[COMPLETE] The Suppressed Poems of Alfred Lord Tennyson - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
SterlingBronwyn
Posts: 12
Joined: May 29th, 2018, 5:58 pm
Location: Columbus, OH

Post by SterlingBronwyn » September 23rd, 2018, 7:55 pm

Hey!

I've only done a couple pieces so far, but I'd like to read Section 5 Song I' The Glooming Light and Section 22 National Song.

silverquill
Posts: 16543
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » September 23rd, 2018, 9:49 pm

~ Larry

Ren33
Posts: 15
Joined: April 20th, 2011, 9:41 am

Post by Ren33 » September 24th, 2018, 6:15 am

Thanks for the corrections, Foon.

Here is the new file with the adjustments made:
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/suppressedpoems_37_tennyson_128kb.mp3

Please let me know if there is anything else to correct.

- Erin -

Foon
Posts: 2856
Joined: May 10th, 2018, 2:33 pm

Post by Foon » September 24th, 2018, 6:24 am

Ren33 wrote:
September 24th, 2018, 6:15 am
Thanks for the corrections, Foon.

Here is the new file with the adjustments made:
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/suppressedpoems_37_tennyson_128kb.mp3

Please let me know if there is anything else to correct.

- Erin -
Thank you! I'll leave the proper prooflistening to Larry, our DPL :)
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!


Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian

Foon
Posts: 2856
Joined: May 10th, 2018, 2:33 pm

Post by Foon » September 24th, 2018, 6:34 am

Thanks, Larry!

Two small PL notes:
at 2:03 I hear "but he not you" where it should be "but be not you"
at 5:14 I hear "Muhammad" instead of "Mahmoud"
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!


Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian

Gypsymo4
Posts: 14
Joined: August 28th, 2018, 6:54 pm

Post by Gypsymo4 » September 24th, 2018, 12:13 pm

Foon wrote:
September 20th, 2018, 3:25 pm
Gypsymo4 wrote:
September 20th, 2018, 2:57 pm
Hello, I am a newbie and just passed my 1 minute test (yay!) I was hoping to give it a go on poem number 20 : Love.
I am thinking Renee Newcross for a name.
Hi Renee,
Welcome to LibriVox and to this project! I've signed you up for poem 20, and you now have a personal reader page in the catalog: https://librivox.org/reader/12791

Have fun recording the poem, and don't hesitate to ask any questions if you have them! :)

Cheers,
Foon
Hello Foon,
I do have one question - Do I say part 1,2, and 3? or just read straight through?
Thank you for the experience!
Renee

Foon
Posts: 2856
Joined: May 10th, 2018, 2:33 pm

Post by Foon » September 24th, 2018, 1:01 pm

Gypsymo4 wrote:
September 24th, 2018, 12:13 pm

Hello Foon,
I do have one question - Do I say part 1,2, and 3? or just read straight through?
Thank you for the experience!
Renee
Hi Renee,
Thanks for asking! I like to leave it up to the reader--if you think it's fitting to include, do so, but if you feel that it just breaks up the text unnecessarily, just leave them out ;)
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!


Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian

adr6090
Posts: 2754
Joined: May 31st, 2016, 11:05 am
Location: Cottonwood, California

Post by adr6090 » September 24th, 2018, 2:33 pm


Foon
Posts: 2856
Joined: May 10th, 2018, 2:33 pm

Post by Foon » September 24th, 2018, 2:36 pm

Thank you April :thumbs:
I'm assuming that the duration of 44 is 1:07, not 1 min 70 seconds? ;)
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!


Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian

adr6090
Posts: 2754
Joined: May 31st, 2016, 11:05 am
Location: Cottonwood, California

Post by adr6090 » September 24th, 2018, 2:41 pm

Foon wrote:
September 24th, 2018, 2:36 pm
Thank you April :thumbs:
I'm assuming that the duration of 44 is 1:07, not 1 min 70 seconds? ;)
the checker shows the time to be 1:7
Wouldn't that be one minute & 70 seconds?
April

Foon
Posts: 2856
Joined: May 10th, 2018, 2:33 pm

Post by Foon » September 24th, 2018, 2:44 pm

adr6090 wrote:
September 24th, 2018, 2:41 pm
Foon wrote:
September 24th, 2018, 2:36 pm
Thank you April :thumbs:
I'm assuming that the duration of 44 is 1:07, not 1 min 70 seconds? ;)

the checker shows the time to be 1:7
Wouldn't that be one minute & 70 seconds?
April
Well, 1 min 70 seconds would rather be 2m10s ;)
Checker is a bit weird, it leaves out the 0 if the number of seconds is less than 10. So if checker says 1:7, it actually means 1:07. :D
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!


Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian

adr6090
Posts: 2754
Joined: May 31st, 2016, 11:05 am
Location: Cottonwood, California

Post by adr6090 » September 24th, 2018, 3:02 pm

Foon wrote:
September 24th, 2018, 2:44 pm
adr6090 wrote:
September 24th, 2018, 2:41 pm
Foon wrote:
September 24th, 2018, 2:36 pm
Thank you April :thumbs:
I'm assuming that the duration of 44 is 1:07, not 1 min 70 seconds? ;)

the checker shows the time to be 1:7
Wouldn't that be one minute & 70 seconds?
April
Well, 1 min 70 seconds would rather be 2m10s ;)
Checker is a bit weird, it leaves out the 0 if the number of seconds is less than 10. So if checker says 1:7, it actually means 1:07. :D
I realize that 1 min 70 seconds does not actually exist. :oops:
Checker is "being a bit weird", great phrase on your part and I agree with it. ha ha.
Thank you.
April

msfry
Posts: 7581
Joined: June 4th, 2013, 9:09 am
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Contact:

Post by msfry » September 25th, 2018, 8:17 pm

May I please claim 6 and 23? Lovely, lovely poems.
Michele Fry, CC
"There is no frigate like a book to take us lands away, Nor any coursers like a page of prancing poetry." ~ Emily Dickinson

Love Stories #4
Coffee Break Collection #30 - Mythical Creatures


Foon
Posts: 2856
Joined: May 10th, 2018, 2:33 pm

Post by Foon » September 26th, 2018, 2:34 am

Thank you both :thumbs:
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!


Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian

Post Reply