[COMPLETE][solo] Adventure Flemington by Violet Jacob - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Nedge

Post by Nedge »

I think I'll wait until you get through the whole thing, and then I will do all of the edits. Thank you !

Nan
"Ready, willing, and vaguely competent." -- Sandra Boynton, 2021
terrybenn

Post by terrybenn »

And we're back at work.

15 PL OK

16 PL OK. Nice singing.

17 3:14 There's a pause here. Sounds like you swallowed or took a sip.
18:39 ...Watching her... Volume keeps going up.
Checks volume is 85.9.

18 PL OK

9 more to go.

T
terrybenn

Post by terrybenn »

19 PL OK

20 PL OK

21 PL OK
terrybenn

Post by terrybenn »

22 is PL OK.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

terrybenn wrote: September 24th, 2018, 7:19 pm16 PL OK. Nice singing.
I'd like to chime in here, concerning the use of songs in our recordings. Can you please confirm that you "invented" this melody yourself right on the spot and put it in the public domain hereby ?

Because if the song is composed by someone else, the copyright problem may occur again, we need to make sure it's in the public domain, just like with our texts. :? That's why we try to keep musical scores and other special effects to a minimum. The easiest is to invent a melody if you really want to include singing.

And I agree with Terry: nice singing :thumbs:

Sonia
Nedge

Post by Nedge »

I feel a bit like Helen Keller, who wrote a story at one point and she fully believed it was original.

As far as I know, the melody/melodies I used were made up by me. I've listened to them multiple times, but nothing jumps out at me as anything I've heard before.
Nedge

Post by Nedge »

I can keep it simple and say it, not sing it. But, for example, in the last book that I finished, a "beautiful blacksmith" told the young lady and her brother what sound he would be if he could be a sound. He waxed poetic about all sorts of things, but decided he wanted to be a song. It turned into an old lullaby called "Sweet and Low."

Just looked it up and it is a song (turned into a song from a Tennyson poem). The date is 1850.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweet_and_Low_(poem)

I think I'll stick to talking from now on, but I think the Sweet and Low song is okay. The book is "The Fairy Prince and Other Stories," which was added to the catalog in the last few days.

Thanks for the "food for thought." I will be more aware when I get the urge to sing in the future. :)

Nan
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Nedge wrote: October 4th, 2018, 12:39 pm Just looked it up and it is a song (turned into a song from a Tennyson poem). The date is 1850.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweet_and_Low_(poem)
the date for the poem is 1850 but the year for the song is not mentioned here. And the tune you were singing is not the same tune, correct ?
Nedge wrote: October 4th, 2018, 12:39 pmI can keep it simple and say it, not sing it.
I think I'll stick to talking from now on
Thanks for the "food for thought." I will be more aware when I get the urge to sing in the future. :)
oh no, you misunderstood me ! I don't mind singing at all, in fact I also sometimes include tunes if there is an obvious song in the chapter. I also already invented melodies for poems that I was singing then. So please don't hold back on that. I only wanted to make you aware of the PD problem with tunes that exist. So I usually invent my own things, and since you seem to be doing that as well, all is in the clear. :thumbs:

:)

Sonia
Nedge

Post by Nedge »

Kitty, this book is still listed as collaborative. Who can I write to to change it to solo?

Thanks,

Nan
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Nedge wrote: October 5th, 2018, 2:57 pm Kitty, this book is still listed as collaborative. Who can I write to to change it to solo?
me :lol: Sorry...I thought I had changed it already but it must have slipped my mind. It's changed to Solo now. :)

Thanks for reminding me.

Sonia
Nedge

Post by Nedge »

Thank you!
Nedge

Post by Nedge »

terrybenn

Post by terrybenn »

12, 14 and 17 are PL OK.
Nedge

Post by Nedge »

Five chapters to go! Yay! (I'm not rushing you. I know you have work issues and other things to do. And I just got a job !! !! !! )

:clap:
terrybenn

Post by terrybenn »

Nedge wrote: October 11th, 2018, 8:08 am And I just got a job !! !! !! )
Congrats!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I want to get this finished asap. I have the day off so let's get it done!

23 20:29 ...have dealt trouble with... should be ...have dealt double with...