'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Carolin (Crln Yldz Ksr) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you so much for all the books you have put to audio! I love, love, love your reading style. I get completely lost in the books thanks to you. :D

All of Crln's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for kayray (Kara Shallenberg) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I absolutely adore your work for librivox! Your reading always draws me in, makes the story shine. I'm a huge fan!!!!

All of Kara's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for MaryAnnSpiegel (MaryAnnS) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hi Mary Ann,

I have listened to your recording of The Pilgrim's Progress and simply wanted to say thank you.

I am Kai from Germany and I am a Christian since the age of 24 (for more than ten years now).

For a while now, I have got quite a way in the car to get to work: about 45 minutes one way. I want to use that time for meaningful things. Hence I pray, meditate or do all sorts of things. Lately, I thought to listen to an audio book. But it ought to be profitable to me. That's where I found your recording. I very much enjoyed it and although I had read the book before, it definitely was very profitable to me.

And besides the virtue of the book I also very much liked your voice and style of reading. :)

Thanks so much for spending all that time to read the book to Us! May God bless you, Mary Ann.

I hope these lines uplift you and maybe even encourage you to record more profitable books, if you wish to do so.

Many greetings, Kai

All of MaryAnnS' recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Mermaid (Mil Nicholson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you for this excellent reading of one of my favourite books.

On a separate note - Audible have just released a new version of "Our Mutual Friend", read by "Stacy Newman" and published by Oregan Publishing. I listened to a sample out of interest, and found that it appears to be identical to Mil's reading on Librivox.

Regards,
Danny
and...

Great Expectations

https://librivox.org/great-expectations-version-3-by-charles-dickens/

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for the time you spent recording Great Expectations. It is a mammoth undertaking. WIth your varied voices you brought the characters to life. Your timing made the story flow very well. I enjoyed it so much I regretting coming to the end of it. It took a lot of time and a lot of care. I see you did Oliver Twist. I'll listen to it next

Thank you

All of Mil's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for neckertb (Nadine Neckert-Boulet) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you so very much for your readings of Madame Bovary and other works.
Your voice and the way you treat the text is amazing.
Thank you again, you made my life more beautiful than it was, and surely i'm not the only one.
Blessings

All of Nadine's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for pipesdreams (Moira Fogarty) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hello LibriVox/Moira,

At the very outset I must say LibriVox is a wonderful platform that shares knowledge and fulfills a book reader's thirst in the most beautiful manner. Every recording seems like music to the ear.

I have finished the book "The Art of War" by Sun Tzu and I am very eager to thank Moira Fogarty for the wonderful reading of the book which made it such a great audiobook. Thank you Moira for your precious time and the dedicated recording with such clarity in voice and diction. It was a really amazing piece. Keep doing the good work. Would love to hear more of your audiobooks.

I am immensely grateful to LibriVox for providing us this public domain of knowledge and sharing. Keep doing the wonderful work and I wish you great success in the future.

Regards from a book enthusiast,
Annie

All of Moira's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for accousticwaves (accousticwaves) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

AccousticWave,

I have only the experience of you segment 8 of Three Weeks by Elinor Glyn. But I was so struck by your voice—paced, deep and sonorous—that I went to see what you had recorded as a solo reader. Disappointedly I found nothing.

So, this is my encouragement! Please record a solo project. It would surely be a success! I would try out any book you recorded.

So, sally forth! I love your voice.

Jay
All of accousticwaves' recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
praChirp

Post by praChirp »

icequeen wrote: September 17th, 2018, 8:16 pm Praise received for praChirp (Prachi Pendse) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hi, Prachi,

I want to thank you very much for your reading of David Hilbert's 'Mathematical Problems'. Your voice is clear, your pace is good, your pronounciations of proper names and French and German titles and phrases are easily understandable. Mostly, it was just a great help to me to be able to hear the speech spoken in English. I am working on a B. S. in Mathematics and am collecting materials for a paper on Hilbert and being able to listen to this speech while on walks and back and forth to work has been a big help. Thank you very much for taking the time to record this speech. I hope you record more math-related works in the future!

With kind regards,
Zoe

All of Prachi's recordings!
This makes me so happy!!! I never knew about the "Thank a reader" feature before!!!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for johng (John Greenman) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hi,

The family just wanted to say your readings were fabulous.... we loved the timbre of your voice and the authenticity you brought to the characters. Tom Sawyer was so good we launched straight in to Huckleberry Fin.
More please.

Just brilliant, keep up the good work !
and...
Thank you John for a wonderful first experience with Libribox. I will look for the other books you´ve recorded, kind of hooked on that voice now :-)
Thank you sooo much for such a fantastic audio.

https://librivox.org/the-30000-bequest-and-other-stories-by-mark-twain/

Gloria

All of John's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gypsygirl (Karen Savage) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

We (3 sisters who love stories)

Love your reading style! It is clear

And dramatic and all in all Lovely!

Thankyou So Much for recording.

We have listened to The Treasure

Seekers
and will look for more!

A Big Thankyou from the Trio

All of Karen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for clifford (Nicholas Clifford) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Mr. Clifford,

I can't thank you enough for your wonderful readings on Librivox. I've been ill and often unable to read, and your voice has been both solace and a pleasure. I first heard you read two of my favorite authors, Henry James and Mary Roberts Rinehart, and recently you have introduced me to A.E. Mason. You may even teach me to like Trollope, although I can't make any promises.

Best wishes and, again, my heartfelt thanks.

Linda

All of Nicholas' recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for English Andrew (Andrew Coleman) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Mailed $200 USD check to you using the San Francisco mailing address. Don't know the name of the narrator of Martin Luther's Prologue to the Epistle to the Romans, but he did an outstanding job in my opinion! (He has a British accent)

Also appreciate the digital audio narrations of Thomas Akempis' Immitation of Christ.

John

All of Andrew's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gloriana (Elizabeth Klett) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

It was about two weeks ago. I have been on this vampire kick. I had a hunger for an exciting vampire adventure, one that would captivate me and whet my palate. Among my searching online i came upon a YouTube video, with the laylah picture, that caught my mind. I slightly cringed at the words, "audio book". But I decided to click the link, relax, and listen. I was simply amazed. Fast forward 2 hours, and this beautiful voice reading has my full attention. I had never heard of the Carmilla story, and now i cannot forget.
. i want to say, that Elizabeth does an amazing job. I cannot even specify exactly what it is that makes it such an enjoyable experience. I remained intrigued. I could almost feel the the story happening around me. Thank you Elizabeth. -Brian.

All of Elizabeth's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for johntkucz (John Kooz), prwells32 (Patrick Wells), and neckertb (Nadine Eckert-Boulet) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Book: Facing the Flag

Thank you for dedicating your time to bring us a wonderful rendition of a Jules Verne novel that I would have probably have missed out on.

With regards, Teodor

All of John's recordings!
All of Patrick's recordings!
All of Nadine's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for canalbase1 (Dave Wills) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hi Dave,

I’ve just finished listening to The Mysteries of London, Volume I, parts one and two, as well as all of Volume II, and I wanted to thank you for your generous contribution of talent to the works.

I remember the first moments of hearing one of your collaborative chapters in Volume I and thinking, “wow, this guy has a voice like a cello!” And then being even more happily surprised to discover you don’t just have a nice voice, but a great skill for dialects and characters! It really brought both the aristocrats and the impoverished of the story to life.

So thanks, Dave, for the time and effort and talent you poured into The Mysteries of London. It has been enjoyed and appreciated by many besides myself, I’m sure.

I’m a long-time commercial voice-over person, and haven’t really done audiobooks yet. But inspired by you and some others at Librivox, I’ve decided to volunteer, and have submitted my “1 Minute Test” file.

Again, thanks for your generosity in recording for Librivox!

All of Dave's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!