COMPLETE[PLAY]Psyche by Molière - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 8789
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » September 10th, 2018, 3:43 pm

Thank you.

Todd

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18239
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » September 11th, 2018, 12:54 am

benderca wrote:
September 10th, 2018, 2:00 pm
The evil step-sister conniving some more:
Aglaura, Act 2:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/psyche_aglaura_2_128kb.mp3
Aglaura, Act 4:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/psyche_aglaura_4_128kb.mp3
wow, you really outdid yourself here with venom :thumbs: Especially this extreme change in tone at the end of this sentence: "This dazzling palace and this stately equipage are a display hateful to me" gave me the shudders. You sound like the perfect Evil Queen in a fairy tale. :mrgreen:

Aglaura is totally PL ok. Thanks for teaming up with me as evil sisters. I had a lot of fun doing this and I think you too.

Sonia

alanmapstone
Posts: 1135
Joined: February 15th, 2012, 12:20 pm
Location: Oxford

Post by alanmapstone » September 22nd, 2018, 7:05 am

alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18239
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » September 22nd, 2018, 8:28 am

alanmapstone wrote:
September 22nd, 2018, 7:05 am
The King act 2
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/psyche_king_2.mp3
what a sad farewell scene in this play. The king at least really suffers (unlike the two sisters :lol: ). Very sensitively acted, Alan. Well done. PL ok. Thank you

Sonia

alanmapstone
Posts: 1135
Joined: February 15th, 2012, 12:20 pm
Location: Oxford

Post by alanmapstone » September 22nd, 2018, 8:18 pm

As there are a lot of unclaimed roles in this play may I offer to read Palemon in the prologue and Zephyr in act 3?
alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 8789
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » September 23rd, 2018, 5:42 am

Thank you.

Todd

Carolin
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 42372
Joined: May 26th, 2010, 8:54 am
Location: the Netherlands
Contact:

Post by Carolin » November 28th, 2018, 8:44 am

hi todd, i can read aegiale for you :)
Carolin

Please help us finish The Theory and Practice of Brewing and learn about beer!

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18239
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » November 29th, 2018, 12:16 am

Carolin wrote:
November 28th, 2018, 8:44 am
hi todd, i can read aegiale for you :)
yay, thank you, Carolin. I sign you up for one of the Graces. :9:

Sonia

Carolin
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 42372
Joined: May 26th, 2010, 8:54 am
Location: the Netherlands
Contact:

Post by Carolin » December 2nd, 2018, 3:36 am

Carolin

Please help us finish The Theory and Practice of Brewing and learn about beer!

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18239
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » December 3rd, 2018, 3:27 am

once more, excellent. I like the bit of a husky voice you gave your character. She sounds quite graceful indeed in her demeanour, very fitting. :thumbs:

a couple of notes here though:

> for the voice credit, could you please say “Aegiale, a Grace read by Carolin”

> from 0:08-0:24: “A peace profound” etc. The Graces actually do not take part in the chorus of divinities, they only appear later with Venus. But on further consideration, you can leave it in, maybe Todd wants to include it in the second chorus even though the graces are not named as taking part. :hmm: Probably best to leave him the option.

thanks

Sonia

Carolin
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 42372
Joined: May 26th, 2010, 8:54 am
Location: the Netherlands
Contact:

Post by Carolin » December 4th, 2018, 4:03 am

fixed the voice credit
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/psyche_aegiale_prologue_128kb.mp3

i left the chorus, it can always be cut out :)
Carolin

Please help us finish The Theory and Practice of Brewing and learn about beer!

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18239
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » December 4th, 2018, 4:13 am

Carolin wrote:
December 4th, 2018, 4:03 am
fixed the voice credit
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/psyche_aegiale_prologue_128kb.mp3
i left the chorus, it can always be cut out :)
yes, that was my reasoning as well in the end. Thank you, it's now PL ok. :)

Sonia

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 8789
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » December 15th, 2018, 9:59 am

Stage directions in MW for PL. What a change from PInero's directions!

Note - I combined prologue and Act 1 for now. Likely will be able to keep it this way.

Thanks, Todd

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18239
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » December 15th, 2018, 12:14 pm

ToddHW wrote:
December 15th, 2018, 9:59 am
Stage directions in MW for PL. What a change from PInero's directions!
:shock: indeed, this is so much shorter. Molière didn't needlessly give stage directions for every facial expression :lol: (or at least the translator didn't give them)

nicely done, Todd. I only was a bit puzzled by the way you pronounced Psyche. I've never heard it spoken like that. But by the end I was used to it. Strangely enough, in the phrase "Psyche's lover" you said it the way I am used to hearing it. :hmm:

Anyway: Acts 1, 2 and 4 are already PL ok.

PL notes for Acts 3 and 5:

Act 3:

> at 0:45: Scene 4: Love, Psyche - you say Psyche, Zephyr

> at 1:03: you forgot to say "Love, Psyche" after the intro to the third interlude, but maybe that is not necessary, as they don't speak at all there. Actually I noticed in Act 5 you once added Love, Psyche, even though it was missing in the script. Maybe Gutenberg put them at the wrong place :hmm: although this would have been far away from the correct spot.

Act 5:

> at 1:41: optional if you want to include "translated by Charles Heron Wall" in the outro

Great, now you can start assembling already :9:

Sonia

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 8789
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » December 15th, 2018, 12:27 pm

Kitty wrote:
December 15th, 2018, 12:14 pm
ToddHW wrote:
December 15th, 2018, 9:59 am
Stage directions in MW for PL. What a change from PInero's directions!
:shock: indeed, this is so much shorter. Molière didn't needlessly give stage directions for every facial expression :lol: (or at least the translator didn't give them)

nicely done, Todd. I only was a bit puzzled by the way you pronounced Psyche. I've never heard it spoken like that. But by the end I was used to it. Strangely enough, in the phrase "Psyche's lover" you said it the way I am used to hearing it. :hmm:

Anyway: Acts 1, 2 and 4 are already PL ok.

PL notes for Acts 3 and 5:

Act 3:

> at 0:45: Scene 4: Love, Psyche - you say Psyche, Zephyr

> at 1:03: you forgot to say "Love, Psyche" after the intro to the third interlude, but maybe that is not necessary, as they don't speak at all there. Actually I noticed in Act 5 you once added Love, Psyche, even though it was missing in the script. Maybe Gutenberg put them at the wrong place :hmm: although this would have been far away from the correct spot.

Act 5:

> at 1:41: optional if you want to include "translated by Charles Heron Wall" in the outro

Great, now you can start assembling already :9:

Sonia
I made the first change to Act 3; the second item "error" was intentional and I did not change.

I added the translator to the outro at end of Act 5.

Thanks, Todd

Post Reply