COMPLETE: The Topaz Story Book by Ada and Eleanor Skinner, eds. - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

knotyouraveragejo wrote: September 7th, 2018, 12:42 pm Much confusion ensued over Larry's files, but they are indeed sections 14 and 15 (and were named correctly as such by Larry).
Whew! I was so afraid I had messed up. I've been away for a few days, and just checking in from the Denver Airport. I believe everything else I've claimed is correct, but I'll double check before I record and upload.
~ Larry
Nedge

Post by Nedge »

"Ready, willing, and vaguely competent." -- Sandra Boynton, 2021
Nedge

Post by Nedge »

terrybenn

Post by terrybenn »

Working on catching us up.

6 Volume is 83.8. Should be 86-92.

10 PL OK

14 PL OK

15 PL OK

16 Section # isn't needed with the title of the story

29 Section # isn't needed with the title of the story

37 PL OK
terrybenn

Post by terrybenn »

Here's the rest.

42 1:04 the wrong word is used. ...he cut food... should be ...he cut wood...
Also the ending should be End of Section #, not End of (title)

49 The section number is left out of the intro

53 PL OK

59 Pl OK

69 PL OK

70 The volume is 85.8. Should be 86-92.

71 PL OK

74 The 2nd paragraph that starts Each child ran... At :59 that paragraph starts over again. Delete the first part.

Okay, this is up to date.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

terrybenn wrote: September 11th, 2018, 2:16 pm49 The section number is left out of the intro
:hmm: I distinctly start out with the section number in 49... Could you specify please ? Maybe the recording got cut off at the beginning ?

Or do you mean right before the title of the story, at 0:27 ? Because I never repeated the section number a second time, in none of my stories here. As per instruction in the first post, after the full book title, we should start immediately with the section title, no number required.

Nan, if you want that, I can go back and insert it into each of my recordings so far. But then, please also change the first post, so it's more clear.

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
wordwork2

Post by wordwork2 »

Hello!

I would like to record sections 11 (The Gay Little King), 75 (A Turkey for the Stuffing) and 58 (The Discontented Pumpkin).

Thanks. :D
SlickWiggler

Post by SlickWiggler »

16 Section # isn't needed with the title of the story

29 Section # isn't needed with the title of the story
Here are the fixed versions of those, easy peasy lemon squeezy:
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/topazstorybook_16_skinner_128kb.mp3 (5:29)
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/topazstorybook_29_skinner_128kb.mp3 (6:31)
42 1:04 the wrong word is used. ...he cut food... should be ...he cut wood...
Damn, I don't know how I flubbed that. I'll fix it as soon as I can, but I live in eastern North Carolina and we're about to get slammed by a hurricane, so it might be a while. I can't really record when it's raining, and it's very likely we'll lose power for a while.
Also the ending should be End of Section #, not End of (title)
The first post needs to be edited to make that more clear, then, because it says
"For pieces under 800 words and for poems say "(Title) by (author) read by (reader's name) then at the end say "End of poem (or section name). This recording is in the public domain.""

I assumed that "section name" meant the title of the section, rather than the number. Again, I'll fix it as soon as the hurricane decides I'm allowed to, haha.
59 PL ok
Excellent! :)

I've got section 44 (The Three Golden Apples) recorded, I'm about to sit down and edit it right now. That should be done by the end of the day.
Please give me feedback! I'm always trying to improve!

Matt Bounds
terrybenn

Post by terrybenn »

Kitty wrote: September 11th, 2018, 11:07 pm
terrybenn wrote: September 11th, 2018, 2:16 pm49 The section number is left out of the intro
:hmm: I distinctly start out with the section number in 49... Could you specify please ? Maybe the recording got cut off at the beginning ?

Or do you mean right before the title of the story, at 0:27 ? Because I never repeated the section number a second time, in none of my stories here. As per instruction in the first post, after the full book title, we should start immediately with the section title, no number required.

Nan, if you want that, I can go back and insert it into each of my recordings so far. But then, please also change the first post, so it's more clear.

Sonia
Sonia, You're right. It's there now. Must of been a bad download. I usually go back and double check on that kind of thing. I did on one of the others in that list of PLs. No worries. I'll change it in the MW and I apologize.

T
terrybenn

Post by terrybenn »

SlickWiggler wrote: September 12th, 2018, 7:07 am Damn, I don't know how I flubbed that. I'll fix it as soon as I can, but I live in eastern North Carolina and we're about to get slammed by a hurricane, so it might be a while. I can't really record when it's raining, and it's very likely we'll lose power for a while.
No worries. I'm also in NC, so I understand totally. It's why I'm trying to get all my projects caught up before Friday. Let us know you're in one piece when it's over, though they're saying the track has shifted a bit more Southerly. Ya just never know with these storms. She could shift right back at the last minute. Will keep good thoughts for you and yours.

T
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

terrybenn wrote: September 12th, 2018, 9:24 amSonia, You're right. It's there now. Must of been a bad download. I usually go back and double check on that kind of thing. I did on one of the others in that list of PLs. No worries. I'll change it in the MW and I apologize.
ok, no worries :) I had trouble with a bad download for PL today as well. I'm glad it's ok.

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Nedge

Post by Nedge »

wordwork2, you got 'em -- thanks!

Those in the path of the storm, stay safe.

I will fix my flubs today, hopefully.

Nan
SlickWiggler

Post by SlickWiggler »

terrybenn wrote: September 12th, 2018, 9:28 am
SlickWiggler wrote: September 12th, 2018, 7:07 am Damn, I don't know how I flubbed that. I'll fix it as soon as I can, but I live in eastern North Carolina and we're about to get slammed by a hurricane, so it might be a while. I can't really record when it's raining, and it's very likely we'll lose power for a while.
No worries. I'm also in NC, so I understand totally. It's why I'm trying to get all my projects caught up before Friday. Let us know you're in one piece when it's over, though they're saying the track has shifted a bit more Southerly. Ya just never know with these storms. She could shift right back at the last minute. Will keep good thoughts for you and yours.

T
Yeah, it looks like it'll hit near Wilmington and then head south, so it's slightly better than it could be. Sadly I'm only about an hour north of Wilmington, so we're still going to get absolutely pounded, haha. You stay safe, I'll check back in once my power's back on (might be a week or two).

I've got section 44 edited, and this is likely the last thing I'll be able to do for LibriVox until we recover from the storm :(
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/topazstorybook_44_skinner_128kb.mp3 (25:59)
Please give me feedback! I'm always trying to improve!

Matt Bounds
Nedge

Post by Nedge »

adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Hello,
This sounds like a wonderful thread to take part in. May I please have sections 31; How the Chestnuts Burrs Became, 34; The Kind Old Oak & 51; Bush's Bravery?
April