[COMPLETE][Solo]The Wild Irishman by: T.W.H. Crosland - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

everything ok, Thomas ? There is no hurry in a Solo, of course, but could you give us some status updates from time to time please, so we know you are still working on this ? Posting in here at least once every couple of months would be helpful already :)

And don't hesitate to ask, if you encountered any sort of problems.

Sonia
GypsySon

Post by GypsySon »

Hey kitty! im back:) Whew what a couple months. relocated, surgery, health stuff, and lots of excuses. One less gallbladder! anyhow. Im recovering well and just today got my studio set up at the new spot. Ready to dig in. sorry about the M.I.A
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

wow, welcome back, and good to know you came out well of surgery. Glad to hear you're still up for this :thumbs:

Take your time, it's your solo, there's not rush. We only ask for a sign of life from time to time ;)

Sonia
GypsySon

Post by GypsySon »

Haha! No problem. Can do. Glad to be back.
GypsySon

Post by GypsySon »

Im Back! So, the next 2 portions you will get were recorded at my old space. Starting at section 3 it might sound a bit different, but should be consistent from there on out. Looking forward to gettin back to it!

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/wildirishman_01_crosland_128kb.mp3 10:05
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

GypsySon wrote: November 25th, 2018, 11:16 am Im Back! So, the next 2 portions you will get were recorded at my old space. Starting at section 3 it might sound a bit different, but should be consistent from there on out. Looking forward to gettin back to it!

great. Could you also please put the link and length of the file in the MW, and toggle the status to Ready for PL ? Normally the BC (=soloist) does that. Do you know how to access the MW ?

Sonia
GypsySon

Post by GypsySon »

Kitty wrote: November 25th, 2018, 11:22 am
GypsySon wrote: November 25th, 2018, 11:16 am Im Back! So, the next 2 portions you will get were recorded at my old space. Starting at section 3 it might sound a bit different, but should be consistent from there on out. Looking forward to gettin back to it!

great. Could you also please put the link and length of the file in the MW, and toggle the status to Ready for PL ? Normally the BC (=soloist) does that. Do you know how to access the MW ?

Sonia
Got it
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

GypsySon wrote: November 25th, 2018, 11:35 am Got it
:thumbs: all clear now. Now we only have to wait for Terry to hop in to PL :)

Sonia
GypsySon

Post by GypsySon »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

I haven't heard any news from Terry in a while. I hope she is ok :(

Well, I didn't want to let you wait too long for feedback, Thomas, so I just had a listen to the two chapters myself. Very beautifully read and especially the chapter on the shillelagh was highly interesting. 8-)

I have a few errors to note though. Could you please record the missing sentences and paste them in the correct spots ? There is no need to re-record the whole thing ! Just those few sentences, please:

PL notes for Chapter 1:

> at 0:06: you did not do the required intro disclaimer as stated in the first post. Please add the underlined sentence: Chapter 1 of The Wild Irishman by Thomas William Hodgson (T.W.H.) Crosland. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain.

> at 9:51: "All three are ineradicable" – you say “ineractable”, which is not the same thing. I don't even know whether this word exists :?

PL notes for Chapter 2:

> at 3:33: quite a few lines are missing here: “I rode out again to-day for the first time, to see the fair at Donnybrook, near Dublin, which is a kind of popular festival. Nothing, indeed, can be more national! The poverty, the dirt, and the wild tumult were as great as the glee and merriment with which the cheapest pleasures were enjoyed. I saw things eaten and drunk with delight, which forced me to turn my head quickly away, to remain master of my disgust. Heat and dust, crowd and stench made it impossible to stay long; but these do not annoy the natives. There were many hundred tents, all ragged, like the people, and adorned with tawdry rags instead of flags;”

> at 7:57: you forgot the chapter number at the end: “End of Chapter 2

Good job so far, keep them coming :) And if we don't hear back from Terry, I may stay on as DPL myself.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

everything going well, Thomas ? You didn't react to my PL notes at all, so I hope all is well health-wise. :?

Also, still no news from Terry, so I think I'll remove her from the DPL duties and put myself in.

I hope to hear from you soon, so I'll know this project is not forgotten. ;)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

just wanted to check up on you, Thomas. Is everything ok and are you still interested in the project ? :hmm: Just let me know a short update please.

Thanks

Sonia
GypsySon

Post by GypsySon »

Hey there! so, lots of changes here. Again so sorry i havent kept you posted. in a new place. got an awesome booth set up. Im working a series right now, which doesnt leave room for The Wild Irishman currently. However, I am working with a client currently who is interested in narration, and i am guiding her to Librivox to get the feel, so i will be more active here for a bit. I love the project, and i would love to keep it reserved, only if noone is interested in it. If someone else wants to take it on, they are welcome to it. Otherwise, keep me on for it if you could. I love the irony of me as an Irishman, reading something so incredibly racist. its an incredible view of the English perspective of the Irish, and appropriately pretentious. I love it. how are you? and word from our counterpart?
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hey ! thank you for letting me know some updates. 8-)
GypsySon wrote: May 20th, 2019, 4:07 pmIm working a series right now, which doesnt leave room for The Wild Irishman currently.
I understand that real life can get in the way ;) what series is that ? audiobooks too ?
However, I am working with a client currently who is interested in narration, and i am guiding her to Librivox to get the feel, so i will be more active here for a bit.
hehe, great, you're making some good promotion for our site. :thumbs:
I love the project, and i would love to keep it reserved, only if noone is interested in it. If someone else wants to take it on, they are welcome to it. Otherwise, keep me on for it if you could.
as long as you post in here regularly (let's say: every two months...) with a status update, I will hold this for you and no one else will claim it, don't worry.
I love the irony of me as an Irishman, reading something so incredibly racist. its an incredible view of the English perspective of the Irish, and appropriately pretentious. I love it.
:lol: it's great that you can appreciate self-humour. And yes, it's probably fun to do such projects.
how are you? and word from our counterpart?
do you mean Terry ? no unfortunately I never heard back from her again. :( I hope she is all right.
As for me, I'm good, nothing to worry about.

Good luck with your series project and I hope you'll have time for LV soon enough :)

Sonia
GypsySon

Post by GypsySon »

The series im narrating now is called Resurrected Destiny. Part One is available now. https://www.audible.com/search?keywords=Resurrected+Destiny&ref=a_hp_t1_header_search

He picked me up to do the prequel as well, that is what im working on now. Bummer about Terry, hope all is well.