COMPLETE[PLAY]The Gay Lord Quex by Arthur Wing Pinero - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: September 21st, 2018, 2:28 pm Here is Valma/Pollitt. Not a big role, sadly.
yes, I was hoping he would at least have a palming seance with one of the ladies. :( But unfortunately we only hear the outcome of that via the ladies' discussions afterwards. Nevertheless, I like your characterization of Valma. Especially in the scene with Quex, you sound so haughty and lofty, I liked that very much.

Everything perfect and PL ok. Thanks!

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: September 21st, 2018, 10:38 amAct 3, which has some wonderful turns of events and changes in emotion - is missing a line at 2:00
Tsch, tsch! help me. [The Duchess is standing before the cheval-glass, which conceals her from the audience. With Sophy's aid, she slips out of her dress and puts herself into the tea-gown, while she talks to Mrs. Eden.] Miss Eden is not well to-night, I am afraid. She didn't come into the drawing-room.
Duchess Act 3 reloaded with missing lines:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/gaylordquex_duchess_strood_3_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 12:53 min.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: September 22nd, 2018, 2:11 pm
ToddHW wrote: September 21st, 2018, 10:38 amAct 3, which has some wonderful turns of events and changes in emotion - is missing a line at 2:00
Tsch, tsch! help me. [The Duchess is standing before the cheval-glass, which conceals her from the audience. With Sophy's aid, she slips out of her dress and puts herself into the tea-gown, while she talks to Mrs. Eden.] Miss Eden is not well to-night, I am afraid. She didn't come into the drawing-room.
Duchess Act 3 reloaded with missing lines:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/gaylordquex_duchess_strood_3_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 12:53 min.

Sonia
PL OK now.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: September 30th, 2018, 12:17 pm Acts 2 and 3 of Quex.
Such skulduggery!
ah but I was greatly enjoying this skulduggery :mrgreen: At the beginning, your lord Quex looks quite unable to defend himself against the double assault of Sophy and the Duchess, but then later on, he shows his real potential as blackguard 8-) Yes I think Sophy didn't bargain with such a resistence. You're at your best when you are quite threatening. Who would have thought....

This was excellently acted out, I loved every minute of it. :thumbs: Both acts PL ok. Act 2 was a bit below 86 dB though, but you'll arrange that later on anyway.

Looking forward to the rest now.

Thanks

Sonia
bluechien

Post by bluechien »

Eva D
If we do meet again, why, we shall smile;
If not, why then, this parting was well made.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

bluechien wrote: October 19th, 2018, 9:18 pm that little bit of a thing, miss claridge:
thank you, Eva, Miss Claridge is absolutely PL ok. Is it just my impression or is she being a bit snappish with Miss Fullgarney ? I had the impression she is not altogether happy with her boss ;) :lol: She has a more honey-sweet voice with the customers.

Nice characterization.

Sonia
bluechien

Post by bluechien »

Well ... Miss Fullgarney just isn't very flirty, is all!
Eva D
If we do meet again, why, we shall smile;
If not, why then, this parting was well made.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

bluechien wrote: October 20th, 2018, 7:31 pm Well ... Miss Fullgarney just isn't very flirty, is all!
Haha take a look at Act 2 and then tell me she isn't flirty. :wink:
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Oops! This project has just jumped up to the top of my queue - I'm afraid I had forgotten about it! I'll get to recording this one next, but I'm afraid I'm going to need an extension on the 2 month limit, which was during last week. I can do it in the next fortnight, if that suits.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Elizabby wrote: October 20th, 2018, 10:39 pm Oops! This project has just jumped up to the top of my queue - I'm afraid I had forgotten about it! I'll get to recording this one next, but I'm afraid I'm going to need an extension on the 2 month limit, which was during last week. I can do it in the next fortnight, if that suits.
Yes, you may have an extension.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Quex, act 4, is in the MW for PL.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: October 21st, 2018, 6:52 pmQuex, act 4, is in the MW for PL.
ahhh you brought this performance wonderfully to a close, Todd. I loooooove that moment when Quex realizes that he may lose Muriel to exactly the kind of blackguard he had been in his youth. He gets a taste of his own medicine and he doesn't like it. :lol: I like the temper your displaying here. :thumbs:

everything PL ok, and wonderfully acted out.

I had to smirk at your voice credit. Do you really want to be credited as "gay lord Quex" ? :mrgreen:

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: October 22nd, 2018, 6:14 am
ToddHW wrote: October 21st, 2018, 6:52 pmQuex, act 4, is in the MW for PL.
ahhh you brought this performance wonderfully to a close, Todd. I loooooove that moment when Quex realizes that he may lose Muriel to exactly the kind of blackguard he had been in his youth. He gets a taste of his own medicine and he doesn't like it. :lol: I like the temper your displaying here. :thumbs:

everything PL ok, and wonderfully acted out.

I had to smirk at your voice credit. Do you really want to be credited as "gay lord Quex" ? :mrgreen:

Sonia
Nah, my real voice credit in the Act 1 file has "The Marquess of Quex".

Thanks, Todd