Hello from Sacramento CA

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Smilingjade

Post by Smilingjade »

Hi everyone! I am new to this and would like to explore and see how I can get started to helping out as a narrator. Newbie at this but really excited! I listen too tons of audiobooks primarily on audible.com.

Love to get some guidance on how to navigate my way easily to my first assignment !

Waving hand,
Smilingjade
tatjupiter

Post by tatjupiter »

Hello,

I'm a newbie too!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hello Jade :)

a belated but warm welcome to LibriVox. I see you had some questions on how to navigate around here. Yes, the forum can be a bit daunting for newbies. So here are some valuable links:

The best thing to start out with is recording a short one minute test, upload it and post it here: viewforum.php?f=21 This is to check that all your technical settings are up to LV standards. Someone will come along and give you feedback and help if needed.

Once you get the ok for your test the entire forum is open for you to participate in any project you like.

Here are the principal subforums, depending on your tastes:

1) if you like poems or short stories, children's books etc, you'll find them here: viewforum.php?f=19
They are probably the best way to start out with, as a short poem is quickly done and you'll get feedback faster usually.
There is a weekly poem for example, where every week another poem is read. This project is archived at a weekly basis (obviously) so you won't have long to wait before you see your first participation online, if that's what you wish.

2) novels and non-fiction books of any kind with longer chapters usually can be found here: viewforum.php?f=2

3) then there is the drama forum, if you feel inclined to play a role and act out: viewforum.php?f=27
lots of dramatic readings or stage plays on offer, and you can play any role still available

4) if you want to record in any language OTHER than English, here are some multilingual projects: viewforum.php?f=60

on top of recording, we also need help in other areas, for example:

5) if you are good at graphics, you can help out creating small covers for our finished ebooks :9: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28785

6) if you rather listen than record, you can help out with prooflistening sections. Check out the projects that have a tilde ~ in front of the title. That means they are in need of a prooflistener.

These are the main areas of interest I would say. You probably find your niche soon enough. If you have any questions, never hesitate to ask. Nobody is biting. :D

Have a nice weekend !

Sonia