[COMPLETE][PORT.] Canaã, por Graça Aranha (1868-1931)-kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Mayah92 wrote: September 18th, 2018, 7:17 am And this is section 10 - 43 min 06 secs
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/canaa_10_aranha_128kb.mp3
and I finally listened to this section as well, and it's word perfect again. :thumbs: There was a but of a rustling at one point, but I let you decide if you want to re-record that part:

> at 23:00: (p. 277 bottom) “magestosa, serena” – there is a rustling inside the word, but it's optional, one can understand the word nevertheless.

I mark it PL ok already, but if you wish to correct and reupload then I give it a Spot PL. Just let me know

Thank you so much !

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
EvandroCunha

Post by EvandroCunha »

Boa tarde Sonia, tudo bem?
Segue link para a parte 14 >> https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/canaa_14_aranha_128kb.mp3

Seção 14: 14min25seg

I'm sorry for being late.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

EvandroCunha wrote: October 5th, 2018, 11:02 am Boa tarde Sonia, tudo bem?
Segue link para a parte 14 >> https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/canaa_14_aranha_128kb.mp3
I'm sorry for being late.
tudo bem, obrigada :) it's weekend, so nothing to complain about :mrgreen:

and thank you for your section. No need to apologize, you are still fully in your two-month-deadline. I'll try to check it over the weekend, but probably not tonight, it's already a bit late.

Have a great weekend !! And I hope you'll keep participating. :9:

Sonia
MickyMe

Post by MickyMe »

Gostaria de ler o capitulo 2, por favor.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

MickyMe wrote: October 6th, 2018, 3:36 am Gostaria de ler o capitulo 2, por favor.
Hey, hello :) welcome to this project and thank you so much for making us complete ! :9: I'll assign you the final chapter, have fun.

And that means we can move over to Readers Found, and I will think about launching a new project if you are all ok with that 8-)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

EvandroCunha wrote: October 5th, 2018, 11:02 am Segue link para a parte 14 >> https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/canaa_14_aranha_128kb.mp3
thank you so much, Evandro, another beautiful and flawless reading ! This chapter is totally PL ok. And you didn't even forget the final end disclaimer of the book :thumbs:

Well done. I hope to hear you again in our new project. :9:

Sonia
EvandroCunha

Post by EvandroCunha »

Obrigado Sonia,

Gostaria sim de participar de um novo projeto, por favor me deixe saber quando iniciar um novo.
MickyMe

Post by MickyMe »

MickyMe

Post by MickyMe »

The duration for chapter 2 - as in the last post - is 42:42.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

MickyMe wrote: October 7th, 2018, 2:39 pm Here is chapter 2, ready for PL.
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/canaa_02_aranha_128kp.mp3
:shock: that was a fast turn-around. Thank you. I will try to PL it today still and give you feedback.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

MickyMe wrote: October 7th, 2018, 3:09 pmThe duration for chapter 2 - as in the last post - is 42:42.
so, I just had a listen and it was very agreeable to listen to and easy for me to understand. :thumbs: Thank you so much, it was quite a long section.

However I have a few notes for you to correct:

> the overall background noise is quite distracting, could you please do one round of noise cleaning ? Maybe you don't know about that function yet, seeing that you are quite new to recording. Do you use Audacity ? Then I can give you a step-by-step:
1) select a small portion where you don't speak (in your file, I chose between 0:16 and 0:18, which is a good sample)
2) go to Effect - Noise Reduction
3) first select Get Noise Profile
4) then highlight the entire recording
5) again Effect - Noise Reduction
6) now select OK

> from 17:36 to 19:20: (p. 57) “Os preconceitos [...] etc [...] lagrimas e suavam sangre.” - here is a 2-minute-episode where, on and off, I hear a lot of background interference which can not be reduced by by Audacity. It sounds more like birds or children screaming nearby. You can have a listen and decide if you want to re-record that section. Your reading is still well understandable like this, but it might enhance the listening pleasure to have less noise in the background. This is optional though

> at 18:58: (p. 57) “bens e males da minha vida – here there is a loud noise like a door banging, which startled me, maybe this part of the sentence would really best be re-recorded. Just record it in a new Audacity window, noise clean it a bit, amplify it to the same volume as the previous recording, then copy/paste it into the right spot. Very easy to do. :)

> at 38:00: (p. 71) “Lentz, olhando a floresta” – I noticed you left out all the names of who was speaking when. I would probably have included them, but it's ok, you chose to do it like a stage play. But here you need to say this sentence, because there is a qualifying addition to the name. Such things would also get included in audio-drama

> at 39:30: (p. 72) “Milkau, olhando a matta” - same here, this sentence needs to be included

> at 39:41: (p. 72) “sustentado em suas infimas moleculas” – you say “infinitas”, which is a change in meaning

> at 40:12: (p. 72) missing sentence: “E apontando para a vegetação no alto de uma rocha”. Even if this is in brackets, we have the rule not to change what the author wrote, so it needs to be included

That's all. It's really well done and there were not that many errors. In fact you only have to re-record 5 sentences, and if you wish, this 2-minute part as well. For a text of 3/4 hour, that's not many corrections. You did really great.

If you have any questions still, don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks

Sonia
EvandroCunha

Post by EvandroCunha »

Ansioso por ver o trabalho completo, por favor nos deixe saber quando estiver concluído.

Foi bem legal participar disto, espero participar de outros.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

EvandroCunha wrote: October 8th, 2018, 6:15 am Ansioso por ver o trabalho completo, por favor nos deixe saber quando estiver concluído.
Foi bem legal participar disto, espero participar de outros.
well, we are only waiting for Marcio for the last section, but he has only recently claimed and the chapter is long. So it may take a bit still. But I post the finished archive link here, once it's finished.

Meanwhile, I see you over in the Contos do Norte :9:

Sonia
MickyMe

Post by MickyMe »

Here is chapter 2 again.
I recorded the whole thing one more time. It should sound more natural now, with less background noise.
Well, you may hear the cicadas... Lentz and Milkau surely heard them in the forest too.

file: https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/canaa_02_aranha_128kb.mp3

duration: 40:12
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

MickyMe wrote: October 13th, 2018, 5:12 am Here is chapter 2 again.
I recorded the whole thing one more time.
oh no ! :( this was not necessary. You only had 6 small errors, this would have saved us all overall a lot of time if you had only corrected what I mentioned in my notes. That is why I gave you the exact time stamps, to find the places immediately.

First it must have taken you hours to re-record and edit this all once more, hours which you could have used on recording a new section. Secondly, it will take me another hour at least to listen to it all again, instead of only making a spot PL at the places where I had some notes, which would only have taken me five minutes. And thirdly, the risk that you will have another error, big or small, is very high with a new recording.

These are all the reasons why we don't encourage new recordings, but rather edit our sections. If it was only a small poem of a minute or two, it wouldn't matter, but this is a very long chapter and it is a lot of time-consuming.

I know you meant well and didn't consider these reasons, since you are new here. But please, for next time, editing is much more recommendable so you need to learn how to edit your sections. It's really not that difficult and will economize a lot of time and effort. If you have questions concerning the editing process, don't hesitate to ask. :)

I will probably not have time to listen to the section this weekend. It will have to wait till Monday.

Sonia