[COMPLETE]World's Story 5: Italy, France, Spain, Portugal - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Foon wrote: November 9th, 2018, 3:16 am Oooooh I didn't even see part 5 was launched! :shock:

Could I claim
14. Lady Capulet
59. Richelieu

and 16, 43, 65, 98?
ahhhh we have our Richelieu :9: yes I think you can pull him, Foon :thumbs: Thanks for all the claims !

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Foon

Post by Foon »

Actually could I also claim 58? :D
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Foon wrote: November 9th, 2018, 5:03 am Actually could I also claim 58? :D
certainly :) thanks

Sonia
Foon

Post by Foon »

I've had a cold, so I took advantage of my voice being a bit out of sorts to get a lower voice for Richelieu :D

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume05_060_richelieu_128kb.mp3 15:01

The other parts will come when I sound like myself again ;)
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Foon wrote: November 9th, 2018, 11:12 am I've had a cold, so I took advantage of my voice being a bit out of sorts to get a lower voice for Richelieu :D
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume05_060_richelieu_128kb.mp3 15:01
The other parts will come when I sound like myself again ;)
:lol: well you have a wonderfully roughened up voice when you are "not yourself" :mrgreen: Be careful with your vocal chords though. I can speak from experience, I once recorded some poems while I had a cold and it gave me that cool husky voice, but I felt in the end like my throat was bleeding and for some days afterwards I was nearly mute :help: One has to be careful.

But: Richelieu now is excellently depicted. And wow, he is totally different than in these Musketeer movies. Here we see his humane, loving side for his ward Julie. How sweet somehow, even though he is still the sternn statesman.

Totally PL ok. Thank you so much, this was quite a central role and you did it excellently.

Sonia
Foon

Post by Foon »

Thanks for the lovely comments (as always!), Sonia! :9:

And thanks for the advice! I completely get that. I tried recording yesterday and a few minutes in I thought to myself "NOPE, this isn't happening"... But today is a lot better already. And I still wanted to record! I try to record something every day (during the week, that is... weekend are too busy) and it's become such an integral part of my day that I really missed it while sick!!

Readers needed:
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi Kitty -

Can I please sign up for 18, 27, 48, 54, 91, 92, 96, 126?

Many thanks!

Lynda
Last edited by Lmnei on November 10th, 2018, 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

Nemo

Thoreau - “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."
BurgundyGrace

Post by BurgundyGrace »

Hello! *Smile*
May I claim
18: How the doges of Venice were chosen, from the old chronicles
and
129 How Portugal opened commerce with India (1498), by Jules Verne ?

Thank you!
~Angelique
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

BurgundyGrace wrote: November 9th, 2018, 10:55 pm Hello! *Smile*
May I claim
18: How the doges of Venice were chosen, from the old chronicles
and
129 How Portugal opened commerce with India (1498), by Jules Verne ?

Thank you!
Angelique -

I already claimed 18 above and have recorded it. Just waiting for it to be assigned so I can upload it. :)

Lynda
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Lmnei wrote: November 9th, 2018, 11:54 pm I already claimed 18 above and have recorded it. Just waiting for it to be assigned so I can upload it.
Just curious - Why do you record before the role/section is assigned to you? It happened to me before that I didn't get a section I had claimed because I had overseen some post written before or someone somehow hadn't found the thread and had gotten the claim per PN or so.
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

moniaqua wrote: November 10th, 2018, 12:07 am
Lmnei wrote: November 9th, 2018, 11:54 pm I already claimed 18 above and have recorded it. Just waiting for it to be assigned so I can upload it.
Just curious - Why do you record before the role/section is assigned to you? It happened to me before that I didn't get a section I had claimed because I had overseen some post written before or someone somehow hadn't found the thread and had gotten the claim per PN or so.
Moniqua - I check the posts for about a page prior before deciding to record so I ensured no one else had claimed it. I am going to Italy, Spain and France for a couple of weeks leaving in a few days and some of these interested me so that is also why I decided to record them early.

Generally, I do wait for things to be assigned first though :)

Lynda
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi Kitty -

Just looking at what I need to record and I saw a problem with the MW.

Section 90 should be between 91 and 92. That is the order they are in the book. The book runs -

Current 90 The defense of Champigny, by Jean Baptiste Edouard Detaille (born in Paris, 1848), painting p. 406
Current 89 One day under the Commune (1871), by John Leighton
Current 91 The soldiers dream, by Jean Baptiste Edouard Detaille (French artist, 1848), painting p. 418

Can you please let me know if you are going to change the order to the book order? Then I can change my Intro/Exit accordingly.

Lynda
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Oh a lot has happened while I was absent yesterday....need to catch up quickly:
Lmnei wrote:Can I please sign up for 18, 27, 48, 54, 91, 92, 96, 126?
yes thank you, Lynda, I sign you up. I see you took a lot of paintings, please check the second post for the special notes about how to quote paintings in the intro. Basically everything it says in the MW.
Lmnei wrote: November 10th, 2018, 2:16 pm Just looking at what I need to record and I saw a problem with the MW.

Section 90 should be between 91 and 92. That is the order they are in the book. The book runs -

Current 90 The defense of Champigny, by Jean Baptiste Edouard Detaille (born in Paris, 1848), painting p. 406
Current 89 One day under the Commune (1871), by John Leighton
Current 91 The soldiers dream, by Jean Baptiste Edouard Detaille (French artist, 1848), painting p. 418

Can you please let me know if you are going to change the order to the book order? Then I can change my Intro/Exit accordingly.
no, they are in the correct order. If you look closely, "One day under the commune" starts one page before the painting of the "defense of Champigny". That's why I also put it before the section in the MW. Just use those numbers, they are correct. Thanks for asking.
Lmnei wrote:Moniqua - I check the posts for about a page prior before deciding to record so I ensured no one else had claimed it.
you need to be careful still, Lynda. Only a few days ago I got a claim from a newbie while we discussed a project in his one-minute-test. I couldn't update the MW yet, but I had promised him the section and he was the first claimant. Sometimes I also get claims via PM. Although it is the proper way to claim in the thread of course, there may happen cases where it was previously assigned. So it's always better to wait for confirmation before recording. ;) Just to make sure the work is not done in vain.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you, Nemo, and sorry, I won't have time to check today (crazy weekend, need to log off soon again). But tomorrow, surely !

Sonia