well, I don't speak Italian too well, but it sounds reasonable to me what he did :)

I'll think about the summary, I bet I have a lot of time until the end of the project :lol:
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

This is in book suggestions. Should it be at least moved to the Launch Pad?
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

We're still discussing behind the scenes. Best not to muddle the waters with claims just yet.
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

It is still a lot of work to do. As long as I can work on it I don't really mind where it is at the moment :)
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

OK. :) I'll mind my own business and let you two competent people do your own work. 8-)
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

Can I be assigned section7 "Giornata prima, parte sesta"?
i would like to start with a not too long section :wink:
Pier
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Iunta4Ios wrote: February 10th, 2019, 8:24 am Can I be assigned section7 "Giornata prima, parte sesta"?
All your's, thank you so much :9:
Iunta4Ios wrote: February 10th, 2019, 8:24 am i would like to start with a not too long section :wink:
I can understand you perfectly well ;)
As this project is not even on the launchpad, I won't note a claimed at date yet and thus for the moment there is no deadline, so take all the time you need until I write otherwise ;)
I hope to get done more at about next week. I try to get sections not too large, but I don't want to have too much of them either; I tried to get them at about the size Vito started out with.
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

I uploaded sec.7 “Giornata prima, parte sesta”
https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/dialogomassimisistemi_07_galilei_128kb.mp3
(17:48 minutes)
Just a note. I read the abbreviations e.c. as “eccetera” do you agree?
Pier
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Iunta4Ios wrote: February 14th, 2019, 4:40 am I uploaded sec.7 “Giornata prima, parte sesta”
oups, you're fast! :shock: The project is not even in the launchpad :lol: Thank you very much; I'll listen to it asap (that might be a while, I didn't even manage to edit my Alice yet :roll:). For the etc. I'll answer after listening :)
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

moniaqua wrote: February 14th, 2019, 1:29 pm

oups, you're fast! :shock: The project is not even in the launchpad :lol: Thank you very much; I'll listen to it asap (that might be a while, I didn't even manage to edit my Alice yet :roll:). For the etc. I'll answer after listening :)
Don't worry: I just wanted to try how I felt reading Galileo. I actually enjoyed reading it :D (at least this part without formulas)
Pier