[NOT LV] Recording job: academic textbooks (paid)

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Gesine wrote: November 3rd, 2018, 3:33 pm Lots of different subjects... anthropology, politics, history, academic writing, sociology, etc.
OMG Gesine, hi! Nice seeing you! :D

*stops hijacking thread*
Leni
=================
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Leni wrote: November 3rd, 2018, 7:20 pm
Gesine wrote: November 3rd, 2018, 3:33 pm Lots of different subjects... anthropology, politics, history, academic writing, sociology, etc.
OMG Gesine, hi! Nice seeing you! :D

*stops hijacking thread*
Thanks, lovely to see you, too! :) It's so nice to be back here. Last night I posted a little poem for inclusion in a collection. I'm not sure it's good enough because I don't have a mic here right now but it was lovely to record even a small piece again, and to contribute here. :)
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Thanks. I'll work on improving my recordings, like you suggested. Thank you Gesine!
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

Gesine! I was out of town part of last week and just now saw this thread. It's so good to see you here again!
Laurie Anne
Nedge

Post by Nedge »

I need a little help with a technical problem. However, it's for this academic textbook project and NOT Librivox, so I don't know where to ask the question. Librivox is mono. This project is stereo. I've tried YouTube videos and various Websites, but I haven't figured it out yet.

I recorded a sample chapter, in what I thought was stereo. It had two separate tracks, and it sounded like stereo. Gesine told me it was indeed mono.

It seems when I take the audacity file and export it to MP3, it becomes mono again.

I would appreciate any help. :)

Thank you,

Nan
"Ready, willing, and vaguely competent." -- Sandra Boynton, 2021
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

When you do File>Export, check the settings in the box that comes up. It could be that one of the settings there is rendering your track to mono during exporting.
Devorah Allen
Out of town May 27-June 2.

Readers wanted for:
A Cabinet of Gems, Sir Philip Sidney and George MacDonald
Nedge

Post by Nedge »

Devorah, this is why you are MIGHTY Felix! I was trying to reinvent the wheel -- I watched five videos on what to do when your stereo file is really mono. I checked to see if Phil had a video. And all it was was a box to uncheck when exporting to MP3!

THANK you!!

Nan
"Ready, willing, and vaguely competent." -- Sandra Boynton, 2021
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

:lol: It was a stab in the dark, really! Glad to know that it helped you. :D
Devorah Allen
Out of town May 27-June 2.

Readers wanted for:
A Cabinet of Gems, Sir Philip Sidney and George MacDonald
lurcherlover

Post by lurcherlover »

Deleted.
Last edited by lurcherlover on February 12th, 2019, 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kayray

Post by kayray »

GESINE! Gesine Gesine Gesine!
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

(sorry for the hijack but I was excited :9: I never never never look at off topic -- glad I did today!)
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)