[COMPLETE] The Suppressed Poems of Alfred Lord Tennyson - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Foon

Post by Foon »

Larry,

PL notes section 2:
0:48 repeat "Who will riddle me"
1:00 repeat "What do they there"
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

BTW, the number 4 is an UNlucky number in China -- Japan and Korea as well -- because it sounds like the word for "death." I've seen buildings where the fourth floor is skipped, or the fourth floor is left blank on the elevator buttons. Superstitions about numbers have a very long history.
Oops - I had it exactly backwards. I knew there was something about the number 4, though! :lol:
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

TriciaG wrote: September 18th, 2018, 5:59 am
BTW, the number 4 is an UNlucky number in China -- Japan and Korea as well -- because it sounds like the word for "death." I've seen buildings where the fourth floor is skipped, or the fourth floor is left blank on the elevator buttons. Superstitions about numbers have a very long history.
Oops - I had it exactly backwards. I knew there was something about the number 4, though! :lol:
Sounds as though the number 4 in China, Japan and Korea is similar to the number 13 in the USA, not good.
Though, I am not one of the many who detest the number so possibly that will make the number 4 an okay number for me. :clap:
April
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Foon wrote: September 18th, 2018, 3:57 am Larry,

PL notes section 2:
0:48 repeat "Who will riddle me"
1:00 repeat "What do they there"
Wow, I must have been even more tired than I thought last night when I did this!
Anyway, thanks for catching that. I've uploaded the corrected file:

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/suppressedpoems_02_tennyson_128kb.mp3 2:30
~ Larry
Foon

Post by Foon »

Thanks Larry, all good now :thumbs:
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Jude1972

Post by Jude1972 »

Foon

Post by Foon »

Thank you! They're in the MW for PL.

Note, though, that you have an extra ._ at the end of your filename. We'll see if Larry brings up any PL notes, but if you need to reupload, please change that ;)

Readers needed:
Jude1972

Post by Jude1972 »

Foon

Post by Foon »

Readers needed:
Gypsymo4

Post by Gypsymo4 »

Hello, I am a newbie and just passed my 1 minute test (yay!) I was hoping to give it a go on poem number 20 : Love.
I am thinking Renee Newcross for a name.
Foon

Post by Foon »

Gypsymo4 wrote: September 20th, 2018, 2:57 pm Hello, I am a newbie and just passed my 1 minute test (yay!) I was hoping to give it a go on poem number 20 : Love.
I am thinking Renee Newcross for a name.
Hi Renee,
Welcome to LibriVox and to this project! I've signed you up for poem 20, and you now have a personal reader page in the catalog: https://librivox.org/reader/12791

Have fun recording the poem, and don't hesitate to ask any questions if you have them! :)

Cheers,
Foon

Readers needed:
Ren33

Post by Ren33 »

Hello - I am new and would like to read (#37) O Darling Room.

Thanks,
- Erin -
Foon

Post by Foon »

Ren33 wrote: September 20th, 2018, 3:40 pm Hello - I am new and would like to read (#37) O Darling Room.

Thanks,
- Erin -
You're welcome to read that poem!

I see that you originally joined LV a long time ago and just got back. It might be worth doing a 1-minute test again, to make sure your settings are correct, etc. After all, a lot can change over the years!

Readers needed:
Ren33

Post by Ren33 »

Foon

Post by Foon »

Ren33 wrote: September 21st, 2018, 8:22 am O Darling Room - complete
Recording (00:59)

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/suppressedpoems_37_tennyson.mp3
Hi there,
Thanks for your quick submission! I quickly checked the technical specs on your file since you didn't do a recent 1-minute test (I'll leave the actual listening to our DPL! :D), and a few issues came up:

- Your recording is in Stereo, whereas we need it in Mono. You can change this in your mp3 export settings.
- Your recording has a bit rate of 320 kbps, whereas we need 128 kbps. This is also found in your mp3 export settings.
- The volume of your recording is rather low, at 78.7 dB, where we aim for 89 dB, with an accepted range of 86-92. So you'd need to amplify your whole recording by about 10 dB.

Additionally, the file name should be suppressedpoems_37_tennyson_128kb.mp3. So when you make the changes to your settings, please name your file accordingly. :)

Cheers,
Foon

Readers needed: