[COMPLETE] "Verses Popular and Humorous." (version 2) Henry Lawson - dlo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
arrowheadAussie

Post by arrowheadAussie »

added chapters 14 through 25. :)
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

arrowheadAussie wrote: August 28th, 2018, 5:32 pm I did go ahead and re-record chapters 0 through 11 using your recommendations along with the fact that the mic levels were pretty messed up... Thanks for the feedback, really appreciate it, and hope I didn't mess you up by doing that! :) :thumbs:
Due to a slight family emergency (all is well now) I'm just now getting to these.
Unfortunately, you left off a very important part of the outro that I outlined, "End of poem; this recording is in the public domain."
The "public domain" part is essential. So, this will need to be appended to each of the recordings and uploaded again. You can probably record it once "This recording is in the public domain" and paste it in. The Preface is fine.

I'll go ahead and PL as much as I can today, and just spot check the new files.
I'm so sorry I didn't get to these sooner.

Oh, there are three of these that are too low in volume: 5,8 and 10 come in at only 85.8 dB Our acceptable range is 86-92 dB with 89 dB our target. So, these will also need some amplification. I use the Checker program, written specifically for LibriVox. You might find it useful. You can find instructions for it here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Checker
~ Larry
arrowheadAussie

silverquill wrote: August 30th, 2018, 9:01 am
arrowheadAussie wrote: August 28th, 2018, 5:32 pm I did go ahead and re-record chapters 0 through 11 using your recommendations along with the fact that the mic levels were pretty messed up... Thanks for the feedback, really appreciate it, and hope I didn't mess you up by doing that! :) :thumbs:
Due to a slight family emergency (all is well now) I'm just now getting to these.
Unfortunately, you left off a very important part of the outro that I outlined, "End of poem; this recording is in the public domain."
The "public domain" part is essential. So, this will need to be appended to each of the recordings and uploaded again. You can probably record it once "This recording is in the public domain" and paste it in. The Preface is fine.

I'll go ahead and PL as much as I can today, and just spot check the new files.
I'm so sorry I didn't get to these sooner.

Oh, there are three of these that are too low in volume: 5,8 and 10 come in at only 85.8 dB Our acceptable range is 86-92 dB with 89 dB our target. So, these will also need some amplification. I use the Checker program, written specifically for LibriVox. You might find it useful. You can find instructions for it here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Checker

That's weird, about the volumes, I'll go ahead and amplify them, I do use Checker on all the files, but maybe I didn't check after I recorded the new intro's... I'll also go back in and add the public domain statement. I'm so happy the emergency has passed... Thanks again.
arrowheadAussie

Ok :) Hopefully this time I have them correct :) sorry for all the re-edits!!! I redid all from 0 through 25 :?
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Thank you for sticking with this!

I've been able to list through Section 15 this evening, and they are PL OK :thumbs:
No 5, does come in right at the top of the volume now at 91.9, but it is up to you if you want to amplify it down.

I've got a pretty full day tomorrow, but I'll do my best to get caught up.
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

And, we are up to date for now. All through 32, PL OK
~ Larry
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Hey ArrowheadAussi, how are things going? It's been awhile since you posted. Let us know, eh?
Peruvian owls always hunt in pairs because they are inca hoots.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Hey Arrowhead. It's been over 3 months since you posted. do you still wish to do this as a solo? If I don't hear from you in the next several weeks I will open it up as a group project. There is no rush at all by the way, just let me know you want to continue every month or so and you can take all the time you wish. Hope you are well. :D
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Moving this to Abandoned
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Moved for Lynda to see (Lmnei).
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi Maria -

I will adopt this one too however I wish to have a different DPL please. I presume it will be Helen. I will let her know of this new book replacing the other one.

Lynda
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

Lynda,

I can MC this for you.

The MW is updated to show you as the soloist.

I assume that when you say Helen for DPL you mean Hzferr, if not please let me know so I can change that.

I have also given you ownership of the first post, so you can make any edits there that you need.

I have copied the files for the previously recorded sections into my upload directory and replaced the links in the MW.

David O
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Thanks David!

Yes, that is the correct Helen :clap:

See you around!
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi Helen!

Happy Boxing Day!

Sections 33 - 42 are done except Section 37 which I somehow copied over with Section 38.... So I need to record that again!

Hope you had a fun holiday!

Lynda
HZFerr

Post by HZFerr »

Hi Lynda , Maria, & David
DPL reporting in :)

😘😚😘😚😘😚
🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸
Happy New Year
Helen

POW/MIA, we will remember them.
5/4/66 (S.V.) Malone, Jimmy M.