Post by Kristingj »

michaelreuss wrote: October 10th, 2018, 10:46 am Two new uploads:

Section 139
Gaspard Caderousse Chapter 81
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/Vol4Chapter081.flac

Section 140
Gaspard Caderousse - Chapter 83
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/Vol4Chapter082.flac

I see that the magic window had a missing line, which you've now added for section 140. Thanks. I guess that explains why I didn't record anything for that chapter.

Kristin, I have to report that my hardware has changed from the previous submissions to the new recording of chapter 82. I'm going for a new Android phone in the next couple of days, which will change it again. One of my microphones has dropped out on my old Note4, so the sound quality is a little different on the new parts. Please give chapter 82 a listen, and if you think they sound too different or unacceptable, let me know and I can rerecord it (and the chapter 81 edit) again after I get my new phone.

Or, if you think everything is okay, I'll watch for PL ok.
Thanks! I'll take a listen tomorrow:)
Could you upload again under the correct names? Should be the same as the other files you have uploaded.
Kristin

The Count of Monte Cristo (Dramatic reading) - PL and Editors needed!
michaelreuss

Post by michaelreuss »

Uploaded two files with the correct filenames:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_gaspard_caderousse_081.flac
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_gaspard_caderousse_082.flac

Please delete the two files uploaded with the incorrect names.
Mike
pmstrahm

Post by pmstrahm »

hi kristin

here is ali tepelini with yanina fixed time is 3.19

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_alitepelini_77.flac

thank u
pistol pete, CC
linny

Post by linny »

I'll edit chapter 65 today.

How are you doing the DP?

EDIT: https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_65_dumas_128kb.mp3 21:01
Please let me know your thoughts so I understand your preferences moving forward.
pmstrahm

Post by pmstrahm »

Hi Kristin
I just not noticed that some bigger parts came open
I would love to be maxamillian morel
I would have to drop sections 188,189,190,191,192,193
This would be no big deal to me as I haven't started on these small parts anyway
Hope this isn't to much trouble but It would really make my day to be a main character in this book

Thanks so much
pistol pete, CC
pmstrahm

Post by pmstrahm »

Hello again
Looking closer if I do max morel
I will not be able to do penelon
Either
Thanks
pistol pete, CC
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

linny wrote: October 12th, 2018, 9:17 am I'll edit chapter 65 today.

How are you doing the DP?

EDIT: https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_65_dumas_128kb.mp3 21:01
Please let me know your thoughts so I understand your preferences moving forward.
Great, thank you! My original plan for DP was to make one for each volume of the books, mostly because of the narrator, as I split that part into five. As we now have the same reader for all five parts, that might not necessary anymore. I have wondered about having all the main parts read and then end with a 'miscallenious characters by name 1, name 2, name 3... '. I'm open for suggestions if you have any:)
Kristin

Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

pmstrahm wrote: October 12th, 2018, 7:24 pm Hi Kristin
I just not noticed that some bigger parts came open
I would love to be maxamillian morel
I would have to drop sections 188,189,190,191,192,193
This would be no big deal to me as I haven't started on these small parts anyway
Hope this isn't to much trouble but It would really make my day to be a main character in this book

Thanks so much
Hi, if you want to do max, I would also have to remove those parts you have allready finished, as I don't allow the main parts to have any other parts. Please be completely sure you want it, it's a huge part and I've had to orphan it three times now. You are of course welcome to it if you want:)
Kristin

Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

Caderousse is PL OK!
Kristin

pmstrahm

Post by pmstrahm »

Hi kristin
I would still like to try doing Maximillian
Thanks
pistol pete, CC
linny

Post by linny »

Kristingj wrote: October 14th, 2018, 11:43 am Great, thank you! My original plan for DP was to make one for each volume of the books, mostly because of the narrator, as I split that part into five. As we now have the same reader for all five parts, that might not necessary anymore. I have wondered about having all the main parts read and then end with a 'miscallenious characters by name 1, name 2, name 3... '. I'm open for suggestions if you have any:)
Do you have the base file for volume 3 done by the narrator? I usually build out the DP as I edit the chapters. Opening every character file at the end just to copy and past over the DP is not a task I enjoy. It's especially trying when a number of the files need to be adjusted for volume. I find it altogether easier to draft the file while I'm already working with the audio. If you don't have the base file yet, or can't get it quickly, then I'll probably just pass on editing the DP.

Have you heard from Scott? It doesn't look as if he has posted any narrator files since mid 2017.
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

linny wrote: October 14th, 2018, 2:49 pm
Kristingj wrote: October 14th, 2018, 11:43 am Great, thank you! My original plan for DP was to make one for each volume of the books, mostly because of the narrator, as I split that part into five. As we now have the same reader for all five parts, that might not necessary anymore. I have wondered about having all the main parts read and then end with a 'miscallenious characters by name 1, name 2, name 3... '. I'm open for suggestions if you have any:)
Do you have the base file for volume 3 done by the narrator? I usually build out the DP as I edit the chapters. Opening every character file at the end just to copy and past over the DP is not a task I enjoy. It's especially trying when a number of the files need to be adjusted for volume. I find it altogether easier to draft the file while I'm already working with the audio. If you don't have the base file yet, or can't get it quickly, then I'll probably just pass on editing the DP.

Have you heard from Scott? It doesn't look as if he has posted any narrator files since mid 2017.
I don't have the base file yet, I had planned on everyone reading their own character name, but I do have a spreadsheet of who is in which volume. I'll PM you the link for it.
Kristin

Foon

Post by Foon »

Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian