[COMPLETE] The Book of the Thousand Nights and a Night (Arabian Nights), Vol 9 - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
MarkErnest

Post by MarkErnest »

I would be happy to take section 3 if it pleases you.

Best,
Mark
Foon

Post by Foon »

MarkErnest wrote: October 23rd, 2018, 6:22 am I would be happy to take section 3 if it pleases you.

Best,
Mark
All yours! Please make sure to include both night 893 and 894 in your recording. :)
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
JoanWindle

Post by JoanWindle »

I have uploaded Section 5 : Nights 897 and 898.
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/arabiannightsvolume9_05_anonymous_128kb.mp3 Time: 12.30

Hope it's ok!
Foon

Post by Foon »

Thank you Joan! I have put it in the Magic Window for Helen to prooflisten. :)
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
HZFerr

Post by HZFerr »

sect 5
PL Note: low volume needs to be increased

Hi Joan,

Your volume is low at 83.2 dB.
This falls outside of the target range (86–92 dB).

This can be increased in Audacity. 
Helen

POW/MIA, we will remember them.
5/4/66 (S.V.) Malone, Jimmy M.
Private U.S. Army, 1st Battalion, 503rd Infantry
msfry

Post by msfry »

May I please claim Sections 22, 23 and 24. This is sight unseen, but they are all good, right? Or she would have been killed!
JoanWindle

Post by JoanWindle »

HZFerr wrote: October 26th, 2018, 4:06 pm sect 5
PL Note: low volume needs to be increased

Hi Joan,

Your volume is low at 83.2 dB.
This falls outside of the target range (86–92 dB).

This can be increased in Audacity. 
Have I fixed it?
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/arabiannightsvolume9_05_anonymous_128kb.mp3
HZFerr

Post by HZFerr »

Hi Joan,
Have I fixed it?
Yes! You have. :clap: :thumbs:

sect 5
PL OK

Great job with the reading & vol adjustment.
Helen

POW/MIA, we will remember them.
5/4/66 (S.V.) Malone, Jimmy M.
Private U.S. Army, 1st Battalion, 503rd Infantry
Foon

Post by Foon »

Thank you ladies! :thumbs:

Readers needed:
msfry

Post by msfry »

msfry wrote: October 26th, 2018, 5:03 pm May I please claim Sections 22, 23 and 24. This is sight unseen, but they are all good, right? Or she would have been killed!
Don't know whether to commence recording or not. Several posts have interspursed inbetween. I don't want to jump the gun but I am ready. May I have some reaction?
NickNasti

Post by NickNasti »

I have been having some hardware issues with my recording setup for the past couple of weeks. I was hoping that I would be able to resolve the issue by now. However, since it seems as though it may not be resolved imminently, I wouldn't want to hold a spot and delay the project as a whole. Please release my reserved section so that others may select from it until such a time that I will be able to contribute again.
Foon

Post by Foon »

msfry wrote: October 27th, 2018, 6:06 pm
msfry wrote: October 26th, 2018, 5:03 pm May I please claim Sections 22, 23 and 24. This is sight unseen, but they are all good, right? Or she would have been killed!
Don't know whether to commence recording or not. Several posts have interspursed inbetween. I don't want to jump the gun but I am ready. May I have some reaction?
Oh sorry Michele, yes! The "thank you ladies" referred to Helen, Joan, and yourself. They're all yours!

Readers needed:
Foon

Post by Foon »

NickNasti wrote: October 28th, 2018, 2:26 am I have been having some hardware issues with my recording setup for the past couple of weeks. I was hoping that I would be able to resolve the issue by now. However, since it seems as though it may not be resolved imminently, I wouldn't want to hold a spot and delay the project as a whole. Please release my reserved section so that others may select from it until such a time that I will be able to contribute again.
Hi Nick,
That's absolutely fine! I will release it as you ask, but of course you're still welcome to claim something again whenever you want to. :) Good luck with your setup!

Foon

Readers needed:
msfry

Post by msfry »

So what do we put at the end of each section? The First Post only says:

END of recording
At the end of the section, say:
If you wish, say:
"Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
At the end of the book, say (in addition):

I'd recommend saying "End of Section #", at least, because the next section references Section #.

NOTE: Because I've listened to a previous volume of this series on my phone, I've found it nearly impossible to find my place again, reason being, iTunes doesn't display Section # unless you add it to the Title column.) When you get to 100 sections with all titles looking very similar and no Section # displayed, this becomes mind boggling.)
Foon

Post by Foon »

msfry wrote: October 30th, 2018, 11:15 am So what do we put at the end of each section? The First Post only says:

END of recording
At the end of the section, say:
If you wish, say:
"Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
At the end of the book, say (in addition):

I'd recommend saying "End of Section #", at least, because the next section references Section #.

NOTE: Because I've listened to a previous volume of this series on my phone, I've found it nearly impossible to find my place again, reason being, iTunes doesn't display Section # unless you add it to the Title column.) When you get to 100 sections with all titles looking very similar and no Section # displayed, this becomes mind boggling.)
Hi Michele,
Thanks for asking!
This project was originally set up by someone else, who removed the "End of section" line from the outro--and as far as I know, that's what the readers have been doing so far. It still ends with "End of Night #", after all.

I understand where you're coming from, but considering there are already quite a few sections done, we leave it as is. It contains the night number right at the end, so if, for example, you've just heard "End of night 900", you'll know the next one you need is the section titled "Night 901-902".

About the iTunes problem: I can understand that that's frustrating! But since the sections don't really have a title, I don't see an option that would make it easier to find the right one. But at least, in alphabetical order they're exactly in the right order.

Cheers,
Foon

Readers needed: