COMPLETE: Insect Adventures by Fabre/Zimm - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
lomond

Post by lomond »

realisticspeakers wrote: November 15th, 2018, 5:35 pm
lomond wrote: November 14th, 2018, 8:20 pm Time: 37:47 Text has "This is the golden fleece of which the mother robs herself to make the"
Reading has robes instead of robs.
Done!

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/insectadventures_13_fabre_128kb.mp3
Greetings -

Done. MW updated.

Lomond
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thanks so much, everyone! :D

We are ready for cataloguing! :clap:
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Congratulations! This book is now in the LibriVox catalog and available for listeners to download. Please check the catalog page and let me know if any changes are needed:

https://librivox.org/insect-adventures-by-jean-henri-fabre/
Jo
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Looks great to me! Lomond, since you've heard the whole thing, can you think of anything that should be added or changed in the book description?
lomond

Post by lomond »

mightyfelix wrote: November 15th, 2018, 9:50 pm Looks great to me! Lomond, since you've heard the whole thing, can you think of anything that should be added or changed in the book description?
Greetings -

Throughout the book, I was continually impressed by Fabre's observation skills. Where the description says "and gives us a close-up peep", I would add the phrase, "using his exceptional observation skills" so that it would look like " and, using his exceptional observation skills, gives us a close-up peep".

Lomond
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Sounds great to me. Jo, if you could make that one change for us, I think we can call this one officially done.
farmerafter6

Post by farmerafter6 »

mightyfelix wrote: November 14th, 2018, 10:23 pm EDIT: Actually, I've just followed my own instructions and realized I got it wrong. Under User Control Panel, go to the tab that says Board Preferences. Then under that, you should see Edit Notification Options. Sorry!

Thanks mightyfelix! I'm so used to websites auto-subscribing you to a million notifications that you DON'T want :D . Congratulations on completion of the book!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

farmerafter6 wrote: November 16th, 2018, 10:54 pm
mightyfelix wrote: November 14th, 2018, 10:23 pm EDIT: Actually, I've just followed my own instructions and realized I got it wrong. Under User Control Panel, go to the tab that says Board Preferences. Then under that, you should see Edit Notification Options. Sorry!

Thanks mightyfelix! I'm so used to websites auto-subscribing you to a million notifications that you DON'T want :D . Congratulations on completion of the book!
Well congratulations to you, too, for your first officially catalogued sections! :clap:
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

One of the first books I Pled was https://librivox.org/life-of-the-spider-the-by-j-henri-fabre/ and it was absolutely fascinating.

Anne
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

mightyfelix wrote: November 15th, 2018, 10:34 pm Sounds great to me. Jo, if you could make that one change for us, I think we can call this one officially done.
Real life interfered the last few days, but this is now done. :)
Jo