[COMPLETE]World's Story 5: Italy, France, Spain, Portugal - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

mightyfelix wrote: November 6th, 2018, 4:21 pm My theory is that it's because Sonia is just about the nicest person you'll ever meet, so everyone is eager to work with her. :D
I will second that. Always says nice things about my recordings.
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote: November 7th, 2018, 8:42 am Section 111 revised - time now 2:43
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume05_111_tappan_128kb.mp3
thank you for stripping off a few seconds :) now PL ok. And gave me the opportunity to listen to this beautiful poem once again. 8-)

Sonia
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Section 14 - Prince

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume05_014_prince_128kb.mp3

Always nice to do a bit of the Bard even through it is quite difficult to shout angrily without overloading Audacity.
Alan
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you, Alan, will get to PLing soon !

Meanwhile I also finished the first painting of the book. (some more work for you, Jim ;) I promise I won't continue at this pace :lol: ) As with the other books, I gave the full intro disclaimer including the subtitle of the series to give a complete overview of what we're doing here.

Here's Napoleon in one of his famous battles (or rather, after the battle). Devorah, this is about Friedland, which you had to mention in your recent pep-talk to the soldiers. :mrgreen:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume05_001_tappan_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 3:00 min.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote: November 7th, 2018, 10:38 am Section 14 - Prince
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume05_014_prince_128kb.mp3
Always nice to do a bit of the Bard even through it is quite difficult to shout angrily without overloading Audacity.
hehe, well you managed quite well not to burst through the clipping barrier. :thumbs: Although I hear a bit of rustling in some parts, be careful not to move the microphone around while recording (I think that's what it was, at least). But I think I can clean that up in the editing process later on, so no worries.

The Prince is PL ok. Nice touch to call him Prince of Verona in the voice credits, I didn't know the play well enough to include the full title. :oops: You sound very regal and authoritative, exactly what a prince has to sound like if he wants people to obey his orders. 8-)

A good start into our first play. :clap:

Thank you

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Good stuff. I especially like the contrast between the madness of the adoration of the General and the regiment in subdued order marching into battle. You are as usual absolutely, positively PL OK for Section 1! :clap: :clap:
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: November 7th, 2018, 5:12 pmGood stuff. I especially like the contrast between the madness of the adoration of the General and the regiment in subdued order marching into battle. You are as usual absolutely, positively PL OK for Section 1! :clap: :clap:
thank you, Jim, and I will PL yours later on :)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

excellent chapter, Jim, a good choice :D I love such depictions of every-day life, even if it is fictionalized in a way. I must admit though, Bito's con-man trick in the end confused me a little bit. I even read that scene twice now and I feel there must be something fishy, but it's hard to see how the man got tricked. :lol:

The sections is excellently PL ok.

Only small note: be careful with the numbering of the file name. We have over 100 sections this time so you need to have 3 digits (009, in this case)

But since there are no other errors, no need to re-upload, I will change the file name later in my folder. I'll just make a note in the MW.

Thanks !

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Are you sure? I am happy to fix it. Jim
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: November 8th, 2018, 2:05 am Are you sure? I am happy to fix it. Jim
yes, yes, no problem. Also saves our already busy servers another unnecessary upload ;) Don't worry, I'll take care of it.

Thanks

Sonia
Mayah92

Post by Mayah92 »

Hi,

I would like to claim sections 39, 41 and 53. Thanks!
Let's give Peace a chance. :wink:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Mayah92 wrote: November 8th, 2018, 2:51 pm I would like to claim sections 39, 41 and 53. Thanks!
oh yes, Mayah, thank you for claiming :9: Have fun !

Sonia
Foon

Post by Foon »

Oooooh I didn't even see part 5 was launched! :shock:

Could I claim
14. Lady Capulet
59. Richelieu

and 16, 43, 65, 98?
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian