Trying out Twitch (AKA watch us edit ... ooh! ahh!)

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

For some reason, I can't get the video on my channel to play now. Maybe this is just me. It may be playing for others. But if you can't see it, click on the tab above that says "Collections" and I've uploaded it there. There's probably a better place for it. Don't know why it's not showing up under "Videos," but there you have it. I'm not really that tech-savvy, but sometimes I can figure some stuff out. :lol:

EDIT: Ok wait, now it is showing, so now there's a duplicate. :roll: Guess I got impatient. I'll delete the duplicate video. I'll try to do another of these sessions tomorrow night, maybe around midnight (Texas time), so if you are around to join me, please do! :D
DaleInTexas

Post by DaleInTexas »

mightyfelix wrote: October 2nd, 2018, 1:29 am
That sounds really cool, too! Would you be willing to organize that? I would make an effort to attend.
Devorah,
I may have some time to demo Zoom, this Friday, if you are game. Although I do not have my editing room set up, to demo my DAW on Zoom and show my editing process (at the moment), I can drag a laptop, iPad, and iPhone, into my recording booth, to demo the software, record the session, and let you practice hosting with it. If my schedule works out, maybe we can do it early (approx. 10:00am-12:00pm CDT) enough on Friday that anyone across the big pond may join, before it gets too late into their Friday evening.

~Let me know if you are interested. I will set up the meeting and send you the link to join.
Phil, Cori, Tova - are y'all interested in joining us, if I can carve out the time?
Dale
Dale Latham
Down on the Poor Farm
https://twitter.com/dalelatham
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

I have time that morning.
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

That time would work for me. Sounds fun!
DaleInTexas

Post by DaleInTexas »

Devorah and Phil,
I will PM you a link and PW to join my Zoom meeting, with any device. Ideally, much like Skype or Google Hangouts, you will need a mic, at minimum. A camera is optional. The video feed can be toggled on/off, if you have a camera. If you do not have a noise-canceling mic set up, you will need to monitor with headphones/ear buds/headset, to prevent a feedback loop. When you enter the room, I set it up with your mic auto-muted, upon entry.
Dale
Dale Latham
Down on the Poor Farm
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I plan to do another stream at around midnight tonight, Texas time. (About 6 hours from now.) This one will be a bit longer, and certainly will have more editing challenges than the one I did yesterday.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I'm starting another live stream in about half an hour. I'll be editing a section of my current solo, which means I'll be treating you to lots of my fake Scottish accent! :wink:

Here is the page again.

https://www.twitch.tv/mighty_felix
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Starting now! :D
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Great! :thumbs:
Thanks, SaraHale. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. :thumbs:
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

I can't hear your recording. But I can hear your voice.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

SaraHale wrote: October 3rd, 2018, 10:12 pm I can't hear your recording. But I can hear your voice.
Soooo... I don't know if you stayed on for the whole thing. I wouldn't blame you if not, since you couldn't hear the recording and that's kind of a big deal. I didn't see this post until I was basically done, about 45 minutes later. Wish I'd known sooner so I could troubleshoot!

The weird thing is that yesterday, when I first started playing my recording, I couldn't hear it, but Cori could. So I was like, oh, sweet, the program is picking up the audio directly from Audacity, even though it's not coming through my speakers. And then tonight it did something different. I have no answers.

I wasn't planning to do any more of these (except by popular demand :wink:), but now I might, just because I'm mad that this didn't work. :evil:
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

I'm really sorry. :cry: Actually, I'm going to sign up on Twitch to notify you the next time. The thing is I can hear you explaining the steps but not the recording. And I said okay the most important thing is the explanation.

I did hear the recording yesterday and it was perfect.

:cry: I'm sorry to say this but when you started correcting a sentence at 19:14. I couldn't hear anything at all. I thought it was my headphones. And I kept refreshing the page hoping to hear your voice again.

I couldn't hear you in the most important part for me. Correcting a sentence and trying to put it again to the main recording.

Please before you do this again (if you are doing it again), let me sign up so I can notify you as you go. I know I should have done that before.

Thanks!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I'm not sure what happened there, but I think what might have been going on was too much demand on my computer. Running Audacity and streaming at the same time I think was too much for it to process at the same time, and something had to give. :hmm: I think that was also about the same time that Audacity refused to record anything, which it had never done before. I will try to figure some stuff out, but not tonight. Dale posted about an idea of his using Zoom, several posts up. Right now it looks like we're planning that for Friday morning, which I believe would be Friday afternoon for you, about 4, if you're able to make it for that.
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

I hope that that will never happen again in your future recordings. About Zoom, I'm not 100% sure if I'll be available or not. If I'm free, I'll be a silent member. Or I could join you the next time.

Thanks so much, Devorah. I know it's late to say this but It's very nice to meet you. Have a lovely day.
DaleInTexas

Post by DaleInTexas »

DaleInTexas wrote: October 2nd, 2018, 9:31 pm Devorah and Phil,
I will PM you a link and PW to join my Zoom meeting, with any device.
Dale
In Texas we say: Y'all got mail.
Dale
Dale Latham
Down on the Poor Farm