[COMPLETE]World's Story 4: Greece and Rome - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

adr6090 wrote: September 18th, 2018, 11:54 am https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume04_65_tappan_128kb.mp3 time 06:50
Here is one more Sonia.
ok, finally also got around to listening to your section :) excellently read again. This style is so typical for some Latin letters I had to translate in my Latin course at university. :lol: Listening to it brought some memories back from those times.

I have three small corrections to note this time:

> at 0:33: (p. 402) "footnote" - you can cut that word out, as this is not a real footnote. We don't need to say this with the editor's note at the beginning. Simple read "the editor" after the text (which you did)

> at 0:59: (p. 402) "end of footnote" - can be cut out as well

> at 5:26: (p. 404) "if fortune does but stand by me" - you say "if fortune does not stand by me" if my ears don't mistake me :hmm: and this means the exact opposite then

The rest was totally fine. Thanks

Sonia
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Kitty wrote: September 18th, 2018, 11:21 pm
adr6090 wrote: September 18th, 2018, 11:54 am https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume04_65_tappan_128kb.mp3 time 06:50
Here is one more Sonia.
thank you, April ! Will try to PL today still, but it's a bit hectic here right now :lol:

Sonia
Take your time, I am not planning on going anywhere do please do not rush to get this checked off of your list.
April
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

adr6090 wrote: September 19th, 2018, 11:31 am Take your time, I am not planning on going anywhere do please do not rush to get this checked off of your list.
actually I just PLed it ;)

Sonia
Fishfish

Post by Fishfish »

Hi! I would like to try out recording the 'When Coriolanus spared Rome' or 'The emperor Nero on the stage' or 'Peace with the Goths or war' section please? I'm new, in fact I haven't passed my one-minute recording yet, but I submitted my audio file. I saw there are reserved places so I thought to try my luck too! Thank you!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Fishfish wrote: September 19th, 2018, 2:25 pm Hi! I would like to try out recording the 'When Coriolanus spared Rome' or 'The emperor Nero on the stage' or 'Peace with the Goths or war' section please? I'm new, in fact I haven't passed my one-minute recording yet, but I submitted my audio file. I saw there are reserved places so I thought to try my luck too! Thank you!
hello Fishfish :)

welcome to the forum and thanks for your interest in this project.

Great that you started with a one-minute-test. I'm a bit pressed for time right now, but if by tomorrow no one has given you feedback yet, I will take a look. Pending that, I can reserve you a section already. You can do whichever you like, but if you are totally new to recording, maybe starting with a shorter section would be best, so "When Coriolanus spared Rome" is the shortest of the ones you chose. I will reserve it for you.

I also need to know under which reader name you want to record. Can be the same as your forum name or your real name or whatever. Then I can open a personal reader page for you. Just let me know.

Once the test is passed, please read the first post carefully, you will find info on intro/outro and file naming.

Thanks, and good luck with your first recording.

Sonia
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume04_65_tappan_128kb.mp3 time 06:50

Sonia,
Here it is & I hope it is better. :D
April
Fishfish

Post by Fishfish »

Kitty wrote: September 19th, 2018, 2:41 pm hello Fishfish :)

welcome to the forum and thanks for your interest in this project.

Great that you started with a one-minute-test. I'm a bit pressed for time right now, but if by tomorrow no one has given you feedback yet, I will take a look. Pending that, I can reserve you a section already. You can do whichever you like, but if you are totally new to recording, maybe starting with a shorter section would be best, so "When Coriolanus spared Rome" is the shortest of the ones you chose. I will reserve it for you.

I also need to know under which reader name you want to record. Can be the same as your forum name or your real name or whatever. Then I can open a personal reader page for you. Just let me know.

Once the test is passed, please read the first post carefully, you will find info on intro/outro and file naming.

Thanks, and good luck with your first recording.

Sonia
Hi Sonia,

Thank you very much! I’m thinking of re-recording the test by tomorrow night with the correct software and settings (I got it all set up and ready), so please take your time.
And may I have my reader name as Ting Cleary please, thank you!

Fish
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Fishfish wrote: September 19th, 2018, 4:13 pmAnd may I have my reader name as Ting Cleary please, thank you!
So and as promised, here is your brand new reader page: https://librivox.org/reader/12790

you can see all the projects listed here where you are participating. So for the moment there is only one :mrgreen: but more to come hopefully. If you click on reader section details, you'll see all your claims, and which are PL ok or have PL notes to attend to. It's a great tool to find all your projects back ;)

Now have fun with your first official section. So I signed you up for 45. Coriolanus, and if you want to come back for more, don't hesitate. :9:

Sonia
Fishfish

Post by Fishfish »

Thank you very much! I will do my best!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume04_48_tappan_128kb.mp3
6:47

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume04_74_tappan_128kb.mp3
6:28

Section 72 is recorded, I just didn't feel like editing it tonight.

I found section 74 particularly interesting!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

adr6090 wrote: September 19th, 2018, 3:31 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume04_65_tappan_128kb.mp3 time 06:50
Sonia,
Here it is & I hope it is better. :D
April
thank you, April, yes this is indeed perfect. PL ok. :)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

mightyfelix wrote: September 20th, 2018, 6:56 pmSection 72 is recorded, I just didn't feel like editing it tonight.
I found section 74 particularly interesting!
Both 48 and 74 are perfectly PL ok, Devorah and wonderfully narrated. :9: Indeed, Pliny's letter reminded me a lot of the practices of the Spanish Inquisition, with the exception that the emperor is forbidding accusations by anonymous parties. This should be preventing the outbreak of a witch-hunt and settling accounts with people you have a grudge against.

Thanks for those two interesting articles. :)

Sonia
eWinters

Post by eWinters »

I would like to claim sections 89 and 92 (Since nobody else wanted to deal with the Goths? :lol: )

~Erik
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

eWinters wrote: September 21st, 2018, 3:46 am I would like to claim sections 89 and 92 (Since nobody else wanted to deal with the Goths? :lol: )
~Erik
hey ! cool that you found your way to this project :9: Of course I can sign you up to deal with the Goths :mrgreen: Since this is your first recording, I need to create a reader page for you. Under what reader name do you want to be known by, your real name, or forum nick, or whatever you wish. Just let me know.

You'll find all the details about filenaming and intro/outro in the first post underneath the Magic Window. Have fun !

Sonia
KTBMedia

Post by KTBMedia »

Hey guys! Brief update, I apologize for not having updated in a bit, the school year started and the first few weeks are always the most hectic. I'm pretty much settled in now though so I can work more on this stuff.

I've already finished recording section 18 and am editing it right now, I should have that up later tonight.
"No, he doesn't row."