COMPLETE Fairy Stories my Children Love Best of All by ED Shimer -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Treefairy

Post by Treefairy »

Treefairy

Post by Treefairy »

This is my first voice over recording. I'm so nervous about how my voice sounds and would love some honest feedback. I think some good constructive criticism can help me improve. Im not sure how this works so if im not supposed to ask this at this stage or in this thread, i apologize and would appreciate some guidance. Thank you so much. The link ti the recording is above this message i believe.
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Treefairy of course you can ask for feedback! We are all here to help you especially to get comfortable with recording and uploading those files when the uploader is getting grumpy as Carolin said!

Normally the person who is the DPL (Dedicated Proof Listener is the correct wording I believe but there are other names that have been made up) will give you feedback, however as I was online I thought I would listen as the recording is not very long!

You did an EXCELLENT reading and I really enjoyed it! I have no other feedback - great start and I look forward to hearing more!

Lynda
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Lmnei wrote: October 15th, 2018, 7:10 pm Treefairy of course you can ask for feedback! We are all here to help you especially to get comfortable with recording and uploading those files when the uploader is getting grumpy as Carolin said!

Normally the person who is the DPL (Dedicated Proof Listener is the correct wording I believe but there are other names that have been made up) will give you feedback, however as I was online I thought I would listen as the recording is not very long!

You did an EXCELLENT reading and I really enjoyed it! I have no other feedback - great start and I look forward to hearing more!

Lynda
Edit this to say that I am the DPL - I forgot that minor point! I will listen again and check your technical settings and get back to you :)
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you both :thumbs:
Carolin
Treefairy

Post by Treefairy »

Thank you all very much! I'm sure enjoying this. I'm looking forward to hearing if there is editing needed. This is an awesome community, I appreciate the feedback. :)
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Treefairy wrote: October 16th, 2018, 1:05 am Thank you all very much! I'm sure enjoying this. I'm looking forward to hearing if there is editing needed. This is an awesome community, I appreciate the feedback. :)
Hi Robin!

Okay, now that I have "officially" listened to Section 14 this is your feedback -

At the beginning – you need to leave between .05 and 1.5 seconds of silence – you have 5 seconds - please trim that down.
At the end – there should be around 5 seconds of silence – you have 9 seconds - again, please trim that down.
:42 – as this is a poem, it needs to be word perfect – you added the word “a” in “this place is (a) fairy ground”. Please cut out the a and you will be done!

Then save the file with the same name and re-upload to carolin's queue and post the link here with the new time and I will listen to it again :)

Again, it is a pleasure to listen to your voice and recording - it sounds just awesome!

Lynda
Rawbean23

Post by Rawbean23 »

Carolin wrote: October 8th, 2018, 10:56 pm Sure, thank you :thumbs:
At the beginning and end, are we to say "Chapter" as indicated in the magic window or "Section"?
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Rawbean23 wrote: October 16th, 2018, 2:13 pm
Carolin wrote: October 8th, 2018, 10:56 pm Sure, thank you :thumbs:
At the beginning and end, are we to say "Chapter" as indicated in the magic window or "Section"?
EDIT - let me rephrase that - when it says Chapter [number] you say Chapter 1 for example. When it says [Chapter] you say the title of the Chapter or its name....

You read what it tells you to read in the blurb so in this case it says Chapter... :)

Lynda
Treefairy

Post by Treefairy »

Thank you Lynda. :) I'm on it!
Treefairy

Post by Treefairy »

Here you go Lynda. I got as close to the correct space in the beginning and end as I could work out. I'm enjoying learning to edit, for sure, but I'm a newbie. Thanks for your patience. :) if the times are still off, I'll keep trying. Thanks
The new time is 1:34.4
https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/fairystories_14_shimer_128kb.mp3
Treefairy

Post by Treefairy »

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/fairystories_09_shimer_128kb.mp3
5:15.0
Let me know if any edits are needed Lynda. Thank you :)
Rawbean23

Post by Rawbean23 »

Hi Carolin,

Here is my first attempt at Section 5, The Crane, The Fish and The Lobster. There are so many things to remember, I’m sure I forgot something. I did noise reduction and I think my settings are okay. I’m not sure how to tell what the volume is so I'll need to do that. Please provide me with input so I can make this better. I hope I did the link part right!

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/fairystories_05_shimer_128kb.mp3

(file duration: 04:40)

Robin
Rawbean23

Post by Rawbean23 »

I would like to claim Section 12 Peach-Prince and the Demons, please.

I am looking forward to this section! My mother used to tell me this story from her homeland. I remember she would always fall asleep before she got to the end so I didn't know the ending until I was able to find the book about Momotaro!

Robin
victoriasparrow

Post by victoriasparrow »

Hello Carolin,
I would like to read The Millers Daughter, Section 3

Victoria