COMPLETE: Poems by T.S. Eliot -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply

Foon
Posts: 2781
Joined: May 10th, 2018, 2:33 pm

Post by Foon » September 26th, 2018, 2:36 am

Thank you Larry :thumbs:
Foon - Please correct my pronunciation!


Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Dialogues: Dialogues of the Gods
Play: Zeus the Tragedian

bdanzige
Posts: 124
Joined: August 22nd, 2016, 12:41 pm

Post by bdanzige » September 27th, 2018, 5:51 pm

Foon wrote:
September 16th, 2018, 4:23 am
bdanzige wrote:
September 16th, 2018, 3:26 am
If needed, I'll be glad to be DPL.
That would be great! Just to make sure you know what you're in for, there are a bunch of poems in French, or with lines in Italian and Latin. You don't need to be fluent in these languages, but it would be good if you're comfortable following along with it. :)
The Italian might give me some trouble but I'll try :D

bdanzige
Posts: 124
Joined: August 22nd, 2016, 12:41 pm

Post by bdanzige » September 27th, 2018, 6:02 pm

silverquill wrote:
September 13th, 2018, 6:51 am
1,11,14,18 would be good. Wish my Italian were better . . . to do the Love Song.
section 1:
At 3:09: it sould say "We have not reached conclusion" and you recorded :"We have not reached conclusion"
but besides that it is beautifully read! I loved your reading.
section 11:
PL OK. again, beautifully read.
section 14:
PL OK, maybe you can try to make longer pauses between lines. The rhymes will sound better that way.

Foon
Posts: 2781
Joined: May 10th, 2018, 2:33 pm

Post by Foon » September 28th, 2018, 4:17 am

bdanzige wrote:
September 27th, 2018, 6:02 pm
silverquill wrote:
September 13th, 2018, 6:51 am
1,11,14,18 would be good. Wish my Italian were better . . . to do the Love Song.
section 1:
At 3:09: it sould say "We have not reached conclusion" and you recorded :"We have not reached conclusion"
but besides that it is beautifully read! I loved your reading.
section 11:
PL OK. again, beautifully read.
section 14:
PL OK, maybe you can try to make longer pauses between lines. The rhymes will sound better that way.
Thanks for PLing these sections :)
Just a note, in your comment about section 1 both lines are the same; I assume you meant one to be different?

You should have access to the MW to change the status to "PL OK" or "See PL notes" for sections you PL. Do you need help with how to access it?
Foon - Please correct my pronunciation!


Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Dialogues: Dialogues of the Gods
Play: Zeus the Tragedian

mattbenzing
Posts: 85
Joined: August 8th, 2018, 12:43 pm

Post by mattbenzing » September 28th, 2018, 6:37 am

May I have section 3, "Sweeney Erect"?

Foon
Posts: 2781
Joined: May 10th, 2018, 2:33 pm

Post by Foon » September 28th, 2018, 7:20 am

mattbenzing wrote:
September 28th, 2018, 6:37 am
May I have section 3, "Sweeney Erect"?
All yours, thanks for claiming :thumbs:
Foon - Please correct my pronunciation!


Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Dialogues: Dialogues of the Gods
Play: Zeus the Tragedian

bdanzige
Posts: 124
Joined: August 22nd, 2016, 12:41 pm

Post by bdanzige » September 28th, 2018, 7:22 am

Foon wrote:
September 28th, 2018, 4:17 am
bdanzige wrote:
September 27th, 2018, 6:02 pm
silverquill wrote:
September 13th, 2018, 6:51 am
1,11,14,18 would be good. Wish my Italian were better . . . to do the Love Song.
section 1:
At 3:09: it sould say "We have not reached conclusion" and you recorded :"We have not reached conclusion"
but besides that it is beautifully read! I loved your reading.
section 11:
PL OK. again, beautifully read.
section 14:
PL OK, maybe you can try to make longer pauses between lines. The rhymes will sound better that way.
Thanks for PLing these sections :)
Just a note, in your comment about section 1 both lines are the same; I assume you meant one to be different?

You should have access to the MW to change the status to "PL OK" or "See PL notes" for sections you PL. Do you need help with how to access it?
sorry about section 1/ it should say: "We have not reached conclusion" and the recording is: "We have reached conclusion".
And I need help with how to access the magic window. Thank you.

Foon
Posts: 2781
Joined: May 10th, 2018, 2:33 pm

Post by Foon » September 28th, 2018, 8:25 am

bdanzige wrote:
September 28th, 2018, 7:22 am


sorry about section 1/ it should say: "We have not reached conclusion" and the recording is: "We have reached conclusion".
And I need help with how to access the magic window. Thank you.
Here are some instructions for the BC, the process for logging in as PL are the same. No need to look at the instructions on how to edit sections etc--that's my job in this project--but it should help you getting into the system and changing the PL status of the individual sections:
BC How-to;
and this is a more detailed version of the First Login instructions (with pictures)

Good luck, and let me know if you have questions. :)
Foon - Please correct my pronunciation!


Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Dialogues: Dialogues of the Gods
Play: Zeus the Tragedian

mattbenzing
Posts: 85
Joined: August 8th, 2018, 12:43 pm

Post by mattbenzing » September 28th, 2018, 9:42 am

I'll take Hippopotamus, Burbank with a Baedeker: Bleistein with a Cigar, and A Cooking Egg also.

mattbenzing
Posts: 85
Joined: August 8th, 2018, 12:43 pm

Post by mattbenzing » September 28th, 2018, 10:11 am


Foon
Posts: 2781
Joined: May 10th, 2018, 2:33 pm

Post by Foon » September 28th, 2018, 11:21 am

Thank you, Matt :thumbs:
Foon - Please correct my pronunciation!


Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Dialogues: Dialogues of the Gods
Play: Zeus the Tragedian

mattbenzing
Posts: 85
Joined: August 8th, 2018, 12:43 pm

Post by mattbenzing » September 29th, 2018, 5:50 am

Can I trade Hippopotamus for Cooking Egg? I already recorded it by mistake.

Foon
Posts: 2781
Joined: May 10th, 2018, 2:33 pm

Post by Foon » September 29th, 2018, 11:23 am

mattbenzing wrote:
September 29th, 2018, 5:50 am
Can I trade Hippopotamus for Cooking Egg? I already recorded it by mistake.
I've added you to section 8 and removed you from section 4--did I understand that correctly?
Also, please use section numbers when claiming, it makes the BC's job easier ;)
Foon - Please correct my pronunciation!


Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Dialogues: Dialogues of the Gods
Play: Zeus the Tragedian

mattbenzing
Posts: 85
Joined: August 8th, 2018, 12:43 pm

Post by mattbenzing » October 1st, 2018, 11:41 am

Yeah, that's what I meant. Thanks!

Post Reply