Bonjour from France!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
ginique

Post by ginique »

Hello all!

My name is Ginne and I am an American living in France. :) For years, I have had a keen interest in doing voice work and recently found the courage to lend my voice to the mic. I am happy to be here, and looking forward to contributing as much as possible to the LibriVox team. :) If you have a minute, or less, please feel free to check out my test audio. I'd love your feedback!

Looking forward to conversing with all of you!

Ginne
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hello (again) Ginne. I already welcomed you in your one-minute test ;) and gave you feedback on it too. In case you can't find it back, here it is: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=71973

So if you live in France, you may be fluent enough in French to also participate in French projects :) If so, I'm looking forward to hearing you in one of our group projects. We are currently recording The picture of Dorian Gray in French translation.

Have fun on board !

Sonia
ginique

Post by ginique »

Thanks, Sonia! It's great to be here. :) Also, thank you for the feedback on my sample. I'll be revising it soon.

I would love to record French audiobooks! Alas, my French accent is pretty bad. It's decent enough to allow me to get through my day-to-day life here in France, but I'd never subject LibriVox listeners to it. :lol: I'm sure my French accent will improve with time, but until then, I'll stick to English. :mrgreen:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ginique wrote: October 5th, 2018, 1:14 pmI would love to record French audiobooks! Alas, my French accent is pretty bad. It's decent enough to allow me to get through my day-to-day life here in France, but I'd never subject LibriVox listeners to it. :lol: I'm sure my French accent will improve with time, but until then, I'll stick to English. :mrgreen:
well I figured it was worth a try to ask :mrgreen:

there's enough English projects to tuck into, you won't get bored.

I'll be on the lookout for your revised test. :)

have a nice weekend

Sonia