COMPLETE [DR] Railway Children, E. Nesbit - dlo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
GRuss

Post by GRuss »

Hello,

Navigated here form the Orphaned parts topic, I'd like to take on the part of Dr Forrest if it's still open? I'm from the UK so it would be a male British accent if this would be suitable?

Kind Regards

Graham
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

British male voice would be ideal! Not sure how familiar you are with the book, but it is set in England.

I think this is your first dramatic reading, so please remember to give me a voice credit saying "Dr Forrest read by.." and then give me the name you plan to use for recording on Librivox - this can be your real name, your username or something else but you can't change it once you read it into the audio files.

Then use the scripts to read all the yellow highlighter bits - a separate file for each chapter please. Since this is a role in a larger chapter, you don't need to read the Librivox disclaimer or intro or "end of chapter 3" or anything - the narrator does that on behalf of all of us!

Post here if you have any questions!
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

Beth, in Chapter Nine there's another bit where you might want to change the speaker. To me, it sounds grammatically as if it's the narrator speaking the underlined bit, but I've left a gap in the recording in case you want to leave it with the old lady speaking.
So they went. The old lady at the Post-office said she didn’t see why Perks should have a birthday any more than anyone else.
Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

If you don't mind my two cents, maybe divide the line like this:
The old lady at the Post-office said she didn’t see why Perks should have a birthday any more than anyone else.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

I think I like Devorah's version best! Would you mind doing it like that please Peter? I'll adjust the script.
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

That's fine;I'll do that.
Peter
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Elizabby wrote: November 13th, 2018, 10:01 pm Thanks Hannah, Chapter 4 is now PL OK!

However, there is also one new line for Bobbie in the otherwise PL OK Chapter 5 which is the "said his English" line right at the start of the chapter. This is my fault, as I've changed the allocation of the speaker. If you can add it in to Chapter 5 that would be ideal, or the start of any other chapter you happen to be recording with a note on it - sorry!
Do you mean the "said his English" line near the beginning of chapter 7? I did record that (still to be edited), but I can't find that line in chapter 5.
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Blog: Come Be Still
IG: @storytime.with.hannahmary
Readers needed for:
A Rough Shaking by George MacDonald
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Sorry, I must be mixed up - yes I was referring to the "said his English" line - for some reason I was thinking it was in an already recorded chapter!

Chapter 5 is PL OK, you are fine to keep going!
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Elizabby wrote: November 17th, 2018, 1:08 pm Sorry, I must be mixed up - yes I was referring to the "said his English" line - for some reason I was thinking it was in an already recorded chapter!

Chapter 5 is PL OK, you are fine to keep going!
Great! Here is chapter 6 for Bobbie. 2:40
https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/railwaychildren_06_bobbie.mp3
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Blog: Come Be Still
IG: @storytime.with.hannahmary
Readers needed for:
A Rough Shaking by George MacDonald
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

Here's the narrator for chapter nine: https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/railwaychildren_09_narrator.mp3

(19.41)

I was dreading that one; that painful scene between Perks and the children was my strongest memory from seeing the film in the seventies.

Peter
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

I've never seen the movie, but I think my library has it.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

HannahMary wrote: November 17th, 2018, 7:25 pm Great! Here is chapter 6 for Bobbie. 2:40
https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/railwaychildren_06_bobbie.mp3
PL OK! Lovely breathless reading of the stopping of the train! :9:
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks David! Just one PL note for Ch 4 of Bill the Engine Driver:

The second line should be "DARING little piece, I call her" (you've said "Darling" which isn't what they are getting at here!)

And in Ch 6 I was hoping for some group lines, yours is "prompt action", just in at the end please.

Oldest Workingman was PL OK! :thumbs:
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

Section 4 edited...
https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/railwaychildren_04_enginedriver.mp3

and section 6..
https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/railwaychildren_06_enginedriver.mp3

I did 5, 6 & 11 in one track, must have lost the 'group lines' in the shuffle. :hmm:
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!