COMPLETE Stories without Tears by Barry Pain -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Nah i do nope i will have caught up well before. Thank you!
Carolin
sazjasears

Post by sazjasears »

My computer is on the fritz lately. :oops: I think someone else will have to take section 1. I wont be able to complete it until I get a new computer. Sorry!
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you for letting us know! I hope we will see you soon again on another project :D
Carolin
MagnificentOne

Post by MagnificentOne »

Hi Carolin,

I've completed and uploaded my assigned section 22 recording "the Celestial's editorship" just now with a time of 28:27 and ready for proof listening.

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/storieswithouttears_22_pain_128kb.mp3

Thank you very much in advance for your efforts.

Siyami Aktan
izmir, Turkey
Last edited by MagnificentOne on November 18th, 2018, 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PeterBlock

Post by PeterBlock »

Hello! Newbie Peter here. This is my first post anywhere in the Librivox forums.

I'd like to claim Part #9, "The Boy and the Pessimist." This will be my first reading for Librivox. I'm confident my home studio meets the technical requirements, but I'll do a one-minute test first just to be absolutely certain there are no problems. I have two commentary podcasts I record in this studio, so it's broken in.

Where do I get the text to read? Do I need to find it online somewhere, or will it be provided by the book coordinator? Sorry if this question is answered somewhere; I don't see it.

Peter Block
The Story of a Movie is a "making-of" featurette for your ears.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you siyami!
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

PeterBlock wrote: November 18th, 2018, 4:52 pm Hello! Newbie Peter here. This is my first post anywhere in the Librivox forums.
Hi peter, welcome to librivox!

You are welcome to participate in this project. To be able to sign you up, i need to know under which name or pseudonym you would like to appear in the catalog. We can also link to your personal website or blog. Please also complete the one minute test before getting started :thumbs: we can only use recordings of a certain format (mono, 128kb, etc), so even if you havd experience in recording, doing the test is a good idea :)

You can find all relevant info in the first post of this project thread. It contains the text link, the right intro and outro, and other relevant information. Thank you!
Carolin
PeterBlock

Post by PeterBlock »

Carolin,

Thanks! I see the text now.

My website is peterblock.net and I'll be using the name Peter Block.

I will definitely do the one-minute recording test, probably on Tuesday, and I expect to have the story recorded and uploaded by the end of this week.

Thanks for your help and for letting me join this project!

Peter
MagnificentOne

Post by MagnificentOne »

Hi Carolin,

Please be advised that I re-uploaded my section 22, The Celestial's Editorship again with the time 28:29, because I noticed today that my primary recording level was way over the required db values so I used Mp3 gain tool to normalize it then used the checker software to verify it.
It's now all good to go and ready for proof listening.Sorry for the inconvenience.

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/storieswithouttears_22_pain_128kb.mp3 time 28:29

Thank you

Siyami Aktan
Last edited by MagnificentOne on November 19th, 2018, 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you siyami!
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

PeterBlock wrote: November 19th, 2018, 12:04 am My website is peterblock.net and I'll be using the name Peter Block.
Thank you peter! I have signed you up, your personal catalog page is here https://librivox.org/reader/12927

I didnt add your website yet, i got redirected when i tried to access it so could you verify that this address is still right? I can add it later :)
Carolin
PeterBlock

Post by PeterBlock »

I didnt add your website yet, i got redirected when i tried to access it so could you verify that this address is still right? I can add it later
Carolin,

My website peterblock.net isn't up yet, but I hold the domain. I gave you the URL I'd want if I have to tell you now one URL once and for all that won't change.

But on reflection, it occurs to me that you might not mind changing it when I get peterblock.net online. If you don't mind updating the information later, can we put in storyofamovie.com now? That's the website for one of my podcasts.

Thanks for your help.

Peter
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you peter, that website is now linked on your catalog page https://librivox.org/reader/12927

It is no problem for any admin to change your website again later on, so let us know when the other us live :thumbs:
Carolin
queenk8

Post by queenk8 »

May I claim the last remaining chapter? It's chapter 1, "Great Possessions"
Kate Follis
I love to read, AND my employer matches my volunteer hours with a donation to the Internet Archive, flagged to benefit Librivox.org. How cool is that?
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you so much kate!
Carolin