Hello from Tennessee

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
RoseJennings

Post by RoseJennings »

Hi. I’ve been reading aloud to my dad every day since I was 11, it’s become a family tradition. The first I heard of audiobooks, I thought to myself “I’m gonna do that when I grow up” and immediately recruited him as guinea pig.
I am an Autistic doll collecting book coloring fangirl Artist with severe Dysautonomia, Gastoparesis, and mild diabetes. I grew up on a farm and I have a cat named Frida.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hello Rose and a warm welcome to the forum.

I'm sure your dad was an interested guinea pig in your narrations ! Well, you'll be amply prepared to read audiobooks on here then. The best way before you launch in a "real" recording is to do a one-minute-test and post it here in a new thread: viewforum.php?f=21 This is to make sure all your technical settings are correct. We need Mono recordings, bitrate 128 kbps, volume between 86 and 92 dB. That sort of thing. You have it all detailed in your welcome mail, I think.

Once your test got the official OK from another LibriVox member, you can participate in any project on offer.

You may have to shoo Frida out of the room while recording. Cats have a tendency to meow at the most unappropriate moments. :lol:

Have fun !

Sonia