Newbie daveWindell

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
DaveWindell

Post by DaveWindell »

Hi to everybody in Librivox. I am DaveWindell, a new volunteer. I would really like to do some recording but I have asthma which sometimes stops me speaking. But I think I have long enough periods when I'm ok to do recording. If not I'll try some proof listening instead. I am British, studied Archaeology and worked as a professional archaeologist for about 15 years in the UK. Then my wife and I emigrated to Greece where we both work as teachers of English. We've used Librivox recordings for some years for relaxation because it's so much better than the TV. So I thought it was time for some pay-back and I'm excited at the thought of doing some recording of great books. I am just getting ready to do a 1-minute test but I'm struggling with the techy stuff a bit, though many many thanks to those who wrote the really great Guidance for Newbies and to Philchenevert for the really helpful videos.
hello to all,
DaveWindell
barbara2

Post by barbara2 »

DaveWindell wrote: October 11th, 2018, 1:53 am Hi to everybody in Librivox. I am DaveWindell, a new volunteer. I would really like to do some recording but I have asthma which sometimes stops me speaking. But I think I have long enough periods when I'm ok to do recording. If not I'll try some proof listening instead. I am British, studied Archaeology and worked as a professional archaeologist for about 15 years in the UK. Then my wife and I emigrated to Greece where we both work as teachers of English. We've used Librivox recordings for some years for relaxation because it's so much better than the TV. So I thought it was time for some pay-back and I'm excited at the thought of doing some recording of great books. I am just getting ready to do a 1-minute test but I'm struggling with the techy stuff a bit, though many many thanks to those who wrote the really great Guidance for Newbies and to Philchenevert for the really helpful videos.
hello to all,
DaveWindell
Welcome Dave, your background sounds fascinating and I guess you have a good grasp of Greek too. As you've already discovered, people here love helping out with the techy stuff.

Best,

Barbara
DaveWindell

Post by DaveWindell »

Dear Barbara, Many thanks for the positive thoughts. I'm not good at all the tech stuff...happier with 1000year old stuff really. But I'm getting a lot of help on the Forum and the Guides and Videos are really good even for me! So, Thanks to everybody who wrote it all and to you all for your welcome. DaveWindell
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

A big welcome Dave! Here is your gold Star Image for being so nice.
If you ever hit on something that is confusing give me a shout or PM or just comment on one of my videos and I will get back to you. The biggest hurdle is the technical stuff and your 1 minute test, then it's all downhill and fun. or at least to me it is.... :roll:
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
DaveWindell

Post by DaveWindell »

Dear Phil, Thanks a lot, it really helps to know that there is back-up from people who actually know this stuff. And many thanks for the videos. They were really helpful. I'm really looking forward to doing some recording...can't wait!