COMPLETE[PLAY]Trelawny of the Wells by Pinero - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Sir William Gower is in MW ready for PL.

Crusty old character.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

silverquill wrote: October 23rd, 2018, 6:46 amYep, it is one of my favorite places where all stress drains away. Particularly beautiful in the autumn with the fabled New England colors reflected on the lake. Young bear spotted sniffing around. And, of course, a blazing bonfire the last evening.
sounds all very idyllic. And I hope the food was good. :mrgreen:
As promised, here is Act III stage directions. I'm confident I got everything, but still something could have still slipped past me.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/trelawnyofthewells_stagedirection_3_128kb.mp3 30:40
thanks for the next act !! You again managed to be part of the cast in here, my absolute favourite line here was "Miss Gower, in horror" :lol: you are really conveying her horror well here.

However I found three small things to correct:

> at about 20:09: missing line: “With drooping head

> at about 22:47: missing line: “Flourishing his stick

> at 28:41: “looking up at her” – you can cut out “Rose” here. It’s Tom doing this, right after saying “Oh, Rose”. This part was badly scripted in Gutenberg

Great job, Larry. Only three small errors in a 30 minute recording, that's brilliant.

Thanks

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: October 23rd, 2018, 6:04 pm Sir William Gower is in MW ready for PL.
Crusty old character.
ah but he is wonderfully acted out, Todd :9: I love all the grumpiness and the coughing and tish'ing and "sit down!" orders. :lol: What a change in character from gay Lord Quex to Gower. I wonder what Gower would have said about Quex. ;)

Every line is in, and excellently played. Sir William is easily stealing the show here whenever he shows up.

All sections PL ok.

Thanks

Sonia
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

~ Larry
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

perfectly PL ok now,Larry, thanks !

One final act left !!!

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you, TJ. Both PL ok now. Glad to see you back :9:

Sonia
benderca

Post by benderca »

Kitty wrote: October 27th, 2018, 12:21 pm
thank you, TJ. Both PL ok now. Glad to see you back :9:

Sonia
Thanks! Good to be back! :D
AidanIrishman

Post by AidanIrishman »

I would like to read Section 8 - O'Dwyer

Aidan
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

AidanIrishman wrote: October 30th, 2018, 8:41 am I would like to read Section 8 - O'Dwyer
yay yay yay :mrgreen: You'll be genuinely Irish, how cool is that ? I sign you up.

For more info about the "special rules" for drama, please check this post: viewtopic.php?p=1513983#p1513983

Thanks, Aidan, and have fun !

Sonia
Roger

Post by Roger »

And I would truly enjoy taking on the part of ol' Ferdy (Ferdinand Gadd).

Gad, what a name! :mrgreen:
-- Roger .... pushing on the door of life marked "pull"
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Roger wrote: November 4th, 2018, 2:31 pm And I would truly enjoy taking on the part of ol' Ferdy (Ferdinand Gadd).

Gad, what a name! :mrgreen:
Thank you.

Todd
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Well, getting to the bottom of the Wells, here are the stage directions for Act IV. On my final grooming, I found just a few spacing issues, and two missed lines, so it should be in good order order.

I have both Psyche and Quex prepped to read and will work on them in short order.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/trelawnyofthewells_stagedirection_4_128kb.mp3 24:32

Oh, there was one note in Act IV, but it wasn't a stage direction and didn't seem particularly relevant, so I didn't include it, but if you want it, just let me know.
~ Larry
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

silverquill wrote: November 5th, 2018, 8:26 amWell, getting to the bottom of the Wells, here are the stage directions for Act IV. On my final grooming, I found just a few spacing issues, and two missed lines, so it should be in good order order.
Oh, there was one note in Act IV, but it wasn't a stage direction and didn't seem particularly relevant, so I didn't include it, but if you want it, just let me know.
to my shame I must admit that I didn't even notice a note :oops:

Good job yet again, and indeed I think you missed none of the lines this time :thumbs:

I only found two very small things to correct:

> at 18.08: "O'Dwyer, putting his head round the corner" – I think you say “hand” but I may be mistaken :hmm:

> at 24:21: "End of Act 4" – you say act 3 ;)

thank you, Larry, for these mega long stage directions once again. You really need to get a medal for that.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Sonia,

I have been unhappy with my recording setup since my move. Although I have very much enjoyed being able to record directly to Audacity with the new computer and a USB mic (instead of uploading every file from my handheld Sony), I have had varying sound quality: sometimes okay, sometimes echo-y in my new office space, sometimes distorted even though not clipped. This has made cutting in seamless corrections (and I still often need corrections even after 7 years here) virtually impossible.

The result has been a decreasing desire to record anything. So I have really only been editing stuff lately.

Now I am getting a Blue Yeti like you have, along with a boom and shock mount (to replace the old camera tripod and rubber bands I have been using for 6+ years). Should arrive later this week. If that works as I hope, I will be able to get all my claimed roles and sections done and start to enjoy recording again.

Thanks, Todd