[SOLVED] Readiness for BCing?

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Hi,
I am trying to figure out if I am experienced enough to start my own project. I’m currently DPLing Woodcraft Boys at Sunset Island and have recorded portions of The Chinese Kitten, The Story of John Wesley, and the dramatic reading of Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm. I am also just about to do the title role of Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm. Does anyone know, is this enough LibriVox experience to begin my own project? Thanks,
-JayKitty76
~ πš˜πš— πš‘πš’πšŠπšπšžπšœ ~
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

JayKitty76 wrote: ↑September 15th, 2018, 9:06 am Does anyone know, is this enough LibriVox experience to begin my own project?
You mean, you want to do a Solo?

For my feeling, yes, you have enough experience. You can handle the MW because you did DPL and you participated in some projects, so, go ahead and have fun! :thumbs:
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Yay thanks! I was planning to do a group project of Tom Sawyer once I’m finished with all my current projects. Thanks for the quick feedback!
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

JayKitty76 wrote: ↑September 15th, 2018, 9:42 am Yay thanks! I was planning to do a group project of Tom Sawyer once I’m finished with all my current projects. Thanks for the quick feedback!
A soloist is automatically the BC or coordinator of his/her project. This means they will maintain the magic window. But a book coordinator (BC) can be the person who sets up a group project and then oversees it, acknowledging claims for sections, putting the claims into the magic window, and things like that. Neither is very complicated or hard. You definitely can be a BC! Just ask for help from your MC (meta coordinator - magic beings who appear from nowhere). I have a video of being a BC but need to check it for currency.
Peruvian owls always hunt in pairs because they are inca hoots.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Thank you philchenevert. I’ve watched several of your YouTube videos for Audacity and they are very helpful. Thank you for your assistance in this topic.
-JayKitty76
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Thank you.
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

How do I see the uploads on the server for my project? Or is that just available to MCs?
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

You can view the list of uploaded files at the link below by navigating to the appropriate MC folder.

https://librivox.org/uploads/
Jo
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

knotyouraveragejo wrote: ↑September 15th, 2018, 2:01 pm You can view the list of uploaded files at the link below by navigating to the appropriate MC folder.

https://librivox.org/uploads/
Great, thank you so much. I’ll bookmark this topic.
kayray

Post by kayray »

I knew you'd find help here, JayKitty :) PM me when you start your Tom Sawyer and maybe I'll claim a chapter :)
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

kayray wrote: ↑September 16th, 2018, 10:51 am I knew you'd find help here, JayKitty :) PM me when you start your Tom Sawyer and maybe I'll claim a chapter :)
I just have to finish my current projects (Rebecca in Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm, all the DPLing, etc) first. Thank you so much- I will PM you when I begin:)
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

One more thing: how do I toggle the title to [solved] ? Thanks,
~JayKitty
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

You ask an admin to do it for you - or I think you can edit your own post to add it to the title (it's not a toggle; it's just text).

Oh, lookie there! It has been done for you! 8-)
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

TriciaG wrote: ↑September 18th, 2018, 1:50 pm You ask an admin to do it for you - or I think you can edit your own post to add it to the title (it's not a toggle; it's just text).

Oh, lookie there! It has been done for you! 8-)
Thanks!