COMPLETE The Spanish Brothers by Deborah Alcock -rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
AdeledePignerolles

Post by AdeledePignerolles »

Juliano chapter 7 is PL OK :)
Adele

Post by benderca »

AdeledePignerolles wrote: August 27th, 2018, 7:27 pm Juliano chapter 7 is PL OK :)
Great, thanks! I've got the other chapters recorded already, just not edited. I've collected a bit of a backlog of projects to be edited. :D (I love to record, but hate to edit... :wink: ). :?
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

linny wrote: June 9th, 2018, 9:56 am Chapter 13
2:30 Juan’s lines are much louder than the narration. I was reading along and didn’t notice the wave change visually. When I heard them, I actually jumped.

Chapter 14
Volume is too high at 94.8dB
You might consider compression or leveling as an option when lowering the volume as some of the character lines are already much softer than the narration and may become too low to hear; e.g. 3:00

Chapter 15
Volume is too high at 95.0dB
Please amplify the opening “Chapter 15” before lowering the overall volume.

Chapter 16
2:42 - He was not much changed by his campaign, except that his dark cheek wore a deeper bronze, and his face was adorned with a formidable pair of bigotes.
These words are too low to hear, please amplify.
I've managed to fix Chapters 13, 14, 15, but in Chapter 16 the phrase is too distorted when amplified, I think it's better to be re-recorded, so Adele if you can provide just the sentence in a separate file, I can edit the phrase in Chapter 16.

Also Chapter 7 is ready for PL. Linny if you're seeing this, and you're available :9: :help: :9:
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/spanishbrothers_07_alcock_128kb.mp3 15:33
linny

Post by linny »

I have a really busy couple of days but can certainly PL by Saturday. Did you want me to also spot pl the chapters you worked on?
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

There is no hurry, the weekend is fine, and more chapters might accumulate! Like, chapter 17 is also ready for PL. Don't feel you have to do it because I asked, though; we can always advertise for a PL help!

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/spanishbrothers_17_alcock_128kb.mp3 17:42

Yes, Spot-PLing would be good, to make sure they uploaded alright!
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Chapters 18-21 are ready for PL.

For Chapter 22, there are some missing lines of Gonsalvo, read by Kristingj, here in bold:

"Some fools there be," Don Gonsalvo continued after a pause, "who have run to the Triana, and informed against themselves, thinking thereby to get off more easily. Fools, again I say, for their pains." And he emphasized his words by a pressure of the arm on which he was leaning.

Adele, will you contact Kristin to see if she's available to send in these lines?
linny

Post by linny »

13-15 are all spot check PL OK. I'll be back in a couple of days to PL for real. :wink:
Last edited by linny on September 13th, 2018, 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Thank you, linny!!! :9:
linny

Post by linny »

Chapter 7 is PL OK. I'll PL more tomorrow.

EDIT: Chapter 17 is PL OK.

Chapter 18 has a lot of background talking. Please take another listen and see if the quality is ok or if parts need to be recorded again.
0:20-0:30 (Adele)
2:52-3:00, 4:27-4:37 (Esther)

Chapter 19 is PL OK.

Chapter 20 is PL OK.

Chapter 21 is PL OK.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Thank you, linny! :clap:

Chapter 23 is also ready for PL, and I think that was the last one that had all parts in.

Regarding chapter 18, you're right! It's indeed distracting, but I think it doesn't overlay the recording. It's up to Adele!
linny

Post by linny »

I think 22 can also be edited.

23 is PL OK.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Thank you, linny! :D

For Chapter 22, there are some missing lines of Gonsalvo, read by Kristingj, here in bold:

"Some fools there be," Don Gonsalvo continued after a pause, "who have run to the Triana, and informed against themselves, thinking thereby to get off more easily. Fools, again I say, for their pains." And he emphasized his words by a pressure of the arm on which he was leaning.

Maybe Adele can contact Kristin to see if she's available to send in these lines.
AdeledePignerolles

Will do! :D I'll try to get more narrator recorded soon too.
Adele

Adele

Post by Rapunzelina »

Cheers, Adele!
Chapter 16
2:42 - He was not much changed by his campaign, except that his dark cheek wore a deeper bronze, and his face was adorned with a formidable pair of bigotes.
Chapter 16 is ready for a spot-PL. The edit starts around 2:37

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/spanishbrothers_16_alcock_128kb.mp3