Post by craigdav1 »

23-24 PL OK.

More..more..
simonevers

Post by simonevers »

So here it is:

Section 25 (24:23)

https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/threadofflame_25_king_128kb.mp3

- And how fitting it is that I should read this final chapter just a day or two before Armistice Day. There are many acts of remembrance in the UK at the moment, 100 years after the end of the First World War.

There are undoubtedly some aspects of the book which, with our modern tastes, are hard to take or believe. However, the overall theme is one of considerable meaning and relevance in our troubled world. And King does write very well, there is no doubt. It is a pity, I think, that he is so little known (and perhaps especially this book).

I've not decided what to do next but I hope you will continue with me, Dave, as I say!

Simon
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

25 PL OK. Finished!

I am traveling for several days...visiting friends who can no longer travel. I hope to catalog this today but my computer just decided to install updates so my apologies in advance if it takes me a few days to catalog this one. Looking forward to another and hoping I can find time to listen to this one while I'm driving this weekend. Our first snow of the season!
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-thread-of-flame-by-basil-king/

Let me know if any changes are needed. I may not be back online until tomorrow. Cataloguing went very fast today. Now to download the files.
simonevers

Post by simonevers »

Many thanks, Dave. Happy travelling!

Simon