[COMPLETE][Portuguese]Contos Phantasticos - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 10374
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » November 14th, 2018, 7:43 am

brianna wrote:
November 14th, 2018, 5:48 am
In fact, during the Jurrasic era [...]
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Leni
=================

Come read about flowers and plants in Pliny's Natural History! :D

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17952
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » November 14th, 2018, 9:39 am

Leni wrote:
November 14th, 2018, 7:43 am
brianna wrote:
November 14th, 2018, 5:48 am
In fact, during the Jurrasic era [...]
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
that made me laugh too :mrgreen: :thumbs:

Sonia

brianna
Posts: 217
Joined: September 26th, 2017, 9:26 am

Post by brianna » November 14th, 2018, 10:02 am

Sonia,

here's section 2, after half na hour trying to upload it!
hope the 5 secds are there.


https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/contosphantasticos_02_braga_128kb.mp3 @20.52

crossing my fingers,
Bri5sec
Men work together,whether they work together or apart. (R.Frost)

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17952
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » November 14th, 2018, 10:05 am

brianna wrote:
November 14th, 2018, 10:02 am
here's section 2, after half na hour trying to upload it!
hope the 5 secds are there.
:lol: the infamous 5 seconds....

thank you for this quick turnaround. But this time we'll have another DPL. Pier has agreed to take the job for this project. He will be thrilled to see he has his first job already.

I will update the MW for now.

What was wrong with the upload ? :hmm:

Sonia

Iunta4Ios
Posts: 247
Joined: April 6th, 2018, 2:31 am
Location: Solar system, third planet from the sun, Italy
Contact:

Post by Iunta4Ios » November 15th, 2018, 5:38 am

brianna wrote:
November 13th, 2018, 7:42 am
hi!

May I claim section 2 - o véo?

thank you,

Brianna
I really appreciated your reading made in a nice Portuguese with a very good expressiveness. :9:
I noticed anyway a few points where it seems to me you are not completely respecting the original text, slightly changing a small word or not pronouncing it.

Anyway, I think the general meaning of the text is not really changed, so it is up to you to modify or not these points.
Please have anyway a look at these points and check them. I would leave to you the choice if modify some of them or not, based on your sensibility of the Portuguese language: it is quite possible that in some of these points I am not hearing well and you are correct anyway (my mother language is Italian and so I can miss some “shades” of your pronunciation).
The points I suggest you to listen at are:
:48 na sua obra : “sua” is missing
2:52 Já não nos temiamos: I cannot really hear “nos”
3:08 Não sei se era amor, : It seems to me you say “Não sei se por amor,
3:16 não sei em que gráo,, I hear “não sei de que gráo,
15: 46 annos mais, depois de te encontrar nos braços de outras « te » is missing
18:57 «Eram decorridos já tres dias, não se vira mais o corpo de Branca; I have the impression you say : “Eram decorridos já tres dias, e não se vira mais do corpo de Branca; “
20:10 recatal-a no seu manto de trévas. I think I hear: “recatal-a no seu manto das trévas”

Apart from that the final 5 s silence are missing as the initial 0,5 s. Could you correct it? Thanks,

I did notice some noises in the recording, con you guess any reason for it? Perhaps I can give you some tips on this point, if you like.
Pier

brianna
Posts: 217
Joined: September 26th, 2017, 9:26 am

Post by brianna » November 15th, 2018, 2:21 pm

Thank you Pier!
did notice some noises in the recording, con you guess any reason for it? Perhaps I can give you some tips on this point, if you like.

Please do! Noise and 5 seconds are my problems!
I will listen to it again.
Once more,
Thank you!
Brianna
Men work together,whether they work together or apart. (R.Frost)

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17952
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » November 16th, 2018, 12:27 am

brianna wrote:
November 15th, 2018, 2:21 pm
did notice some noises in the recording, con you guess any reason for it? Perhaps I can give you some tips on this point, if you like.
Brianna, I had a short listen and although it could be that you move your microphone there, I don't think that's the reason. I think many of the "plopping" noises are actually clipped plosives. If you listen again you will notice it's mostly pronounced on the p, t, k sounds and also your s is sometimes a bit hurtful to the ears because it's too hissed.

One reason for this could be that you have the microphone too close to your mouth so you "blow" straight into it and this creates sounds in the plosives especially.

A good suggestion to reduce this is putting the microphone to the side of your face, and speaking "alongside" it, not straight into it. That way the air blows past the microphone and the sounds will be less harsh.

Also to practice controlling your voice more in these plosive sounds, you could watch the Audacity waves move forward while you record a small text (the one minute test of Peter Piper is excellent because it trains the plosive sounds). You will see optically in the waves where you pop your plosives, it's a fuzzy high peak at those places. Try reading those plosive words again and again and try changing your way of saying them until you see that the fuzzy lines will disappear. It's something that will get better with practice, but you need to be aware of the problem and you can train yourself. I had trouble with the hissing s as well, and now I mastered it mostly ;) But even now, when I see one slipping into my recordings, I repeat the sentence immediately until it's better and then only use the best version.

For the 5 seconds...you know I have no explanation or remedy for that :(

Sonia

brianna
Posts: 217
Joined: September 26th, 2017, 9:26 am

Post by brianna » November 16th, 2018, 5:52 am

Thank tou so much.
I will try it.
Brianna
Men work together,whether they work together or apart. (R.Frost)

brianna
Posts: 217
Joined: September 26th, 2017, 9:26 am

Post by brianna » November 16th, 2018, 6:39 am

Sonia and Pier,
section 2 corrected!!!
hope the 5 seconds are there!


https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/contosphantasticos_02_braga_128kb.mp3

Thank you for your support and your patience,

Brianna
Men work together,whether they work together or apart. (R.Frost)

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17952
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » November 16th, 2018, 6:49 am

brianna wrote:
November 16th, 2018, 6:39 am
hope the 5 seconds are there!
could you always tell us the length of your recording, then we can see that immediately when we download ;)

Pier...since you are new to DPLing, now this second round only requires a Spot PL, you do not have to listen to the entire text again, only the time stamps that you mentioned in your PL notes.

Brianna, have you re-done all the things that Pier mentioned, or only part of the notes ? Please always say if you have left something out (or if you did something else than was noted). It will make the DPL job easier.

Sonia

Iunta4Ios
Posts: 247
Joined: April 6th, 2018, 2:31 am
Location: Solar system, third planet from the sun, Italy
Contact:

Post by Iunta4Ios » November 16th, 2018, 1:59 pm

Kitty wrote:
November 16th, 2018, 6:49 am
brianna wrote:
November 16th, 2018, 6:39 am
hope the 5 seconds are there!
could you always tell us the length of your recording, then we can see that immediately when we download ;)

Pier...since you are new to DPLing, now this second round only requires a Spot PL, you do not have to listen to the entire text again, only the time stamps that you mentioned in your PL notes.

Brianna, have you re-done all the things that Pier mentioned, or only part of the notes ? Please always say if you have left something out (or if you did something else than was noted). It will make the DPL job easier.

Sonia
Sorry I am away this weekend! :( .
I'll be back on Monday and I will be glad :D , Brianna, to listen again to your section!
Pier

Mayah92
Posts: 250
Joined: October 20th, 2016, 3:10 am

Post by Mayah92 » November 18th, 2018, 2:40 am

Hi,

Can I claim sections 18 and 3?
Carpe diem :)

Mayah92
Posts: 250
Joined: October 20th, 2016, 3:10 am

Post by Mayah92 » November 18th, 2018, 2:53 am

brianna wrote:
November 14th, 2018, 5:48 am
Sonia,

You are welcome! Glad to help.
In fact, during the Jurrasic era , I studied this book at college when we were studyind Portuguese literature. It is not a famous book, though, but for the time it was written, it was ¨something¨

Brianna
Oi BRIANNA, :)

Bom dia! Eu gostaria de te dar uma dica com relação aos "famosos" 5 segundos ao final de sua gravação. Experimente ao fim de sua frase, contar os 5 segundos em voz alta e parar o audacity quando vc chegar ao numero 5.
Por exemplo: "Fim sa seção 34" (1 - 2- 3...) ao chegar no numero 5, vc para a gravação, depois vc verifica escutando varias vezes que são exatamente 5 secs que vc obteve ao fim de sua gravação. Boa sorte e um abraço! :thumbs:
Carpe diem :)

brianna
Posts: 217
Joined: September 26th, 2017, 9:26 am

Post by brianna » November 18th, 2018, 2:08 pm

Obrigada Maya!
Ja tentei! Eles, os 5 segundos estao la,mas qdo faço o upload eles somem. Depois qdo faço novamente, eles voltam!!!
Um mistério.
Obrigada anyway
Brianna
Men work together,whether they work together or apart. (R.Frost)

brianna
Posts: 217
Joined: September 26th, 2017, 9:26 am

Post by brianna » November 18th, 2018, 2:16 pm

could you always tell us the length of your recording, then we can see that immediately when we download ;)
20.52
Pier...since you are new to DPLing, now this second round only requires a Spot PL, you do not have to listen to the entire text again, only the time stamps that you mentioned in your PL notes.

Brianna, have you re-done all the things that Pier mentioned, or only part of the notes ? Please always say if you have left something out (or if you did something else than was noted). It will make the DPL job easier.
Yeah, all the things and added the 5 seconds.
thank you!
Brianna
Men work together,whether they work together or apart. (R.Frost)

Post Reply