[COMPLETE]World's Story 4: Greece and Rome - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Fishfish

Post by Fishfish »

Hello! I was recording section 45 and I think there's a typo in the text? The character's name Caius Marcius was spelt wrong in the first line (I think) because it's spelt differently in later passages and I did a quick google search to confirm it. Is it alright if I change the pronunciation to the correct spelling or should I pronounce it the way it's written?
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Fishfish wrote: September 24th, 2018, 10:27 am Hello! I was recording section 45 and I think there's a typo in the text? The character's name Caius Marcius was spelt wrong in the first line (I think) because it's spelt differently in later passages and I did a quick google search to confirm it. Is it alright if I change the pronunciation to the correct spelling or should I pronounce it the way it's written?
thanks for asking. Yes, the rule is we should not change what the author wrote, but if it is an obvious typo, like in this case, we can well correct it. So unless he was called Caius Marius Marcius, I think it's safe to assume it was a typo here.

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

The battle of Marathon is also PL ok. Quite an interesting and action-filled story. I was surprised he didn't mention the run of the first marathon by this fabled messenger :hmm: or was there a second battle of Marathon when that happened ?

Thank you again, Jim !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

adr6090 wrote: September 24th, 2018, 11:48 am https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume04_66_tappan_128kb.mp3 time 06:23
Sonia,
Here is another one.
April
:lol: now that was a funny one. Yes, I can understand that people would want to get rid of tenacious bores who cling to you during a walk. :mrgreen:

PL ok. Good job, thanks !

Sonia
eWinters

Post by eWinters »

Everyone has to start somewhere, so here is my somewhere.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_04_89_tappan_128kb.mp3

Hope I didn't overthink it or butcher it too badly while learning how to use Audacity!

~Erik
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

eWinters wrote: September 25th, 2018, 4:49 am Everyone has to start somewhere, so here is my somewhere.
Hope I didn't overthink it or butcher it too badly while learning how to use Audacity!
~Erik
thank you, I will have a listen and let you know ;) could you please always tell us the length of the file ?

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

eWinters wrote: September 25th, 2018, 4:49 amEveryone has to start somewhere, so here is my somewhere.
and an absolutely great start it is. :thumbs: The story is engagingly read and was a pleasure to listen to. Nothing to change on your style or expressiveness, it's easy to follow along and understand.

Intro/outro were perfect too, no textual errors either. There is only one small formal thingy that needs tweaking (sorry) :

> at the end, we leave a standard of 5 seconds of silence, and you stop more abruptly with barely 2 seconds. Could you add a bit to get to the required 5 seconds please ?

Please re-upload with the exact same file-name, then the new file will replace the old file in the Magic Window.

Thanks and congratulation on your first official section ! :)

Sonia
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Kitty wrote: September 25th, 2018, 1:14 am
adr6090 wrote: September 24th, 2018, 11:48 am https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume04_66_tappan_128kb.mp3 time 06:23
Sonia,
Here is another one.
April
:lol: now that was a funny one. Yes, I can understand that people would want to get rid of tenacious bores who cling to you during a walk. :mrgreen:

PL ok. Good job, thanks !

Sonia
It was a touch entertaining, pleased you had the same thought. :thumbs:
April
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Thanks for Marathon. Yes, I was looking for the breathless messenger as well. Jim
eWinters

Post by eWinters »

Kitty wrote: September 25th, 2018, 5:52 am
eWinters wrote: September 25th, 2018, 4:49 amEveryone has to start somewhere, so here is my somewhere.
and an absolutely great start it is. :thumbs: The story is engagingly read and was a pleasure to listen to. Nothing to change on your style or expressiveness, it's easy to follow along and understand.

Intro/outro were perfect too, no textual errors either. There is only one small formal thingy that needs tweaking (sorry) :

> at the end, we leave a standard of 5 seconds of silence, and you stop more abruptly with barely 2 seconds. Could you add a bit to get to the required 5 seconds please ?

Please re-upload with the exact same file-name, then the new file will replace the old file in the Magic Window.

Thanks and congratulation on your first official section ! :)

Sonia

Thanks for the kind words - added the silence and re-uploaded (it's 00:09:50 long)

~Erik
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

eWinters wrote: September 26th, 2018, 4:48 am Thanks for the kind words - added the silence and re-uploaded (it's 00:09:50 long)
~Erik
thank you, now indeed PL ok. Your first official section is in the box (how does it feel ? :mrgreen: )

Hopefully many more to come...

Sonia
eWinters

Post by eWinters »

Kitty wrote: September 26th, 2018, 5:00 am
eWinters wrote: September 26th, 2018, 4:48 am Thanks for the kind words - added the silence and re-uploaded (it's 00:09:50 long)
~Erik
thank you, now indeed PL ok. Your first official section is in the box (how does it feel ? :mrgreen: )

Hopefully many more to come...

Sonia

I just requested my next sections :D , I hope to finish section 92 of this one this weekend.

~Erik
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Hello Sonia,
May I please read section 71; The emperor Nero...?
April
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

Hi can I claim Section 43 How the Plebeians won their rights?
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."