~FULL [DRAM.READ] Count of Monte Cristo by Alex. Dumas-mas

Plays and other dramatic works
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

pmstrahm wrote: October 5th, 2018, 5:41 pm hi kristin
i don't have any other recording to do at this time so i would like to read as many small parts for you as possible. i have looked through whats left
and i think i can read sections 118,119,128,130,131,150,151,152,166,167,168,173,174,175 all the other chapters seem to conflict with chapters i have appeared in already. If you need someone to read the rest i would be willing to try and change my voice. fine about turnkey one but i did turn in my recording of ali tepelini on july 5 and i could use some reassurance that it isn't forgotten. I could potentially help with PL but i am not sure if just any reader can do it do you have to be higher on the totem pole.

thanks so much
Oh, I am so sorry, I forgot to put it in the mw and then completely forgot you had submitted it.
Just one note
00:54 - Pronounciation of Yanina, the beat should be on ni, so Ya-NI-na (You said YA-ni-na)

The sections are all yours:)

Everyone can do PL, but I'm actually on top of it right now:) (The last ones I'm waiting to see if they are going to finish their roles. I won't bother if they're not) But when I start recording my own again, I could need some help to PL my files:)
Kristin

The Count of Monte Cristo (Dramatic reading) - PL and Editors needed!
linny

Post by linny »

Tagging in. I can help out with some editing. I'll post to claim chapters before I get started.
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

linny wrote: October 6th, 2018, 10:37 am Tagging in. I can help out with some editing. I'll post to claim chapters before I get started.
Great :thumbs:
Kristin

ZamesCurran

Post by ZamesCurran »

Kristingj wrote: October 4th, 2018, 6:11 am Chapter 74
00:25, 00:45, 00:55, 01:05 - a repeat
So, I save the raw files as a FLAC.

Edited out my goofs,

Saved the edited file as an MP3.

Upload the unedited FLAC.

Here's the right one (convert to FLAC)
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_notary2_74.flac
Truth,
James
---------------------
ZamesCurran

Post by ZamesCurran »

Kristingj wrote: October 4th, 2018, 6:11 am Notary 2
Chapter 59
00:20 - a reapeat of "in which a public officer"
01:43 - A glitch at the start of the sentence
04:06 - The line is "There are certain forms necessary to be gone through", you said brought through
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_notary2_59.flac

I had exceptional trouble getting the new "gone through" line to match the rest of the paragraph, but I think it works now.

The timestamps you gave did not match the file I had at all (about 30 seconds off), so this might be the case again where I originally uploaded the wrong file.
Truth,
James
---------------------
pjcsaville

Post by pjcsaville »

Hello Kristen!
My wife and I just had a baby about a month ago and life is a bit crazy at the moment. I haven't forgotten about my part as Albert. I'll get to it as soon as I can :D
Pat
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

ZamesCurran wrote: October 8th, 2018, 12:21 pm
Kristingj wrote: October 4th, 2018, 6:11 am Chapter 74
00:25, 00:45, 00:55, 01:05 - a repeat
So, I save the raw files as a FLAC.

Edited out my goofs,

Saved the edited file as an MP3.

Upload the unedited FLAC.

Here's the right one (convert to FLAC)
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_notary2_74.flac
ZamesCurran wrote: October 8th, 2018, 1:25 pm
Kristingj wrote: October 4th, 2018, 6:11 am Notary 2
Chapter 59
00:20 - a reapeat of "in which a public officer"
01:43 - A glitch at the start of the sentence
04:06 - The line is "There are certain forms necessary to be gone through", you said brought through
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_notary2_59.flac

I had exceptional trouble getting the new "gone through" line to match the rest of the paragraph, but I think it works now.

The timestamps you gave did not match the file I had at all (about 30 seconds off), so this might be the case again where I originally uploaded the wrong file.

Thanks!
Kristin

Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

pjcsaville wrote: October 9th, 2018, 9:30 pm Hello Kristen!
My wife and I just had a baby about a month ago and life is a bit crazy at the moment. I haven't forgotten about my part as Albert. I'll get to it as soon as I can :D
Pat
Congrats! That's fine, just let me know tat you are alive from time to time;)
Kristin

Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

It's been a week since I sent out reminders, and as such we have had a big chunk of parts orphaned. With the exception of a few big parts, we are sticking to the two month deadline going forward, or this project will take forever to finish.
Kristin

Foon

Post by Foon »

Hi Kristin,

If it helps you out, I'd be happy to take a bunch more of the tiny parts. I looked through them and if my notes are correct, there's no overlap in chapters between these and the other small parts I took previously.

Guest 1 etc (Ch. 5,8,18,21)
Guest 2 etc (Ch. 6,7,9,25)
Turnkey 2 (Ch. 19,20)
El-kobbir (Ch. 86)
Host etc (Ch. 98,99,107)
Doorkeeper 3 etc (Ch. 109,113,114)

I believe my parts so far were in chapters 29,30,31,33,35,36,37,51,52,61,78,81,85, so there is no doubling up in chapters.
If I'm requesting too many, just let me know, I just thought I'd help filling out the MW as best I can ;)
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

Foon wrote: October 10th, 2018, 5:37 am Hi Kristin,

If it helps you out, I'd be happy to take a bunch more of the tiny parts. I looked through them and if my notes are correct, there's no overlap in chapters between these and the other small parts I took previously.

Guest 1 etc (Ch. 5,8,18,21)
Guest 2 etc (Ch. 6,7,9,25)
Turnkey 2 (Ch. 19,20)
El-kobbir (Ch. 86)
Host etc (Ch. 98,99,107)
Doorkeeper 3 etc (Ch. 109,113,114)

I believe my parts so far were in chapters 29,30,31,33,35,36,37,51,52,61,78,81,85, so there is no doubling up in chapters.
If I'm requesting too many, just let me know, I just thought I'd help filling out the MW as best I can ;)
That would be great, thanks!
Kristin

Foon

Post by Foon »

I just noticed that "Guest 1" is also listed in Ch. 9 (not in the MW), which means I'm doubling up with "Guest 2"--do you want me to drop one of the roles? Or is it a different "Guest 1"?
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

Foon wrote: October 10th, 2018, 6:28 am I just noticed that "Guest 1" is also listed in Ch. 9 (not in the MW), which means I'm doubling up with "Guest 2"--do you want me to drop one of the roles? Or is it a different "Guest 1"?
Shoot, you're right. We do an easy fix. Guest 2 appears in chapter 5, and I'll just add Guest 1 in chapter 9 on another bulk
Kristin

Foon

Post by Foon »

Readers needed:
michaelreuss

Post by michaelreuss »

Two new uploads:

Section 139
Gaspard Caderousse Chapter 81
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/Vol4Chapter081.flac

Section 140
Gaspard Caderousse - Chapter 82
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/Vol4Chapter082.flac

I see that the magic window had a missing line, which you've now added for section 140. Thanks. I guess that explains why I didn't record anything for that chapter.

Kristin, I have to report that my hardware has changed from the previous submissions to the new recording of chapter 82. I'm going for a new Android phone in the next couple of days, which will change it again. One of my microphones has dropped out on my old Note4, so the sound quality is a little different on the new parts. Please give chapter 82 a listen, and if you think they sound too different or unacceptable, let me know and I can rerecord it (and the chapter 81 edit) again after I get my new phone.

Or, if you think everything is okay, I'll watch for PL ok.
Last edited by michaelreuss on October 10th, 2018, 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mike