[COMPLETE][Russian]Сказки, Михаил Евграфович Салтыков-Щедрин. - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Airyssa

Post by Airyssa »

Сказки by Михаил Евграфович Салтыков-Щедрин (1826 - 1889).

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project https://librivox.org/tales-by-mikhail-saltykov-shchedrin/
Всего в сказочный цикл Салтыкова-Щедрина входит 32 произведения. Он создавался писателем на протяжении 18 лет - с 1869 по 1886 год.
Каждая из сказок Щедрина — законченное произведение. Действующие лица в них в основном звери, птицы, рыбы… но также и люди. Сказки Салтыкова-Щедрина можно разделить на несколько основных тематических групп. Это сатира на правительственные верхи, эксплуататорские классы; обличение поведения и психологии обывательски настроенных интеллигентов; изображение трудолюбивых, талантливых, могучих и вместе с тем покорных своим угнетателям народных масс. ( )
  • Text source (only read from this text!): https://archive.org/details/sochineniia08saltuoft/page/n5
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    ===========================================
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Сказки. Mихаил Eвграфович Салтыков-Щедрин. Эта запись сделана для проекта ЛибриВокс. Все записи ЛибриВокс являются общественным достоянием. Для справок и помощи проекту пожалуйста посетите сетевую страницу librivox ТОЧКА org."
    • If you wish, say:
      "Запись сделал(а) [Ваше имя], [город, блог, веб-сайт]"
    • Say:
      "Сказки. Михаил Евграфович Салтыков-Щедрин. Секция # [Название сказки]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Сказки. Михаил Евграфович Салтыков-Щедрин. Эта запись ЛибриВокс является общественным достоянием."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Say:
      "Секция ## [Название сказки]."
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "Конец Секции ## [Название сказки]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "Конец "Сказки". Михаил Евграфович Салтыков-Щедрин. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  • Example filename tales_##_shedrin_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. tales_01_shedrin_128kb.mp3)

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader Image
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: Kitty
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hello Airyssa :)

there is a problem with your source text, as it's clearly stated to be published by a Soviet publishing company in 1974: "Л.: Издательство АН СССР, 1974". We need a source text from before 1923.

I think I found the Сказки on archive.org, at least there is a selection of 28, hopefully they are the same that you want to read. Can you have a look here, please ?
https://archive.org/details/sochineniia08saltuoft/page/n5

if you are ok to read from this source, then I can set up the project for you. :)

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Airyssa

Post by Airyssa »

Kitty wrote: October 20th, 2018, 12:09 pm Hello Airyssa :)

there is a problem with your source text, as it's clearly stated to be published by a Soviet publishing company in 1974: "Л.: Издательство АН СССР, 1974". We need a source text from before 1923.

I think I found the Сказки on archive.org, at least there is a selection of 28, hopefully they are the same that you want to read. Can you have a look here, please ?
https://archive.org/details/sochineniia08saltuoft/page/n5

if you are ok to read from this source, then I can set up the project for you. :)

Sonia
Ok. I will read from this source.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

all right, Lika, I have set up the Magic Window and already inserted the first two stories and the pages. You need to fill out the rest of the boxes. To log-in, push "BC/Admin" right underneath the MW. Then you probably need to ask "Forgot Password" and you will receive a new one to log into the MW and fill out the sections.

I have corrected the link in the first post and a few small things, for example the file name. Only use section numbers for the file names, not the titles of the stories. You see everything you need to read for the intro and outro in the first post.

If you have questions still, don't hesitate to ask.

You don't have a dedicated prooflistener yet, I suppose ?

Sonia
Airyssa

Post by Airyssa »

Thank you. I haven't qwestions now, but I saw mistake in title of 1 section. ПреМудрый.
Yes, I don't have a dedicated prooflistener.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Airyssa wrote: October 22nd, 2018, 4:00 am Thank you. I haven't qwestions now, but I saw mistake in title of 1 section. ПреМудрый.
Yes, I don't have a dedicated prooflistener.
right, sorry, I made a typo. You can correct it when you fill in the rest. Just click on the box and you can type in corrections. :)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Everything ok so far, Lika ? Have you been able to enter the Magic Window ? I see you did not fill out the titles yet. If you have problems, please don't hesitate to ask.

I think I will move us over to Going Solo now. You can advertise for a DPL by filling out this template https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/ProofListening_Template and posting it here in a new thread: viewforum.php?f=21

Sonia
Airyssa

Post by Airyssa »

Kitty wrote: October 26th, 2018, 12:39 am Everything ok so far, Lika ? Have you been able to enter the Magic Window ? I see you did not fill out the titles yet. If you have problems, please don't hesitate to ask.

I think I will move us over to Going Solo now. You can advertise for a DPL by filling out this template https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/ProofListening_Template and posting it here in a new thread: viewforum.php?f=21

Sonia
Yes, ok. Thanks for help with DPL, I didn't know to look for him myself. :lol:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Airyssa wrote: October 26th, 2018, 2:00 pm Yes, ok. Thanks for help with DPL, I didn't know to look for him myself. :lol:
let's hope we find someone. I could try to PL the first section myself. I have learnt a bit of Russian, but I'm not sure I can read the old script fast enough to follow. It also depends how fast you are reading ;)

I see you have started with the MW :thumbs: looks good so far. Probably a good idea to modernize the spelling. Some letters don't exist anymore today.

Sonia
Airyssa

Post by Airyssa »

Kitty wrote: October 26th, 2018, 2:04 pm let's hope we find someone. I could try to PL the first section myself. I have learnt a bit of Russian, but I'm not sure I can read the old script fast enough to follow. It also depends how fast you are reading ;)

I see you have started with the MW :thumbs: looks good so far. Probably a good idea to modernize the spelling. Some letters don't exist anymore today.

Sonia
It will be great! I can recording only on weekend. It`s more silent time in my home))). I submitted new topic for PL. Hope, all will fine. But I will be glad your help in PL )). Thank you!

Text with 'ъ' is looks so strange now ))). I need to adjust to him, too.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Airyssa wrote: October 26th, 2018, 2:31 pmIt will be great! I can recording only on weekend. It`s more silent time in my home))).
as it is your Solo, you don't have a fixed deadline. You can take your time. Only post back from time to time, to tell me that you are still there and interested ;)

But one section every weekend or every second weekend is totally great !
I submitted new topic for PL. Hope, all will fine. But I will be glad your help in PL )). Thank you!
yes I can try it, but pleeeeeaassse don't speak too fast then :lol: I am really not very advanced yet.

And you did it all correctly to advertise for DPL :thumbs: well done !

Have fun with your first section then. :)

Sonia
Airyssa

Post by Airyssa »

Kitty wrote: October 26th, 2018, 2:54 pm yes I can try it, but pleeeeeaassse don't speak too fast then :lol: I am really not very advanced yet.
Sonia
I was record 2 sections now. And it was hard ))) I can`t read it too fast, very unusual with old letters ))). Many mistakes. Need adjustment. Will upload corrected records later, most likely during the week. Maybe it'll be okay for you.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Airyssa wrote: October 26th, 2018, 3:35 pmI was record 2 sections now. And it was hard ))) I can`t read it too fast, very unusual with old letters ))). Many mistakes. Need adjustment. Will upload corrected records later, most likely during the week. Maybe it'll be okay for you.
you don't have to hurry. And yes it's true, editing a section usually takes 3 or 4 times longer than just recording it. That is why we usually ask new readers to first try out group projects, so they know how much time is involved before they launch a Solo. ;)

How about you read one short section first, then edit it all and upload it once it's ready. Then I can check if all is ok and then you can proceed to the next one.

We have time. :)

Have a nice weekend

Sonia
Airyssa

Post by Airyssa »

Kitty wrote: October 27th, 2018, 1:10 am
How about you read one short section first, then edit it all and upload it once it's ready. Then I can check if all is ok and then you can proceed to the next one.

We have time. :)

Have a nice weekend

Sonia
you can listen first section )
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Airyssa wrote: November 3rd, 2018, 7:49 am you can listen first section )
thank you for the first section. I did try to PL a bit, but unfortunately it is too fast for me to follow along and check with the old script :( We need to wait for a native speaker to PL it. Let's hope someone comes along.

I did check the technical settings already and only one things needs to be changed, it is too loud. Our limits are between 86 and 92 dB, you have over 93 dB. I would suggest decreasing the volume with -3 dB, then you are all good.

But no need to do that immediately, let's first see if you have any other errors. The intro sounds good to me already and the first few sentences were well read as well. I could hear so much that I think you read very clearly and expressively, so it will be nicely understood by someone who speaks the language much better than me :lol:

I think you can continue recording sections while we wait for a DPL. The way you do it is totally fine for LV. :thumbs: Just watch the volume, but this can always get changed later in the end, so no worries there.

Good luck with the next section :)

Sonia