[Complete] Woodcraft Boys at Sunset Island by May Folwell Hoisington and Lillian Elizabeth Roy - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Hi Lynnet,
In the MW ellies' section of chapter 9 is put down as chapter 8, making everything else jump a number. (That explains why GillH was signed up for chapter 8 according to the feed when, according to the MW, ellies was signed up for it instead.) I'm not quite sure how to fix that.
Thanks,
~JayKitty
~ πš˜πš— πš‘πš’πšŠπšπšžπšœ ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Ellies,
You have a very sweet reading voice! I just have some PL notes for chapter 9:

Throughout the song 'Strike, Strike the Bell' you say 'Refrain'. I would cut that as that is technically not part of the song.
I would rerecord this song only, and nothing else (Strike, Strike the Bell) if it's not too much trouble. I'd recommend singing it straight through with no interruptions, breaks, or skipping around. I know it's more like a traditional song if you go to the verse, and refrain, and chorus, and back again (etc) but I'd prefer it if it was simply sang straight through as it is written on Gutenberg.com.
Thank you for your upload, chapter 9 sounds fantastic!
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Chapters 8 and 9 were accidentally switched, causing the confusion. I have switched them back, and the files are as they should be.
ellies

Post by ellies »

JayKitty76 wrote: ↑September 25th, 2018, 2:06 pm Ellies,

Throughout the song 'Strike, Strike the Bell' you say 'Refrain'. I would cut that as that is technically not part of the song.
I would rerecord this song only, and nothing else (Strike, Strike the Bell) if it's not too much trouble. I'd recommend singing it straight through with no interruptions, breaks, or skipping around. I know it's more like a traditional song if you go to the verse, and refrain, and chorus, and back again (etc) but I'd prefer it if it was simply sang straight through as it is written on Gutenberg.com.
thank you! I cannot read music at all, but can pick up tunes fairly easily. I read from kindle, so it shows up slightly differently than the Gutenberg one. No problem at all, i can re-record that section tomorrow (Thursday and will re-post!

ellies
"The pure joy of reading and sharing with others, must never be taken for granted"- Elaine Conway 2018
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

ellies wrote: ↑September 26th, 2018, 9:46 am

thank you! I cannot read music at all, but can pick up tunes fairly easily. I read from kindle, so it shows up slightly differently than the Gutenberg one. No problem at all, i can re-record that section tomorrow (Thursday and will re-post!

ellies
Thank you ellies! I appreciate that :thumbs: great job!
~JayKitty
ellies

Post by ellies »

JayKitty76 wrote: ↑September 26th, 2018, 12:08 pm

ellies
~JayKitty

here goes. not quite as well sung as last time, but I tried!

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/sunsetisland_09_hoisington_128kb.mp3 24:25

thanks
ellies
"The pure joy of reading and sharing with others, must never be taken for granted"- Elaine Conway 2018
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

ellies wrote: ↑September 27th, 2018, 12:59 am
JayKitty76 wrote: ↑September 26th, 2018, 12:08 pm

ellies
~JayKitty

here goes. not quite as well sung as last time, but I tried!

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/sunsetisland_09_hoisington_128kb.mp3 24:25

thanks
ellies
Thank you
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Ellies,
Chapter 9 is absolutely perfect! Lovely song :D Thank you for your upload, and good job! :clap:

Thanks,
~JayKitty
clarksonr

Post by clarksonr »

Thanks, Roman
Pseudonym: Roman Noble
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

clarksonr wrote: ↑September 27th, 2018, 6:22 pm Here is Chapter 5 coming in at 19:16 https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/sunsetisland_05_hoisington_128kb.mp3
Thank you
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

clarksonr wrote: ↑September 27th, 2018, 6:22 pm Here is Chapter 5 coming in at 19:16 https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/sunsetisland_05_hoisington_128kb.mp3
Thank you for our final upload.
~JayKitty76
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Hi clarksonr,
Chapter 5 is very well read. You have a fantastic reading speed, it keeps the listeners very interested, good job. I just have a couple PL notes for it:

0:28~ you seem to have missed the chapter title ('Winning the Degree of Shingebis').

18:56~ you said 'Why is it', implying the quote was a question, instead of the direct exclamation of 'Why, it is..'.

Good job, and thank you for our final chapter.

~JayKitty76
clarksonr

Post by clarksonr »

JayKitty76 wrote: ↑October 3rd, 2018, 2:26 pm Hi clarksonr,
Chapter 5 is very well read. You have a fantastic reading speed, it keeps the listeners very interested, good job. I just have a couple PL notes for it:

0:28~ you seem to have missed the chapter title ('Winning the Degree of Shingebis').

18:56~ you said 'Why is it', implying the quote was a question, instead of the direct exclamation of 'Why, it is..'.

~JayKitty76
Thank you, here is the updated version with a new time of 19:17: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/sunsetisland_05_hoisington_128kb.mp3
Thanks, Roman
Pseudonym: Roman Noble
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

clarksonr wrote: ↑October 3rd, 2018, 5:22 pm
JayKitty76 wrote: ↑October 3rd, 2018, 2:26 pm Hi clarksonr,

~JayKitty76
Thank you, here is the updated version with a new time of 19:17: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/sunsetisland_05_hoisington_128kb.mp3
Thank you
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Clarksonr,
Chapter 5 is PL OK.