COMPLETE [ESSAYS] Twentieth Century Negro Literature-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Mmemari wrote: October 15th, 2018, 8:40 am Hello,

May I record sections 23 & 24?

-Mari
Hi, Mari, welcome to this project! Certainly you may. :D Please pay close attention to the wording for the intro/outro. It is a bit different for this book than for most.

I look forward to hearing your sections!
msfry

Post by msfry »

Wow! What an undertaking! And a project of great interest to me. May I begin by claiming Section 2, please?
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

msfry wrote: October 26th, 2018, 4:46 pm Wow! What an undertaking! And a project of great interest to me. May I begin by claiming Section 2, please?
You got it! You won't see it assigned to you for at least 24 hours, though. Busy day! :D
msfry

Post by msfry »

Section 2 is uploaded.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/negroliterature_002_culp_128kb.mp3 15:36

Wasn't quite sure of the 002. Let me know if I need to change it to 02.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

No, your file name is perfect, as far as I can tell. I'll add it to the MW when I get the chance.
Mmemari

Post by Mmemari »

Hello,
:help:
I am working on recording my sections, and just would like to know if I am reading the text correctly. Within the text are lists of many names of individuals that have credentials after their names.

In my recording I just read them as I see them because I am not sure what some of the credentials stand for, for example:

The career of Bishop George Wylie Clinton, “A. M., D. D.” , Bishop Alexander Walters, “D. D” , Rev. W. H. Nelson's (M. E.)

So, I just read out the initials, is this the correct way?
-Mari
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

That's what I've done for mine, except for one or two cases where I did know the meaning already. But I wouldn't stress about trying to look each of them up and try to find the meaning if not. Reading the initials is fine.
Mmemari

Post by Mmemari »

mightyfelix wrote: November 5th, 2018, 11:58 am That's what I've done for mine, except for one or two cases where I did know the meaning already. But I wouldn't stress about trying to look each of them up and try to find the meaning if not. Reading the initials is fine.
Thanks so much!
Mmemari

Post by Mmemari »

Hello,

I just uploaded, Topic 7 1st paper: "To What Extent is the Negro Pulpit Uplifting the Race?" by Bishop George Wylie Clinton, M. A., D.D.

File name:
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/negroliterature_23_culp_128kb.mp3

duration: 24 mins. 5 seconds

-Mari
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Great! I look forward to hearing it. :D
Mmemari

Post by Mmemari »

mightyfelix wrote: November 6th, 2018, 6:47 pm Great! I look forward to hearing it. :D
I just realized that I ended with " End of Topic 7", but the topic continues as there are additional papers within the topic. So, let me know if you want me to change the ending to just read "end of 1st paper". I will also be reading section 24 which introduces the 2nd paper within the same topic.

-Mari
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Yes, we'll need to have "End of topic 7, first paper." But you can wait to change it until after I've PLed, in case there are other changes necessary. Thanks!
Mmemari

Post by Mmemari »

mightyfelix wrote: November 7th, 2018, 6:53 am Yes, we'll need to have "End of topic 7, first paper." But you can wait to change it until after I've PLed, in case there are other changes necessary. Thanks!
Okey Dokey!
Mmemari

Post by Mmemari »

May I also take sections 25 & 26?

-Mari
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Nice job, Mari. That was a tough section! It is PL ok as is. The ending sounded fine to me, too, so no need to change anything. I've added sections 25 and 26 for you. Thanks so much! :D