Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

mightyfelix wrote: November 6th, 2018, 9:57 am Yay! Image
I love it when people can be so happy about little things. :9:

and I see I have another section to PL now... thank you Alan

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote: November 6th, 2018, 10:34 amSection 111 - The Escurial (Time 2:48)
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume05_111_tappan_128kb.mp3
interesting poem, I love poems which simply describe a place or moment instead of narrating a whole story. It's a bit like a painting in a way. :9:

Nicely recited and textually ok, I only have a tiny note to make:

> at 1:02 / 1:31 / 2:03 / 2:33 - each time you leave over 3, once even 4 seconds of silence. This may be a personal feeling, but to me as a listener it strikes me as a bit overly long. Would you mind cutting the pause a bit down here ?

thanks

Sonia
thestorygirl

Post by thestorygirl »

Kitty wrote: November 6th, 2018, 12:46 am

they did some background research into other scans of this book online (Hathi etc) and this page was missing everywhere.
I smell a conspiracy!
:twisted:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thestorygirl wrote: November 6th, 2018, 11:36 am
Kitty wrote: November 6th, 2018, 12:46 am they did some background research into other scans of this book online (Hathi etc) and this page was missing everywhere.
I smell a conspiracy!
:twisted:
it does look like it. "The mystery of the missing page" would make a great title for a mystery-novel. :mrgreen:

With our luck they will find and add the page a day AFTER our project is done and uploaded and then it looks like we made the mistake. :lol:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and here is already one of my very short sections, so Jim has something to listen to as well :wink: (thank you, Jim, for being Deputy PL again)

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume05_002_tappan_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 2:49 min.

Sonia
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Wow, these books are VERY popular! I waited over night, and all but one of the sections I considered reading are gone! :shock:
Well, given how busy I am at the moment, this is probably a good thing. :lol:

However, could I have section 103 please, about the surrender of Granada? (lovely castle, btw!)
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Availle wrote: November 6th, 2018, 4:17 pm Wow, these books are VERY popular! I waited over night, and all but one of the sections I considered reading are gone! :shock:
My theory is that it's because Sonia is just about the nicest person you'll ever meet, so everyone is eager to work with her. :D
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

mightyfelix wrote: November 6th, 2018, 4:21 pm
Availle wrote: November 6th, 2018, 4:17 pm Wow, these books are VERY popular! I waited over night, and all but one of the sections I considered reading are gone! :shock:
My theory is that it's because Sonia is just about the nicest person you'll ever meet, so everyone is eager to work with her. :D
Yes!! .... :thumbs: :9: :clap: :D
Nemo

Thoreau - “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

I am happy to do it. In fact, I have already done it, that is, Section 2 (that catalogue of Emperors, etc.), which is very PL OK! :thumbs:
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

Nemo

Thoreau - “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

mightyfelix wrote: November 6th, 2018, 4:21 pm My theory is that it's because Sonia is just about the nicest person you'll ever meet, so everyone is eager to work with her. :D
That's for sure one of the reasons :) I think there must be a couple of more reasons, as Availle, for example, is nice, too :)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Well, given how busy I am at the moment, this is probably a good thing. :lol:
However, could I have section 103 please, about the surrender of Granada? (lovely castle, btw!)
oh yes, I've visited the Alhambra once and the trip was well worth it. Although it was a bit too hot for my taste that day.

I'm sorry all your favourite choices got snatched up already :( and yes, this initial rush on the sections was very astonishing for me too. But I can sign Granada to you at least. :D

thank you

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: November 6th, 2018, 5:56 pm I am happy to do it. In fact, I have already done it, that is, Section 2 (that catalogue of Emperors, etc.), which is very PL OK! :thumbs:
yay, thank you Jim :)

and thanks Devorah, Nemo (thanks also for your sections - will PL soon) and Monika for your nice comments. :9: I hope one of the reasons for all your continued interest is that this series has absolutely fascinating short little chapters about so many various topics from all over the places.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you, Nemo, for these two poems. I love the sensitivity with which they were read. I nearly missed the Bridge of Sighs on my trip to Venice. So much to see and the bridge was not so prominent (Rialto is much more imposing). Venice is worth a visit though, very beautiful city and since there are no cars allowed in the narrow streets, it's excellent for pedestrians. :9:

Both sections PL ok

Sonia