[COMPLETE]World's Story 4: Greece and Rome - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

KTBMedia wrote: September 21st, 2018, 12:07 pm Hey guys! Brief update, I apologize for not having updated in a bit, the school year started and the first few weeks are always the most hectic. I'm pretty much settled in now though so I can work more on this stuff.

I've already finished recording section 18 and am editing it right now, I should have that up later tonight.
great ! thanks for keeping us updated :thumbs: looking forward to your section.

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Kitty wrote: September 20th, 2018, 11:42 pm
adr6090 wrote: September 19th, 2018, 3:31 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume04_65_tappan_128kb.mp3 time 06:50
Sonia,
Here it is & I hope it is better. :D
April
thank you, April, yes this is indeed perfect. PL ok. :)

Sonia
:D
April
benderca

Post by benderca »

62 At the funeral of Caesar (44 B.C.) by William Shakespeare, Fourth Citizen:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume04_62_fourthcitizen_128kb.mp3

Ahh, yes, honorable men! I played the part of Antony on stage in high school... :D
KTBMedia

Post by KTBMedia »

Section 18:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume04_18_tappan_128kb.mp3

Yikes, the hardest part about this for me is figuring out the pronunciation of certain words. I find myself flubbing up certain phrases or needing to pause every paragraph to look up how to say something, making these a nightmare to edit.

Gonna get to work on 17 now!
"No, he doesn't row."
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

KTBMedia wrote: September 21st, 2018, 5:07 pmYikes, the hardest part about this for me is figuring out the pronunciation of certain words. I find myself flubbing up certain phrases or needing to pause every paragraph to look up how to say something, making these a nightmare to edit.
thanks so much ! Will try to PL this afternoon still. Could you please always state the length of a section ?
Gonna get to work on 17 now!
good luck with that one. You are brave to tackle one of the longest sections in this project. Let's hope the names will not give you too much trouble there.
benderca wrote:62 At the funeral of Caesar (44 B.C.) by William Shakespeare, Fourth Citizen:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume04_62_fourthcitizen_128kb.mp3

Ahh, yes, honorable men! I played the part of Antony on stage in high school... :D
you were Antony ? Cool, so you knew this speech by heart still ?

will PL your honourable mob-member soon :lol: thanks

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

benderca wrote: September 21st, 2018, 4:21 pm 62 At the funeral of Caesar (44 B.C.) by William Shakespeare, Fourth Citizen:
well done, TJ. You sound like one of the "nicer" crowd members (until you participate in the "kill, slay" chant :lol: ). Everything perfectly PL ok. Thanks for the contribution.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

KTBMedia wrote: September 21st, 2018, 5:07 pm Section 18:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume04_18_tappan_128kb.mp3
Yikes, the hardest part about this for me is figuring out the pronunciation of certain words.
I just had a listen to this interesting story. And I think you did a wonderful job with all the Greek names :thumbs: They sound quite accurate to my ears at least :lol: Wonderfully narrated, all of it, it was a pleasure to listen to.

I only have a few notes to make, nothing difficult:

> at 3:19: (p. 113) could you please place the footnote immediately after the words "two oboli to every one" at 3:11. This also enables you to stick to our "do not change what the author wrote"-rule, so just say "Footnote - about eight cents - End of Footnote".

> at 5:06: (p. 114) "by the party which Themistocles headed" - you say "heeded" which is a change in meaning

> at 14:18: between the end of the story and the final disclaimer, this pause seems too long. 2 seconds is fully enough.

> also careful at the end, we should leave 5 seconds. You have 6 here, which is ok, you don't need to change it this time, but don't let them become even longer ;)

Thanks for yet another informative story

Sonia
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote: September 22nd, 2018, 5:34 amSection 76 - Thumbs Down
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume04_76_tappan_128kb.mp3
awww the Vestal Virgins are really a blood-hungry bunch. :evil: so cruel.

But nice reading Alan, and no errors at all. I felt the pause between the intro and the start of the text was a bit long to wait for the story to begin, but since there is no other error, I think it's ok. No need to change anything. PL ok.

Thank you :)

Sonia
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

May I add section 34 Marco Bozzaris to my list?
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
eWinters

Post by eWinters »

Kitty wrote: September 21st, 2018, 3:49 am
eWinters wrote: September 21st, 2018, 3:46 am I would like to claim sections 89 and 92 (Since nobody else wanted to deal with the Goths? :lol: )
~Erik
hey ! cool that you found your way to this project :9: Of course I can sign you up to deal with the Goths :mrgreen: Since this is your first recording, I need to create a reader page for you. Under what reader name do you want to be known by, your real name, or forum nick, or whatever you wish. Just let me know.

You'll find all the details about filenaming and intro/outro in the first post underneath the Magic Window. Have fun !

Sonia
I think to keep it easy, I'll stick with eWinters as my reader name.
~Erik
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote: September 22nd, 2018, 8:12 pm May I add section 34 Marco Bozzaris to my list?
of course you may, thank you so much :)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

eWinters wrote: September 23rd, 2018, 3:06 amI think to keep it easy, I'll stick with eWinters as my reader name.
~Erik
all right, thank you for clarification. You are officially signed up now and here is your brand-new reader page: https://librivox.org/reader/12795
as you can see, the project is listed already. All the projects you will participate in will be listed in this page, so it's a nice record of your work later on. :)
If you click on Reader Section Details, you can see which sections are still to be recorded, which have PL notes or are already PL ok.

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: September 23rd, 2018, 11:53 am Here are a couple:
thank you, Jim. Greek Girls playing ball is already PL ok, but I leave the battle of Marathon for tomorrow, the section is a bit long for tonight, as I am pressed for time. :)

Sonia