[COMPLETE]A Multilingual Rubaiyat - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

Epachuko wrote: October 30th, 2018, 10:53 am Here it comes sections 8 (Spanish, Jose Castellot version): (22:29)
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/multilingualrubaiyat_08_various_128kb.mp3

I read the presentation of the sections in english and then in spanish, cause I was not sure which language I should use :lol: let me know if you want me to delete one of them!
Thanks Epachuko

After consultation with Sonia it was decided that the intros and outros would be read only in English, as described in the opening post.

Cheers
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by Algy Pug »

KendalRigans wrote: October 30th, 2018, 8:39 am Hi, I wish to read the section 5 in Spanish.
Thank you

Section 5 is yours.

Cheers
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by Kitty »

and here is mine, after working almost the entire day at it 8-) I hope I did it justice.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/multilingualrubaiyat_04_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 18:17 min.

(oops, did I read so much faster than Epachuko :? )

I will try to PL both your sections tomorrow, guys. It's getting a bit late here now.

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Algy, just a thought: looking at the MW, I would think it would be more helpful for prospective listeners, if you included the language, instead of always stating the same title. Maybe in brackets after the title ?

example:

3. The Rubáiyát of Omar Khayyám (in Italian) - First Edition - Faruffini

Sonia
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

Kitty wrote: October 30th, 2018, 2:42 pm Algy, just a thought: looking at the MW, I would think it would be more helpful for prospective listeners, if you included the language, instead of always stating the same title. Maybe in brackets after the title ?

example:

3. The Rubáiyát of Omar Khayyám (in Italian) - First Edition - Faruffini

Sonia
MW updated.

Cheers
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by Foon »

Algy, a question:

The full name of the Dutch translator is Christiaan Leendert van Balen Jr. Can/should I read the name like that, or keep it as the challenging to pronounce Chr. van Balen? :)
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

Foon wrote: October 30th, 2018, 3:10 pm Algy, a question:

The full name of the Dutch translator is Christiaan Leendert van Balen Jr. Can/should I read the name like that, or keep it as the challenging to pronounce Chr. van Balen? :)
Thanks Foon

Please read the full name.

Regards
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by Kitty »

time to move us over to readers wanted. I'll put us into "Short works" for now, but I was wondering if "other languages" would be better to attract two more Italians ? :hmm: Or maybe you could simply advertise there.

Sonia
Foon

Post by Foon »

Another question! In the Dutch one, does the part starting on page 41 of the pdf (headed "Kuza Nama") belong to the poem/should I record that?
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

Foon wrote: October 31st, 2018, 4:06 am Another question! In the Dutch one, does the part starting on page 41 of the pdf (headed "Kuza Nama") belong to the poem/should I record that?

Yes - Kuza nama is part of the poem.

Cheers
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by Kitty »

Algy, I listened to the introduction, very interesting thoughts in there. From what I read in my German poem, he didn't strike me as too much of a Sufi either ;)

I found two errors in an otherwise flawless text. Your French is quite good too :thumbs:

> at 13:30: O Thou who burn'st in Heart for those who burn In Hell - you say hell also in the first part of the sentence

> at 25:46: "end of section 0" - you forgot 0

Sonia
Foon

Post by Foon »

Readers needed:
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

I can take whichever English edition you assign me. I don't know the extent of their differences, so I'm not picky in that respect. :P
Tomas Peter
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

WiltedScribe wrote: October 31st, 2018, 9:28 am I can take whichever English edition you assign me. I don't know the extent of their differences, so I'm not picky in that respect. :P
Thanks Tomas

The differences between the fourth and fifth editions are minimal. I have allocated the fifth (the better known of the two )to you.

Cheers
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by Kitty »

Epachuko wrote: October 30th, 2018, 10:53 am Here it comes sections 8 (Spanish, Jose Castellot version): (22:29)
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/multilingualrubaiyat_08_various_128kb.mp3

I read the presentation of the sections in english and then in spanish, cause I was not sure which language I should use :lol: let me know if you want me to delete one of them!
thanks Epachuko, this was a great reading :clap: And since I already read my German version, I really understood almost everything :lol: it was a good and accurate translation, compared with the German.

I have only a few notes here to correct:

> from 0:17-0:32: the Spanish intro can be cut out

> at 12:57: (Stanza LVIX) "el plomo de la vida en oro reluciente" - you say "polvo"

> at 17:57: Question for Algy: before stanza LXXXII is written Kuza Nama. Is it necessary to include the title here ? I know that I didn't say this title but in my German version it was not included either. But since it is written here, should it be read as well ? :hmm:

> at 22:21: end disclaimer maybe also in English instead of Spanish: "End of Section 8"

thanks !

Sonia