'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Cori (Cori Samuel) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Cori Samuel:

My team and I at Florida State University wanted to thank you for your outstanding reading of Frankenstein on LibriVox. https://librivox.org/frankenstein-or-the-modern-prometheus-1818-by-mary-wollstonecraft-shelley/

My team and I create free, original, online interactive tutorials for K-12 students to learn and practice skills and concepts that are aligned to our state standards. Excerpts from your recordings of Frankenstein are now featured in a two-part English Language Arts tutorial where high school students analyze selected excerpts from Mary Shelley's novel and compare and contrast them to several film adaptations of her story. Students then analyze how the films' various adaptations of the novel change the audience's perception of the creature Shelley originally created.

Although we have several excellent in-house narrators, when possible, we really like to find outside narrators to read the texts or text excerpts we feature in English Language Arts tutorials to provide variety in our audio and increase engagement for students. Your reading of Frankenstein was exactly what we were looking for! The text you used in your narration was the exact version of Shelley's Frankenstein that we were using in our tutorial. In addition, we loved your articulation and pacing, and we loved your emphasis on certain word choices to help readers connect with Victor Frankenstein's loathing and the creature's frustration and despair.

Thank you so much for the work you put into your excellent recording and for making it available for everyone to enjoy! We know how much work goes into creating a great audio recording, and we appreciate your hard work and attention to detail.

If you'd like to see how your recording was utilized in our Frankenstein tutorials, please click on the link below.

http://www.cpalms.org/Public/PreviewResourceStudentTutorial/Preview/163618

We are also currently in the process of creating a high school English Language Arts tutorial that utilizes Edgar Allan Poe's "A Dream Within a Dream," and we are using your superb recording on LibriVox for this tutorial as well.

https://librivox.org/a-dream-within-a-dream-by-edgar-allan-poe/

Thank you again!

All the best,

Kris

All of Cori's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for kristin (Kristin Hughes) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Ms. Kristin Hughes:

My team and I at Florida State University wanted to thank you for your wonderful reading of The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde on LibriVox. https://librivox.org/the-strange-case-of-dr-jekyll-and-mr-hyde-by-robert-louis-stevenson-2

My team and I create free, original, online interactive tutorials for K-12 students to learn and practice skills and concepts that are aligned to our state standards. Excerpts from your recordings of Jekyll and Hyde are now featured in two of our English Language Arts tutorials where high school students analyze selected excerpts from the novel and learn how to cite textual evidence to support their analysis of a literary text. Students then go on to learn how to create a Poem in 2 Voices using evidence from this classic story.

Although we have several excellent in-house narrators, we really like to use outside narrators to read the texts or text excerpts we feature in English Language Arts tutorials to provide variety and increase engagement for students. Your reading of Jekyll and Hyde was exactly what we were looking for! We loved your articulation and pacing. We also loved your emphasis on certain word choices to help readers connect with Jekyll's initial excitement over his creation and then his increasing fear and loathing of his Hyde persona. Your narration also added the exact mood we were hoping to put forth in the text excerpts we selected for students to analyze.

Thank you so much for the work you put into your excellent recording and for making it available for everyone to freely enjoy! We know how much work goes into creating a great audio recording, and we appreciate your hard work and attention to detail.

If you'd like to see how your recording was utilized in our Jekyll and Hyde tutorials, please click on the link below.

http://www.cpalms.org/Public/PreviewResourceStudentTutorial/Preview/167668

Thank you again!

All the best,

Kris

All of Kristin's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for dandyrandy (Randy Phillips) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Mr. Randy Phillips:

My team and I at Florida State University wanted to thank you for your great reading of selected chapters from Treasure Island on LibriVox. https://librivox.org/treasure-island-by-robert-louis-stevenson/

My team and I create free, original, online interactive tutorials for K-12 students to learn and practice skills and concepts that are aligned to our state standards. An excerpt from your recordings of Treasure Island is now featured in the second part of a two-part high school English Language Arts tutorial. In this two-part tutorial, students are learning all about syntax and how writers vary syntax to create different effects. In part two, students are learning about complex sentence structures, distinguishing them from simple and compound sentences that they learned about in part one, and analyzing the effect of these types of structures as they are used in excerpts from Treasure Island.

Although we have several excellent in-house narrators, we really like to use outside narrators to read the texts or text excerpts we feature in English Language Arts tutorials to provide variety and increase engagement for students. When we selected certain excerpts from Treasure Island to use in this tutorial series, we were doubtful we could find any recordings of the specific excerpts we selected. However, we were delighted to find recordings for this novel on LibriVox. And, your reading of chapter 34 from Treasure Island was exactly what we were looking for! We loved your articulation and pacing, and we also loved the way your narration style made such complex language engaging and digestible for modern readers.

Thank you so much for the work you put into your recording and for making it available for everyone to freely enjoy! We know how much work goes into creating a great audio recording, and we appreciate your hard work and attention to detail.

If you'd like to see how your recording was utilized in our tutorial, please click on the link below.

http://www.cpalms.org/Public/PreviewResourceStudentTutorial/Preview/173632

Thank you again!

All the best,

Kris

All of Randy's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Adrian (Adrian Praetzellis) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Adrian Praetzellis:

Hello! My team and I at Florida State University wanted to thank you for your great reading of Treasure Island on LibriVox. https://librivox.org/treasure-island-by-robert-louis-stevenson-2/

My team and I create free, original, online interactive tutorials for K-12 students to learn and practice skills and concepts that are aligned to our state standards. An excerpt from your recordings of Treasure Island is now featured in the second part of a two-part high school English Language Arts tutorial. In this two-part tutorial, students are learning all about syntax and how writers vary syntax to create different effects. In part two, students are learning about complex sentence structures, distinguishing them from simple and compound sentences that they learned about in part one, and analyzing the effect of these types of structures as they are used in excerpts from Treasure Island.

Although we have several excellent in-house narrators, we really like to use outside narrators to read the texts or text excerpts we feature in English Language Arts tutorials to provide variety and increase engagement for students. When we selected certain excerpts from Treasure Island to use in this tutorial series, we were doubtful we could find any recordings of the specific excerpts we selected. However, we were delighted to find recordings for this novel on LibriVox. And, your reading of chapter 13 from Treasure Island was exactly what we were looking for! We loved the way your narration style made such complex language engaging and digestible for modern readers.

Thank you so much for the work you put into your recording and for making it available for everyone to freely enjoy! We know how much work goes into creating a great audio recording, and we appreciate your hard work and attention to detail.

If you'd like to see how your recording was utilized in our tutorial, please click on the link below.

http://www.cpalms.org/Public/PreviewResourceStudentTutorial/Preview/173632

Thank you again!

All the best,

Kris

All of Adrian's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gypsygirl (Karen Savage) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you very much for all those beautiful classics you have read for us, your enthusiasm and accuracy to impersonate each character makes every second of your reading a treat!.. Thank you!
and...

Dear Ms. Karen Savage:

Hello! My team and I at Florida State University wanted to thank you for your great reading of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice on LibriVox. https://librivox.org/pride-and-prejudice-by-jane-austen-2/

My team and I create free, original, online interactive tutorials for K-12 students to learn and practice skills and concepts that are aligned to our state standards. Excerpts from your recordings of Pride and Prejudice are featured in a four-part tutorial series for high school English Language Arts students. In this four-part series, students read and study excerpts from the novel, explore key topics, determine two themes, and analyze how these themes interact and build on one another throughout the novel.

Although we have several excellent in-house narrators, we really like to use outside narrators to read the texts or text excerpts we feature in English Language Arts tutorials to provide variety and increase engagement for students. This four-part tutorial series contains a great deal of text excerpts that students have to read, and we knew finding just the right recording of the novel was going to be critical to the success of these tutorials. When we found your recordings on LibriVox, we were overjoyed and felt they were exactly what we were looking for. We loved your articulation and pacing, we loved the way you used inflection and emphasis to make the humorous aspects of the novel even funnier, and we loved how you made such complex language engaging and digestible for modern readers. Your narration truly brought this classic work to life; and we think students, especially struggling readers, will gain a great deal from hearing your narration as they read the text.

Thank you so much for the work you put into your recording and for making it available for everyone to freely enjoy! We know how much work goes into creating a top notch audio recording, and we appreciate your hard work and attention to detail.

If you'd like to see how your recording was utilized in our tutorials, please click on the link below.

http://www.cpalms.org/Public/PreviewResourceStudentTutorial/Preview/174652

Thank you again!

All the best,

Kris

All of Karen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for edgood (Ed Good) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Mr. Ed Good:

Hello! My team and I at Florida State University wanted to thank you for your wonderful reading of Longfellow's "A Psalm of Life" on LibriVox. https://librivox.org/henry-wadsworth-longfellow-collection-001/

My team and I create free, original, online interactive tutorials for K-12 students to learn and practice skills and concepts that are aligned to our state standards. Your recording of "A Psalm of Life" is now featured in a high school English Language Arts tutorial where students learn how to determine multiple themes in a work of poetry.

Although we have several excellent in-house narrators, we really like to use outside narrators to read the texts or text excerpts we feature in English Language Arts tutorials to provide variety and increase engagement for students. Your recording of Longfellow's poem was exactly what we were looking for. We loved your articulation and pacing of this poem, and we loved how your narration style really bought this classic (and now too often overlooked poem) to life for modern readers. We think your engaging and articulate recording will also be a big help for struggling readers who will listen to your narration as they read the poem.

Thank you so much for the work you put into your recording and for making it available for everyone to freely enjoy! We know how much work goes into creating an excellent audio recording, and we appreciate your hard work and attention to detail.

http://www.cpalms.org/Public/PreviewResourceStudentTutorial/Preview/173442

Thank you again!

All the best,

Kris

All of Ed's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for thadine (Joy Chan) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hi Joy,

I would just like to thank you for the pleasure you've given me through your beautiful reading of the KJ Bible on Librivox. I have always wanted to be able to pronounce all those difficult names in Chronicles, and now, with your help, I am learning how to. 😊

Also, notice you have other books on Librivox, which I will be downloading onto my MP3 player to take with me into hospital. (I have subglottic stenosis and need regular operations to keep my airway open.) Lying in the ward can seem so long without anything to occupy the mind, and your voice is so calming, it will be wonderful to listen to your readings.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate all your work at Librivox (and everyone else's too).

God bless you abundantly,

Sharon

All of Joy's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
DACSoft

Post by DACSoft »

Dear Stacy and Marilyn,

Thank you for your kind words. I am glad you are enjoying the Baseball Joe audio books and appreciate that you have taken the time to tell me so.

In turn, I like to record books that I liked to read when younger, and that are appropriate for those of all ages. It is wonderful to hear when parents and children spend some quality time reading or listening to books together.

Thank you again for writing. It made the day even brighter. :)

Don
icequeen wrote: September 11th, 2018, 9:26 pm Praise received for DACSoft (Donald Cummings) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Mr Cummings,

My mom and I just wanted to let you know how much we have enjoyed the first 3 Baseball Joe books. Your reading of them is fantastic! It has almost become difficult to listen to other readers of audio books having become so accustomed to your great presentation of these fun stories. We can't wait to hear the next one: Baseball Joe and the Central League...it should be great fun! Thanks for all your hard work!

Stacy and Marilyn

All of Donald's recordings!
Don (DACSoft)
Bringing the Baseball Joe series to audio!

In Progress:
The Arrival of Jimpson; Baseball Joe in the World Series
Next up:
Two College Friends; Baseball Joe Around the World
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for rkeiper (Robert Keiper) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding his recording of The Seventh Man:

Dear Mr. Keiper:
I hope you keep reading, especially the western type novels. You have a great range of voice and a natural story telling ability. I'm now looking for the other novels you have read for and will be downloading them.

Thank you for the enjoyment
Sincerely,
Dave

All of Robert's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for TriciaG (TriciaG) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thanks! I really enjoy your readings.

All of Tricia's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for unreadpages (Peter Tucker) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Peter Tucker,

This is a short note to thank the reader Peter Tucker for lending his voice to so many different recordings on LibriVox. I have just listened to your rendition of En Route and must say that your voice is not only pleasing to listen to and your pronunciation of the French words stellar but the speed with which you read is also perfect. It is hard to get all of these things together and one can but relish a recording when it is encountered. When you have the time please continue the trilogy of Durtal. For my 12th Grade English class, I will be using your recording of En Route as both an example of Huysman’s fine writing style and Peter Tucker’s fine diction.

In Jesu et Maria,
Michael

All of Peter's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for praChirp (Prachi Pendse) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hi, Prachi,

I want to thank you very much for your reading of David Hilbert's 'Mathematical Problems'. Your voice is clear, your pace is good, your pronounciations of proper names and French and German titles and phrases are easily understandable. Mostly, it was just a great help to me to be able to hear the speech spoken in English. I am working on a B. S. in Mathematics and am collecting materials for a paper on Hilbert and being able to listen to this speech while on walks and back and forth to work has been a big help. Thank you very much for taking the time to record this speech. I hope you record more math-related works in the future!

With kind regards,
Zoe

All of Prachi's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Kaffen (Mark F. Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Mark,

A note of thanks for the many books you have read for Librivox. Fortunately, I have many to go but my favorites thus far are Mysterious Island, Mosby Memoirs, This Side of Paradise, and Sense & Sensibility.

My hometown is Greenville, South Carolina, so it is always a bonus to hear you are reading from Simpsonville.

Thanks again. You are my favorite male reader on Librivox.

Cheers,

Maria
Atlanta, GA

All of Mark's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for sjmarky (Mark Nelson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

It has been several months since I last thanked you for your readings. This time I am grateful for four more novels:
At the Earth's Core (1914) by Edgar Rice Burroughs (https://librivox.org/at-the-earths-core-version-2-by-edgar-rice-burroughs/),
Bat Wing (1921) by Sax Rohmer (https://librivox.org/bat-wing-by-sax-rohmer/),
The Bright Messenger (1921) by Algernon Blackwood (https://librivox.org/the-bright-messenger-by-algernon-blackwood/), and
The Green Odyssey (1957) by Philip Jose Farmer (https://librivox.org/the-green-odyssey-by-philip-jose-farmer/).

As usual your pleasant reading voice makes even less than riveting novels enjoyable. I felt like we had both accomplished something when I finished The Bright Messenger. :-) Each of these four books made exercising and driving interesting. Thanks! I'll be seeking more of your LibriVox offerings.

Jon
Anderson, SC

All of Mark's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for david wales (David Wales) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you to David Wales for reading "A Cathedral Singer" for Librivox. The old-fashioned language and pace, and sometimes also the ideas, would be challenging. The reading drew me into this book better than if I had been reading to myself. It could not have been better.
Regards,
Paul
All of David's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!